Here's a nice "Good News" dog story

Reyn

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:03 pm
Dog falls down cliff, is saved by canine friend who alerts her owner
at 9:34 on April 12, 2005, EST.

LONDON (AP) - It was one of those heartwarming Lassie moments.

Lacey, a golden Labrador, survived a 30-metre fall down a cliff when her friend Sheena, a black Labrador, raised the alarm, coast guard officials in Wales said Tuesday.

Lacey became trapped after slipping down a rocky slope near South Stack, in Holyhead, north Wales, on Monday afternoon.

Twelve-year-old Sheena spotted her lying in a pool of water at the bottom of a gully and raced to fetch Lacey's owner, barking to gain attention and directing her to the stricken animal. Coast guard officials were called.

"The whole rescue operation took around 40 minutes," said one official, who was not identified.

"One of our rescue team climbed down to the dog and set up a harness and rope system to winch her back to the top.

"The dog was shivering from the cold and a bit shocked and nervous, but she did not seem to be hurt and was wagging her tail.

"She would not have been able to get out herself, so she is very lucky that the other dog found her."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,106 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:06 pm
Labradors are smarter than your average bear. This is a great story. I have a black lab myself and know how fantastic they are :-)
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:13 pm
...and there's no "bacon" in this story, eh, 'trep'? :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:15 pm
Reyn wrote:
...and there's no "bacon" in this story, eh, 'trep'? :wink: Laughing

ssssssssshhhhhh Embarrassed
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 11:20 am
awww - good story... Cool
0 Replies

Poodlz

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 03:48 pm
Oh, my goodness, my baby would NEVER survive a fall like that. You know what I can never understand? It's those men that dump there dogs in the back of their pickup without a leash or anything! One time I seen 2 dogs----and they were BIG dogs, the size of a Shephurd----lying in the highway. Don't those people have a heart?
0 Replies