15
   

Is masturbation evil?

 
 
watchmakers guidedog
 
  1  
Wed 20 Apr, 2005 11:48 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Because rape isn't about sex or getting off. It's about control and power over another person.


Sorry, but if one thinks logically this is clearly not true.

There are many ways in which one can demonstrate or exert power over another. Leaving aside subtle taunts or power games let's focus for a moment on the closest analogue to rape that doesn't involve sex, physical assault.

Physical assault clearly demonstrates and exerts control and power over another. One can extort money, fear, respect and other benefits from such an act (the schoolyard shows some great examples of this... I use the word great losely).

Were the act merely about control and power then the victim would merely be physically assaulted. The involvement of sex within the assault indicates three possibilities.

1) The person has sexually issues which they are unleashing (for example responding to a rebuff of a sexual advance by getting "what they deserve" or "revenge").

2) The person is sexually frustrated and taking advantage of the situation of an assault or creating the situation of an assault to demand relief of their frustrations (this may dovetale into #1).

3) Within the agressor a tie exists inbetween sexual arrousal and dominance and control. Thus causing them to either, A) Become arroused during a physical assault thus causing it to progress into a rape or B) With forethought physically assault someone in order to experience control therefore sexual arrousal and releave that sexual arrousal in a fashion they find pleasing (Note: This can also dovetale into both #1 and #2)

We very commonly hear the claim that rape "isn't about sex" in everyday society however I don't believe it's accurate for the reasons I've shown above.
0 Replies
 
agrote
 
  1  
Thu 21 Apr, 2005 08:03 am
watchmakers guidedog wrote:
We very commonly hear the claim that rape "isn't about sex" in everyday society however I don't believe it's accurate for the reasons I've shown above.


I agree. I've heard it said many times that rape is only about power and control, and not sex. But as you say, if it wasn't at all about sex, then rapists would use their fists instead of their genitalia.

Bella, if I didn't masturbate, I'd be a rapist.
0 Replies
 
booman2
 
  1  
Fri 22 Apr, 2005 04:31 pm
Yeah Bella,
What they said. Smile
0 Replies
 
fredjones
 
  1  
Mon 25 Apr, 2005 01:59 am
I would much rather be assaulted physically than raped. I don't know about everyone else, but there aren't many things that would scar me worse than that. Plus it would ruin any successive sexual experience I might have. I would say maybe even most of the time it is just getting off, but the sick rapists do use it for control. That doesn't seem too far off to me.
0 Replies
 
agrote
 
  1  
Mon 25 Apr, 2005 04:33 am
fredjones wrote:
I would much rather be assaulted physically than raped. I don't know about everyone else, but there aren't many things that would scar me worse than that. Plus it would ruin any successive sexual experience I might have. I would say maybe even most of the time it is just getting off, but the sick rapists do use it for control. That doesn't seem too far off to me.


Yes, I definitely agree - power and control defintitely come into it. But obviously sex also comes into it - since it is after all a sexual act.
0 Replies
 
Eorl
 
  1  
Tue 26 Apr, 2005 04:53 am
I think some rapes are about control, some rapes are about pure sex, some are about lack of self-control, some are about humiliation, some are about reminding your wife of her duty, some are about proving you are "bad" enough to join the gang, some are essentially punishment some-one else actually "earned" and some are about God telling you to do it because it is his plan to create the next Jesus.

And for agrote, yeah some rapes are caused by a sudden rebellion against religious restraints.....

...and some are done in the name of God and even Justice.
0 Replies
 
agrote
 
  1  
Tue 26 Apr, 2005 11:47 am
Eorl wrote:
And for agrote, yeah some rapes are caused by a sudden rebellion against religious restraints.....


What?
0 Replies
 
Eorl
 
  1  
Tue 26 Apr, 2005 09:27 pm
agrote wrote:
if I didn't masturbate, I'd be a rapist.


Sorry agrote, I was just suggesting that being prevented from masterbating (by the fear of gods wrath) could certainly "cause" rapes to occur.

I was supporting your point rather than suggesting you might be such an example!

Sorry about the misunderstanding. Confused
0 Replies
 
agrote
 
  1  
Wed 27 Apr, 2005 04:07 am
Eorl wrote:
agrote wrote:
if I didn't masturbate, I'd be a rapist.


Sorry agrote, I was just suggesting that being prevented from masterbating (by the fear of gods wrath) could certainly "cause" rapes to occur.

I was supporting your point rather than suggesting you might be such an example!

Sorry about the misunderstanding. Confused


Haha, okay, fair enough.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Wed 27 Apr, 2005 10:31 am
I wouldn't even try to tell you I have never masturbated. Heck, I was born before the years had numbers; I've had plenty of time to live and learn. I speak for men and can only opine about women.

I submit that masturbation is a harmful practice. Think about it: what goes through your mind while beating the chicken? your term paper on the industrial revolution? Hah! Don't tell me; I think I already know. I submit that 99.99% of masturbation fantasies involve adultery or fornication. (Or worse, rape)

So, what's so bad about that? Well, there are few things more pleasurable than orgasm; and here you are rewarding your adulterous thoughts with this powerful climax. Remember what Jesus said about those who even think about adultery? What would he say to those who embellish their thoughts with prestidigitation?

I suggest if you are a habitual masturbator, you should try to find some other outlets for your energy. I'd suggest talking to your priest, but, well, you know. . .
0 Replies
 
Lewellyn
 
  1  
Wed 27 Apr, 2005 06:19 pm
That is plain nonsense. Masturbation is not a harmful practice. die man moet sy kop gaan laat lees !
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Wed 27 Apr, 2005 07:59 pm
Welcome to the forum and thank you Llewellyn, for your well documented reply.
0 Replies
 
husker
 
  1  
Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:42 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
http://teknesia.com/images/EveryTimeYouMasturbateGodKillsAKitten_THUMB.jpg

C'mon, people. Masturbation is about as "evil" as taking a shower. I don't know how there's any other side, unless you're referring to the greatest fiction ever written.

You're frickin' touching your SELF!


Slappy - I didn't know you were an author
0 Replies
 
plainoldme
 
  1  
Thu 28 Apr, 2005 10:13 am
Masturbation has probably done more good for the world than any other human endeavor.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Thu 28 Apr, 2005 10:20 am
It certainly would have been better for us all if the religious leaders had spent their time at prestidigitation instead of hocus pocus.
0 Replies
 
plainoldme
 
  1  
Thu 28 Apr, 2005 10:41 am
Catholics call masturbation, "abusing one's self." A male friend of mine said it took him a few years before he realized that when the priest spoke of self-abuse, he meant masturbation. Every time a priest spoke of abusing one's self, my friend would think, "Why would anybody want to do that?" To him, self-abuse was cutting or pinching one's self.
0 Replies
 
Slappy Doo Hoo
 
  1  
Thu 28 Apr, 2005 10:59 am
Husker, that's hilarious.
0 Replies
 
smorgs
 
  1  
Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:05 am
Onanism - love it!!!:wink:
0 Replies
 
Bella Dea
 
  1  
Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:28 am
watchmakers guidedog wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Because rape isn't about sex or getting off. It's about control and power over another person.


Sorry, but if one thinks logically this is clearly not true.

There are many ways in which one can demonstrate or exert power over another. Leaving aside subtle taunts or power games let's focus for a moment on the closest analogue to rape that doesn't involve sex, physical assault.

Physical assault clearly demonstrates and exerts control and power over another. One can extort money, fear, respect and other benefits from such an act (the schoolyard shows some great examples of this... I use the word great losely).

Were the act merely about control and power then the victim would merely be physically assaulted. The involvement of sex within the assault indicates three possibilities.

1) The person has sexually issues which they are unleashing (for example responding to a rebuff of a sexual advance by getting "what they deserve" or "revenge").

2) The person is sexually frustrated and taking advantage of the situation of an assault or creating the situation of an assault to demand relief of their frustrations (this may dovetale into #1).

3) Within the agressor a tie exists inbetween sexual arrousal and dominance and control. Thus causing them to either, A) Become arroused during a physical assault thus causing it to progress into a rape or B) With forethought physically assault someone in order to experience control therefore sexual arrousal and releave that sexual arrousal in a fashion they find pleasing (Note: This can also dovetale into both #1 and #2)

We very commonly hear the claim that rape "isn't about sex" in everyday society however I don't believe it's accurate for the reasons I've shown above.


You've obviously never been raped or known someone who was.
0 Replies
 
Bella Dea
 
  1  
Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:29 am
agrote wrote:
watchmakers guidedog wrote:
We very commonly hear the claim that rape "isn't about sex" in everyday society however I don't believe it's accurate for the reasons I've shown above.


I agree. I've heard it said many times that rape is only about power and control, and not sex. But as you say, if it wasn't at all about sex, then rapists would use their fists instead of their genitalia.

Bella, if I didn't masturbate, I'd be a rapist.


Again, obviously you've never been raped or known someone who was.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

700 Inconsistencies in the Bible - Discussion by onevoice
Why do we deliberately fool ourselves? - Discussion by coincidence
Spirituality - Question by Miller
Oneness vs. Trinity - Discussion by Arella Mae
give you chills - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence for Evolution! - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence of God! - Discussion by Bartikus
One World Order?! - Discussion by Bartikus
God loves us all....!? - Discussion by Bartikus
The Preambles to Our States - Discussion by Charli
 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/19/2024 at 07:05:11