Is masturbation evil?

watchmakers guidedog

Wed 13 Apr, 2005 07:13 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
If someone has a willing partner and prefers to masturbate, there IS a problem.

A book I was reading refered to a study that said that those with partners and an active sex life masturbate more frequently than those without.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Wed 13 Apr, 2005 07:21 am
Quote:
A book I was reading refered to a study that said that those with partners and an active sex life masturbate more frequently than those without.

That makes sense, but I think that you missed my point. I am not talking about masturbation as a part of a happy and fulfilling sex life. If I weas not clear, I was speaking of the person who has a partner who, is waiting and willing in bed, but the other person prefers to go into the bathroom and masturbate.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Wed 13 Apr, 2005 08:02 am
If masturbation is evil then I must surely be the spawn of Satan.
0 Replies

material girl

Wed 13 Apr, 2005 08:04 am
Wayhay!!!!
0 Replies

watchmakers guidedog

Wed 13 Apr, 2005 08:14 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I was speaking of the person who has a partner who, is waiting and willing in bed, but the other person prefers to go into the bathroom and masturbate.

Oh, okay. I get you.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Wed 13 Apr, 2005 08:28 am
http://teknesia.com/images/EveryTimeYouMasturbateGodKillsAKitten_THUMB.jpg

C'mon, people. Masturbation is about as "evil" as taking a shower. I don't know how there's any other side, unless you're referring to the greatest fiction ever written.

You're frickin' touching your SELF!
0 Replies

aidan

Wed 13 Apr, 2005 09:40 am
I'm with you Slappy - even if someone is in the bathroom masturbating while his or her partner is waiting - it's still just an issue of conflicting desires- and not evil or a sin.

Not that I'm not taking your point seriously Green Witch - but that's a totally different issue (sexual dysfunction in a relationship/ he likes to.... and I like to...., etc.) which probably doesn't arise in the lives of the majority of people who masturbate.

Whenever I hear people say they've never masturbated (and it's almost always women who say that) first I feel sorry for them, and secondly I figure they must be way too uptight. My own little stereotype I know, but it's true.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Wed 13 Apr, 2005 09:44 am
what's evil is using sex as a disciplinary or punishment tool and forcing yur partner to masturbate. That goes on more often than your scenario. WAY more often.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:30 pm
Masturbation wasn't a sin under the old testament. The idea was introduced by one of the Popes, if I recall my comparative religion course correctly.

The idea was that some of your soul left your body each time, or somesuch, so it was a sin similar to suicide....
0 Replies

patiodog

Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:15 pm
Seamus McGowan's back-up band was down on slapping the salame? Huh. Guess they were Catholic after all...
0 Replies

Eorl

Thu 14 Apr, 2005 09:51 pm
patiodog, I heard the Pogues kicked him out for being such a wanker. I'm not sure it was supposed to be taken so literally.....

oh, no....wait...that was Shane McGowan....
0 Replies

patiodog

Fri 15 Apr, 2005 03:10 pm
Yeah, that be the wanker I was talking about. Came very close -- methinks his (not so) Christian (wanking) name be Seanus, with an "n." I slipped the "m" in there because I can't "M"asturbating just won't get off my brain. Can't squeeze nothing by you, tho, can we? Wink

Pogues and S. McGowan and the Popes sucked after the split, too. Whole greater than the sum of parts and whatnot.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 15 Apr, 2005 03:25 pm
Is masturbation evil?

Beats me . . .

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

i don't care if somebody else beat me to it . . . i still crack me up . . .

Unflattering reference to the Pogues excised so as not to offend delicate sensibilities . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Fri 15 Apr, 2005 03:32 pm
who's delicate?
0 Replies

booman2

Sun 17 Apr, 2005 08:47 pm
I don't see how something that keeps the rape rate down can in itself be evil, but I think over doing it is not socially beneficial. I'm also a person thinks that using Ipods and such in the presence of friends is rude.
0 Replies

Montana

Sun 17 Apr, 2005 09:14 pm
I think public masterbation is a sin, but not private masterbation, so I'm good.

Phew!!!!
0 Replies

Eorl

Sun 17 Apr, 2005 09:16 pm
Just to clarify then, I'm a big fan of masterbation AND the Pogues.

(Just not at the same time...usually..)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:04 am
DrewDad wrote:

The idea was that some of your soul left your body each time, or somesuch, so it was a sin similar to suicide....

If that were true, many of us would be dead by now. Shocked

Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:06 am
booman2 wrote:
I don't see how something that keeps the rape rate down can in itself be evil, but I think over doing it is socially beneficial.

I know this isn't the thread for it but I have to correct this misconception.

Masturbation doesn't keep the rape statistics down. Why? Because rape isn't about sex or getting off. It's about control and power over another person.
0 Replies

material girl

Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:07 am
Bella-true.
0 Replies