Is masturbation evil?

HesDeltanCaptain

Thu 6 Aug, 2015 07:04 am
@Joe Sixpack,
As the line goes from the original "Footloose" movie when "Ren" asks the preacher's daughter how she found the stuff about dancing in the Bible, "Are you kidding?" Smile

This is the Christian article that mentions the 'depends on what you're fantasizing about'
https://carm.org/masturbation
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Thu 6 Aug, 2015 07:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
"Making it up? Why would I make anything up? Life's bad enough without inventing more of it." - "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" Smile

Can check the carm.org link and verify it, or you know, learn how to use a search engine.
Frank Apisa

Thu 6 Aug, 2015 09:08 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Ahhhh...so carm.org is the official site for Christianity.

My bad.

I was thinking the Bible.

Goes to show ya!
neologist

Thu 6 Aug, 2015 12:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't even think jw.org makes that claim
Frank Apisa

Thu 6 Aug, 2015 12:53 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I don't even think jw.org makes that claim

Without further investigation...

...I'd be willing to bet it doesn't, Neo.

But...this is someone new...and obviously someone who thinks he has lots of valuable information to share with us.

I'm willing to hear him out.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Sat 8 Aug, 2015 08:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
And using a given denomination to claim "Christianity is against gay marriage" when there's scores of denoms for it makes sense how?

Can show you however many denominations and sites you want saying what carm did. Pleanty of Jewish ones too.

Bible doesn't mention masturbation (or due to the word's nonexistance thousands of yeas ago,) the equivilent. 'Sin of Onan' wadsn't maturbation but coitus interuptus. And if you're not Jewish or claiming to be bound to Jewish law, 'spilling your seed' doesn't bind you any more than any other Jewish law would.

Christianity itself is on the whole anti-sex and pleasure. It's main figure, as well as main authority fiugres were supposedly celibate (though Jesus' tomb was supposedly discovered with Magdalan his wife, and their children.) Afaik Paul was actually celibate, at least when an Apostle. But when your authority figures are celibate and one (Paul) says it's better to not touch a woman, get married, or have sex even if married, then that religion isn't going to be anything but anti-sex.

Interestingly, this anti-sex view isn't supported by the first half of the Bible where God says 'be fruitfuland multiply' and other commandments command men to satisfy their wife's sexual needs.

Not to withhold food, clothing or conjugal rights from a wife (Ex. 21:10)

So where Paul got his thing from is a good question. Certainly not from God.
Frank Apisa

Sat 8 Aug, 2015 09:25 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
What does that screed have to do with what you quoted me saying?
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Mon 2 May, 2022 11:36 pm
@NumbFaint,
Yes, it is most certainly evil. You do it for that reason and you biology attempts to cover you and say it is its fault.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
bulmabriefs144

Sat 21 May, 2022 06:53 am
@PoliteMight,
There was some emperor in India that died from too much sex. He had like hundreds of wifes and such. Eventually, it think it screwed with his urinary system.
0 Replies

Yeehawboyy

Tue 22 Nov, 2022 09:48 am
@NumbFaint,
Masturbation is a man's birth right.
0 Replies

Yeehawboyy

Tue 22 Nov, 2022 09:49 am
@PoliteMight,
bruh you're mentally slow
0 Replies