Ecstasy and Addiction

jess420

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 06:47 pm
Well if you have experienced the high of ecstasy you will know what I am talking about. Do you know effects of this drug? I know that it drains your spinal fluid and can cause depression. This drug is very harsh and shouldn't be taken a lot. If anyone wants a e high story they would like to share I will share my stories. As well as I wanted to talk about addiction, what are your thoughts.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,621 • Replies: 21
No top replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 07:03 pm
Dangerous and foolish.

I come from a family who falls into addiction very easily, so I need to be careful to not do anything too much, or my mind suffers.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 07:09 pm
Jess, you are the shy girl having trouble getting a boyfriend?

Call me crazy, but maybe part of the problem is that you use drugs?
0 Replies

jess420

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 07:14 pm
If your suposed to stay away from drugs why are you going into a topic about ecstasy. This topic I wanted to discuss with people that acutally know about the topic. Sorry about thsat everyone I dont know what this persons talkin about.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 07:17 pm
Cute. I don't use drugs, therefor I couldn't possibly know that using ecstasy is foolish.

Forgive me, the lack of drugs must have affected my logic somehow.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 07:20 pm
Those who made the drug illegal must have been fools also, right? I tell you, it's a conspiracy. They just don't want anyone to use it and become cooler than they are.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 07:20 pm
Hi Jess.

SCoates makes a valid point. You may, in part, be having difficulty in getting a boyfriend if you have problems with drugs.

This question might better have been posted in Medical News and Health, but thread misplacement isn't a big thing.
0 Replies

watchmakers guidedog

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 07:51 pm
Messing with your serotonin systems isn't a particularly good idea. Your neurochemistry is a wonderful balance that acts to keep everything running smoothly. Taking drugs is like giving one of the sides of the scales a shove so you can play on the see-saw. It's not healthy to throw your systems that far out of their normal balance.

I'm not saying never take them, but making them a part of your everyday life is unhealthy. If you treat them as a special occasion then you'll be better off in the long run. If you just take one on a new year rave then wait until the next year then you'll be fine, not only that but your body won't build up resistance to the drugs so that you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars to get enough to have an effect.

That's what I do.
0 Replies

watchmakers guidedog

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 07:54 pm
ehBeth wrote:
SCoates makes a valid point. You may, in part, be having difficulty in getting a boyfriend if you have problems with drugs.

The most common mistake in science is to misattribute cause and effect. Perhaps it's the other way around. Or perhaps the same lack of self-confidence is leading to both problems.

Sorry Jess, don't mean to talk as though you're not there.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 09:49 pm
Wow, have we crossed the lines of communication here! Jess was talking adult to adult and we respond parent to child.

I think the reason many young people take to drugs is because the church has let them down totally. It not only has totally rejected and eliminated the mystical experience, it fails to even recognize its existence concentrating, instead, on morality, the most superficial expression of religion. The mystical experience is common in many so called primitive experiences.

Watchmaker is right on track about using drugs only infrequently as a ritual experience, but that's hard to do in the context of most drug use, that is, without any spiritual context whatsoever.
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 10:21 pm
I have a pretty stock answer on drug use: moderation; know what you're taking and why.

I've always held that the right mind-altering substance, in the right amount, for the right person is generally a good thing.

Should 15-year-olds be taking ecstacy? Generally, no. But may we really claim that, for the right person, ecstacy and other mind-altering drugs are necessarily bad? Of course not.

I've never taken ecstacy; but from I understand it's pretty bitchin' and I sure wouldn't mind. Wink

As for addiction, you're on your own. Rule of thumb: it's not an addiction in the stigmatized sense unless your "regular" life is being negatively effected.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 10:35 pm
Ecstasy is not physically addictive. It can be psychologically addictive but then just about about anything you can think of can be psychologically addictive.

I don't like it personally. It's too expensive, most of the stuff out there is of poor quality, it doesn't last very long and the come downs are a bit harsh. I'd rather drink beer.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 04:03 am
SCoates wrote:
Jess, you are the shy girl having trouble getting a boyfriend?

Call me crazy, but maybe part of the problem is that you use drugs?

You're crazy!
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 05:16 am
Here's a simple word of advice: Don't.

Why worry about the side effects, if you don't take it? No harm, no worries, no addiction, no overdose, and best of all - you're mind isn't altered and you have a wonderfully clear view of the world.

Why are you interested in taking Ecstacy in the first place? Be honest.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 01:01 pm
Sanctuary wrote:
Here's a simple word of advice: Don't.

Why worry about the side effects, if you don't take it? No harm, no worries, no addiction, no overdose, and best of all - you're mind isn't altered and you have a wonderfully clear view of the world.

I'm not under the influence of anything right now and I don't have a clear view of anything. I wouldn't mind a pill, to be quite honest.
0 Replies

watchmakers guidedog

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 06:59 am
Sanctuary wrote:

That has to go down in history as the most obvious question of all time. I'm sorry, I appreciate your point of view, but as questions go it's a killer.

I have something here which will make you the happiest you've ever been in your life. Why would you want to take that? Speaking from a basis of comparison quality pharmaceuticals leave sex, food and even achievement behind in the dust.

Is that sad, yes. But it's true. I'd love to be able to say that a great time with friends or quality time with a lover is better, but I'd be lying. Of course the above two are cheaper and usually healthier. Plus you can have sex multiple times in a night and while you'll feel exhausted in the morning at least you won't have a hangover.

Of course you're achieving that pleasure by destroying the very systems that provide it, plus it only lasts around four hours. However asking why someone would want to make themselves happier than normally neurologically possible is a really silly question.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 07:47 am
God Watchmaker - now you've gotten even me curious. I've done my share of experimenting - and maybe it's just my particular system - but I've never had anything that came near what you describe.

I do think Coates and Sanctuary are the voice of reason here, Jess. Because you just don't ever know, and sometimes it's a really hard kick in the pants finding out.
0 Replies

watchmakers guidedog

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 08:08 am
aidan wrote:
God Watchmaker - now you've gotten even me curious. I've done my share of experimenting - and maybe it's just my particular system - but I've never had anything that came near what you describe.

I dated a drug-dealer years ago. Not because of their profession (a nicely shaped ass was my main reason :wink:) but still it meant that for a while I was given some exceptional quality pharmaceuticals. Plus my brain appears to respond more than most other people, possibly a metabolism or neurochemistry issue. I'm not complaining, even though it means just about everyone can drink me under the table.

The best experience I've had, (which was more or less what I was describing) is a combination of MDMA and Ketamine (ingested, I don't like the idea of injecting). As I said earlier though, I believe that moderation is essential and stick to a once-yearly policy on anything powerful (like ecstasy) and a once-monthly policy on minor things (weed etc).

You are damaging your brain by throwing these balances out of whack. I personally chose to do this to a small degree but I would recommend moderation at the very least and thoroughly support peoples' choices to abstain.

Even if the substances are perfect then there are still risks, and in most cases the substances will not be perfect. Caution is advised.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 09:50 am
I'm really wary of trying any pharmaceuticals because the few times I have had any type of hard core pain killers or anasthesia (during or after surgery) I loved it, and I mean loved it. I know that I'm one of those people who could verily easily become addicted. Even to something like sleeping pills (because I'm not a good sleeper and when I've had them I've slept like a baby - and god does that feel great).

It is interesting though to compare how different people respond to different things. Interesting how some folks are just always looking for more/better/different stimulation- I'm one of them - I just try to keep my head about it.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 10:28 am
I have taken E once.... didn't like it too much and was depressed for a week after... Just not worth it... I was 16 when I took it.
0 Replies