oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 12:38 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
If the 16 year old kid were part of the woman's march and the Native American elder were wearing the MAGA hat, would you then feel the kid was "disrespectful"?
If there was an attempt to lynch the kid, I would be vehemently opposed to that.

Absent a lynching attempt, I don't think I'd pay any attention.

I'm not sure how to assess "disrespectful" in this case. I don't think I'd call that behavior disrespectful. How would it be?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 01:11 pm
@oralloy,
Well, the smoking gun has apparently been found.

Phillips is a provocateur and a poser

See the linked article for details on both

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/how-and-why-media-capitalize-on-anger/
oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 02:51 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I'm not sure how to assess "disrespectful" in this case.
What I mean by this is, I really don't give a lot of thought to the issue of "kids showing respect to their elders". It's not something that I've ever worried about.

So I can't picture how I would assess respectfulness (or lack thereof) in your hypothetical scenario.

Whatever I would think about the event, "respect" and "disrespect" would be the last things that I would be thinking of.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 04:19 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
So I can't picture how I would assess respectfulness (or lack thereof) in your hypothetical scenario.
. It's obvious to most people with a 'brain.'
oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 05:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Screaming "get off my lawn" and demanding that kids "show proper respect to their elders" is not related to intelligence.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 05:18 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Screaming "get off my lawn" and demanding that kids "show proper respect to their elders" is not related to intelligence.
That's very funny! You just proved my point. I like this answer on answers.yahoo.com: Intelligence in its simplest form is the ability to distinguish between things, so if you can see a broader spectrum of human emotions, then you can tell the difference between the feelings of others. When it comes to rational intelligence, you are also able to put the pieces together in order to form a strategy, or plan, to deal with challenges that come your way. We should all be rational, the emotional faculty is just another extention to the rational intelligence. We all have our personal emotions, but emotional intelligence allows us to understand the emotions of others before we get the wrong idea about them, which causes conflicts of personality.
oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 05:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Go ahead and scream "get off my lawn" at kids if you like.

I don't care whether young people show "proper respect" to their elders (whatever that even means). I have better things to worry about.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 11:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Well, the smoking gun has apparently been found.
Phillips is a provocateur and a poser

Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran from Vietnam. "People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me."

http://web.archive.org/web/20190120044201/newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday/archive/american-indian-veterans-honored-annually-at-arlington-national-cemetery-tMOxOLqrJU6Ux9hZvXAzYQ/
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 12:10 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
"I have a relative here who said he'd lead the way and scout ahead for us," Phillips continued, his voice breaking. "You know, I'm from Vietnam times. I'm what they call a recon ranger. That was my role. So I thank you for taking that point position for me."

http://www.vogue.com/projects/13542941/return-to-standing-rock/

He spent much of his enlistment in California, did not deploy and left the service as a private after disciplinary issues. From October 1972 to February 1973, he was classified as an antitank missileman, a kind of infantryman, Carlock said. He then became a refrigerator technician for the majority of his service.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2019/01/23/nathan-phillips-man-standoff-with-covington-teens-faces-scrutiny-his-military-past/
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 07:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And you're a poopie head CI! Rolling Eyes
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 07:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
That you need to ask that question proves your ignorance about social norms.
0 Replies