oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 09:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
How do you know all Native Americans are "left-wing Indian activists?"
He never said that all Native Americans are leftwing activists.

cicerone imposter wrote:
You seem prone to generalize a whole people with one brush.
No he doesn't.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 07:41 am
"Journalist fired after wishing death on Covington Catholic HS students, parents"
http://www.foxnews.com/us/journalist-fired-from-job-after-wishing-death-for-covington-catholic-hs-students-parents
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 12:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Anyone who associates themselves with known racists and accepts them can' t be all innocent about racism. I don't know you well enough to know you're not a racist, but your posts on this forum influenced my opinion about you. A recent post you made,
Quote:
@maxdancona,
The Native American Community?
You mean left-wing Indian activists.
Now we are supposed to give some special honor to Indians just because they are Indians?
How do you know all Native Americans are "left-wing Indian activists?" You seem prone to generalize a whole people with one brush.

What I wrote was

The Native American Community?

You mean left-wing Indian activists.

Now we are supposed to give some special honor to Indians just because they are Indians?

You conveniently left off the italics.

Who constitute the Native American Community? And how do you know they support this guy? Seems to me it's racist to assume that all the members of any race think in lockstep because of their race. You've already acknowledged that not every one of Japanese heritage agrees with you, however, you imagine that all Indians do.

Every Indian in American or even most of them supports this guy? Yeah like the all are offended by "Redskins" and don't want to be called "Indians."

I've no doubt that a whole lot of Indians supported this guy when they saw the first snippet of video disinformation. A whole lot of people of all races did. They were all, like you, conned by a leftwing activist who happens to be an Indian and is trading on his race for political purpose. A whole lot of people now know the truth and only the most ardently ideological miscreants are holding to the original narrative because they refuse to admit they were wrong and that not every White Christian teenager at a Pro-life rally is a terrible person.

I'm no more a racist than you are and maybe even less of one than you. I'm informed of you by your comments too and frivolously tossing out epithets may not mean you're a racist, but it could mean you are an ignorant, nastyass, fool.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 12:10 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

Anyone who associates themselves with known racists and accepts them can' t be all innocent about racism. I don't know you well enough to know you're not a racist, but your posts on this forum influenced my opinion about you.

If Finn is a known racist.

And Cicerone is associating himself with Finn (by interacting with him in a discussion forum).

That means that, by his own logic, Cicerone is also a racist.

(... and now I am associating myself with Cicerone... damn!)

I'm trying to figure out what known racists I associate with and how CI knows anything about who I associate with? I think I'm going to have to start looking over my should for an elderly Japanese-American guy in sunglasses! Smile
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 12:13 pm
@Lash,
And this has been debunked too.

You really should wait a few minutes and see if there is another side to the story before you go off all righteous and accusatory.

(They still think you are a Russian Troll btw Wink )
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 12:18 pm
@oralloy,
OMG! The girl is so white she's blonde and she's wearing a Trump hat!

Dox her! Threaten her.

At the very least launch investigative probes into her social media to find something that can prove (even if a little twisting is required) she's (in the words of one of our level headed members) " a little ****."

Make her pay!!!

Thanks for outing her oralloy! Cool
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 12:31 pm
@oralloy,
I respect him for his service, but that respect doesn't extend to everything he has said and done since he left the Marines and this would apply to anyone who served no matter what their race. It means I might give him the benefit of the doubt on certain issues, but not this one. He created and promoted the entire false narrative. The irony is that it was a much much longer video taken and posted online by the Black Hebrew Israelites that provided the truth. (Imagine if they hadn't done so) As soon as they saw it was being used to contradict the story of Phillips, they took it down...too late, fortunately.

As for "stolen valor," the MSM was laying it on so thick about how this guy was a saint (The WaPo story you linked is nauseating) that they had to claim he was a combat vet in Vietnam to give him even more status. Unless Phillips himself has claimed he's a Viet Vet or led reporters to believe he is, no valor stolen, only fraudulently bestowed.

Do you know if there is evidence that he has claimed to be a Viet Vet? What he did was bad enough. We don't need to follow the lead of the left and MSM and accuse him of a "crime" he hasn't committed.

He may not be a Senator Blumenthal of CT
oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 01:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I saw a conservative blogger say that the guy claimed it in some documentary. I did not try to find the documentary to verify it myself. I am not familiar with the blogger, so have no idea how reputable they are.

I can try to see what I can find later tonight. I'm a bit short on time this afternoon.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 02:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
. You miss the whole point: All cultures and races should be treated with some special honor. Only individuals are responsible for their bad deeds.
oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 05:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
OK, here's what I found.

Here is a newspaper article from 2007 that says:
"Mr. Phillips served in the Marine Corps in Vietnam from 1972-76."
http://www.toledoblade.com/frontpage/2007/07/02/Pow-wow-gives-life-to-past-and-present-in-Tecumseh.html

Here is a page about the documentary that the blogger was talking about. To my knowledge the documentary itself is not on the internet.
http://www.animadocs.com/portfolios/between-earth-and-sky/

"Catholic Boarding School childhood, followed by the Vietnam war and alcoholism, gave Nathan Phillips, aka Sky Man according to his Native American Omaha belief, a good reason to be angry with the world."

One of the pictures on that page shows him standing next to a local memorial to Vietnam Vets.

I found no smoking gun showing him directly stating that he served in the war. But it seems like over the years everyone around him always seems to think that he did.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 07:08 pm
@oralloy,
Clever on his part. He certainly didn't seem to disabuse anyone of the notion.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 09:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It was disrespectful in many ways, the first thing I noticed was the disrespect of a much older man. The young man's family has hired a PR firm and the young man explained to Savannah Guthrie that he was within his rights to stand where he was standing. On one hand he was within his rights, and he used his right to be obnoxious, which is also within his rights. So many of us lost loved ones in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Persian Gulf, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia to protect our freedoms.

This young man hasn't been on this earth long enough to appreciate the sacrifices older generations have made....and apparently Catholic education has changed a great deal since I was in school. If my Dad ever caught my brother puffing up his scrawny chicken chest at an old man, he would never dream of doing it again. But then again, my Dad would have been on that school trip, and he would have made sure those boys behaved.
oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 09:50 pm
@glitterbag,
There was no disrespect, no obnoxiousness, and no misbehavior on the part of the Covington students.

Leftists clearly are a menace to the children of America. We need to put all the leftists in reeducation camps to train them how to act like human beings.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 10:12 pm
@glitterbag,
Thank you for sharing that story. What I find surprising in my own children is how good they turned out. Many decades ago when they had telephone directories in public telephone booths (late 1960's?), I had to look for an address, so I tore out a page from the directory. My son scolded me for doing that.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 07:09 am
@glitterbag,
I asked the question in another thread, but it is a good question...

If the 16 year old kid were part of the woman's march and the Native American elder were wearing the MAGA hat, would you then feel the kid was "disrespectful"?

You are picking sides based on ideology, not on any objective principle
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 12:25 pm
@maxdancona,
Your imagination is great, but the question is not.
Quote:
If the 16 year old kid were part of the woman's march and the Native American elder were wearing the MAGA hat, would you then feel the kid was "disrespectful"?
. Most minorities understand what the red MAGA hat is all about. It's racist.
oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 12:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Your imagination is great, but the question is not.
It may be futile of Max to try to convince people to think rationally, but it doesn't really hurt.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Most minorities understand what the red MAGA hat is all about. It's racist.
This silly nonsense about falsely accusing everyone of racism is, well, silly nonsense.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 12:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Can you answer the question?

My point is that you all take sides based on you ideology without caring about the facts.

Edit: I would ask you too, Oralloy. Same question.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 12:30 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
My point is that you all take sides based on you ideology without caring about the facts.
. Okay, if you say so. You are sooo knowledgable, I'm impressed!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 12:32 pm
@maxdancona,
I always care about the facts.

If you disagree with my self assessment, go ahead and try to point out an example of an instance where I did not adhere strictly to the facts.

Although, I need to go address real life for a few hours, so I'll have to pick this up later this evening.
0 Replies