Seperaration Anxiety

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 03:05 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
[Yes, she knows it. In fact, she even says "I know I'm being silly but I can't help it!". I do tell her that she can help it but of course, this leads to another round of "How????I CAN'T...." wwwaaahhhh....

Do you ever say " yes you are being silly " ? Full stop. No qualifiers. Just agreement on that point.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 03:06 pm
I pity your friend. The therapist, that is.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Don't hook up your therapist friend with your annoying acquaintance. You could lose both of them as friends.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

eoe wrote:
Oh how I hate that "I can't help it" crap.

Me too....it is like nails on a chalk board...the first time, it's not so bad but after a while it just gets to the point where you can't take it anymore!

As my grandmother used to say "Sh*t or get off the pot!"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 03:07 pm
mrs. hamburger is noted for saying "move on"
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 03:08 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
[Yes, she knows it. In fact, she even says "I know I'm being silly but I can't help it!". I do tell her that she can help it but of course, this leads to another round of "How????I CAN'T...." wwwaaahhhh....

Do you ever say " yes you are being silly " ? Full stop. No qualifiers. Just agreement on that point.

No....but the idea has merits....

Perhaps a dose of reality is what she needs.

Oh no... Shocked It just occurred to me that I am being her enabler....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 03:08 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Don't hook up your therapist friend with your annoying acquaintance. You could lose both of them as friends.

I wouldn't really. They live about an hour apart so...it wouldn't be possible anyway.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 03:09 pm
mmmmm

maybe she's training you to be her enabler

but you caught yourself
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 03:10 pm
Whatcha gonna do bella?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 03:11 pm
My best friend (before she became a therapist) and I used to joke about being each others enabler when it came to shopping. That was funny. This is not.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 03:13 pm
eoe wrote:
Whatcha gonna do bella?

Oh....pressure....pressure...

I think I have no other choice but to tell her she can't talk to be about it any more unless she is actively seeking help from a professional. She is gonna be so pissed.... Confused

But as my mother always says "Better to have someone else mad at you then you mad at yourself!"

There.

Whew.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 03:16 pm
Sometimes a girl just has to do what a girl has to do.

She'll probably thank you later. Just make sure she knows that you care.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 03:18 pm
Thanks ladies...sometimes I guess you just have to have someone else tell you what you've suspected you had to do all along.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 04:50 pm
That's what friends are for, Bella.

Go back and read your first post. I think you already knew what you needed to do.

And your mother is right.
0 Replies