Should DeLay resign

au1929

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 08:46 am
Quote:
After DeLay Remarks, Bush Says He Supports 'Independent Judiciary'

By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK

Published: April 9, 2005

WASHINGTON, April 8 - President Bush appeared to distance himself on Friday from recent comments by the House Republican leader, Representative Tom DeLay, that Congress should crack down on unaccountable judges.

Asked in a conversation with reporters about statements by Mr. DeLay that judges were out of control and should be held accountable, the president said: "I believe in an independent judiciary. I believe in proper checks and balances. And we'll continue to put judges on the bench who strictly and faithfully interpret the Constitution."

Trent Duffy, a spokesman for the White House, said Friday night that the president was only "saying what his view of the judiciary is," in the same terms he has always used.

Dan Allen, a spokesman for Mr. DeLay, said the lawmaker's views were consistent with the president's statement. "Congressman DeLay as well as House Republicans have made it clear that Congress has a role to play here to ensure there are checks and balances and the judiciary doesn't run amok," Mr. Allen said.

Democrats called the president's statement a contradiction of Mr. DeLay's.

Continued;
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/09/politics/09judges.html?th&emc=th

Someone must have told him that public opinion was running against the exterminator. And it was time to jump on the bandwagon. Does he really believe that DeLay is wrong. I doubt it!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 09:07 am
I would like to see him remove himself from office. with extreme prejudice. Laughing
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 09:24 am
blueveinedthrobber
Who Bush or DeLay or both. Question There is very little to chose between the two of them. Sad
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 09:44 am
In answer to the original question, yes, he should resign. Not because I know anything about his guilt or innocence, mind you...but simply because he's a giant prick.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 09:55 am
Kicky
Have you been peeking? :wink:
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 10:24 am
I didn't have to. That giant penis head poking out of the neck hole of all his shirts is a dead giveaway.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 03:09 pm
Quote:
And the Verdict on Justice Kennedy Is: Guilty

By Dana Milbank
Saturday, April 9, 2005; Page A03

Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy is a fairly accomplished jurist, but he might want to get himself a good lawyer -- and perhaps a few more bodyguards.

Conservative leaders meeting in Washington yesterday for a discussion of "Remedies to Judicial Tyranny" decided that Kennedy, a Ronald Reagan appointee, should be impeached, or worse.

Although Justice Anthony M. Kennedy was named to the Supreme Court by President Ronald Reagan, he drew the ire of conservatives at a forum on the judiciary. (Lisa Poole -- AP)
Phyllis Schlafly, doyenne of American conservatism, said Kennedy's opinion forbidding capital punishment for juveniles "is a good ground of impeachment." To cheers and applause from those gathered at a downtown Marriott for a conference on "Confronting the Judicial War on Faith," Schlafly said that Kennedy had not met the "good behavior" requirement for office and that "Congress ought to talk about impeachment."

Next, Michael P. Farris, chairman of the Home School Legal Defense Association, said Kennedy "should be the poster boy for impeachment" for citing international norms in his opinions. "If our congressmen and senators do not have the courage to impeach and remove from office Justice Kennedy, they ought to be impeached as well."

contined:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A38308-2005Apr8.html?referrer=email

The conservatives and their allies in the religious right it seems have all declared war on the judiciary. Bush opened the door with his talk of activist judges and all the roaches came forth.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 03:32 pm
all these anti american scum bastards need to be voted out and then blackballed from polite society.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 02:37 pm
Search AP Story Archive Apr 10, 4:16 PM EDT
Quote:
Santorum: DeLay Needs to Answer Questions

By LOU KESTEN
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The No. 3 Republican in the Senate said Sunday that embattled House Majority Leader Tom DeLay needs to answer questions about his ethics and "let the people then judge for themselves."

Sen. Rick Santorum's comments seem to reflect the nervousness among congressional Republicans about the fallout from the increased scrutiny into DeLay's way of doing business. One of DeLay's GOP colleagues in the House called him an "absolute embarrassment" and doubted DeLay would last as majority leader.

Continued:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/D/DELAY?SITE=1010WINS&SECTION=US&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

DeLay is on DeWay. The sinking ship is close to being scuttled.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 09:33 am
DeLay mearly represents the true colors of the Republican Party, and Karl Rove doesn't like that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 09:50 am
DeLay will only see the light when enough Republicans to eject him can be counted. The day may be almost here.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 10:15 am
I digress but: I couldn't help thinking upon seeing this article that these people must be studying for election to congress.

Quote:
Students Use 125 Steps to Change Batteries

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) - Purdue University students won the national Rube Goldberg Machine Contest on Saturday by proving that changing the batteries in a flashlight isn't always simple. Students from the Purdue Society of Professional Engineers devised the most whimsically complex method of taking two batteries out of a flashlight, replacing them and turning the flashlight on.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 10:22 am
au1929 wrote:
I digress but: I couldn't help thinking upon seeing this article that these people must be studying for election to congress.

Quote:
Students Use 125 Steps to Change Batteries

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) - Purdue University students won the national Rube Goldberg Machine Contest on Saturday by proving that changing the batteries in a flashlight isn't always simple. Students from the Purdue Society of Professional Engineers devised the most whimsically complex method of taking two batteries out of a flashlight, replacing them and turning the flashlight on.

Depends on how much they spent on the batteries.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:17 pm
I will gladly support the removal of DeLay,on one condition.
The Dems and the left must support the removal of EVERY member of congress that has even the slightest hint of misconduct in their personal or public life.
Even the "appearance of impropriety" must be enough to remove someone from their seat in the congress.

That means that Ted Kennedy must go (he KILLED a woman),Nancy Pelosi must go (her aide took a "fact finding" trip to Spain,paid for by people she got federal funding for),Robert Byrd MUST GO( he admits to leading the KKK),Hillary Clinton must go (Whitewater,Rose Law Firm billing records,Her connection to a Ca fundraiser that lied about the source AND the amount of a $1,000,000 contribution to her campaign).

I know there are more,but lets start with those.
Will those of you on the left agree to this?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:38 pm
What a stupid list.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:36 pm
Quote:
WASHINGTON - House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, hoping to hold support among fellow Republicans, urged GOP senators Tuesday to blame Democrats if asked about his ethics controversy and accused the news media of twisting supportive comments so they sounded like criticism.

Officials said DeLay recommended that senators respond to questions by saying Democrats have no agenda other than partisanship, and are attacking him to prevent Republicans from accomplishing their legislative program. One Republican said the Texan referred to a "mammoth operation" funded by Democratic supporters and designed to destroy him as a symbol of the Republican majority.

DeLay also thanked Sen. Rick Santorum (news, bio, voting record), R-Pa., for his recent comments and said the news media had twisted them to make them sound critical, the officials added, all speaking on condition of anonymity.

In an appearance on ABC's "This Week" on Sunday, Santorum said DeLay "has to come forward and lay out what he did and why he did it and let the people then judge for themselves. But from everything I've heard, again, from the comments and responding to those, is everything he's done was according to the law."

The officials who described DeLay's brief remarks noted that the session, a regularly scheduled weekly lunch, was held under rules of secrecy. Dan Allen, DeLay's spokesman, declined comment......

Read the rest HERE

I thought Republicans had a distaste for whiners and victims. Very Happy
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 11:47 pm
mysterman wrote:
The Dems and the left must support the removal of EVERY member of congress that has even the slightest hint of misconduct in their personal or public life.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

chiczaira

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 12:52 am
Yes, DeLay should resign. After he is impeached, of course. Anyone who would remain in office after he is impeached is worthless. An impeachment means, of course, that enough evidence has been found that the office holder would be indicted. The House indicted Bill Clinton. He was clearly guilty of Obstruction of Justice. He did not resign. However, DeLay would resign if he were to be impeached. I am sure that DeLay has much more integrity than Bill Clinton has.

Mysteryman's list is absolutely correct. I do not remember that a man who committed Manslaughter by driving into Chappaquiddick Bay and failing to do anything for hours to rescue a dying woman, did not resign.

After models like Clinton and T. kennedy, the left is calling for the resignation of Tom DeLay?

May we have a list of the charges?
May we have an indictment?
May we have a conviction?

Failing those steps,may we call it partisan politics?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 01:42 am
Dookiestix wrote:
mysterman wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I could get a second career in US politics - the joint would be empty Very Happy

Just kidding, mind you if the same rules applied here I reckon they'd be ringing me and asking me to stand for Parliament Laughing
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 02:13 am
chiczaira wrote:
I am sure that DeLay has much more integrity than Bill Clinton has.

republicans... get over clinton and take out your own trash once in a while.

but for too many republicans, living in the past is far preferable to dealing with the now. the number one reason i left the republican party.
0 Replies