Is it normal for a family member to do a background check on my boyfriend?

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2018 02:33 pm
Over the summer I had started dating a guy. I’m 18 and haven’t dated much at all. I told my close family member that I was dating him- told her his name, where we initially met, and sent her a picture of him (I couldn’t help myself, he was so good looking; he even did modeling!) I later found out she did some sort of background check on him- his basic info, his address, where he works, where his father worked, etc. Everything. Is that something a lot of fam do or was she being paranoid? She’s kind of a naturally paranoid person but sadly I also wonder if him not being white had something to do with it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,777 • Replies: 1
No top replies

bunnyhabit

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 09:31 pm
i would interpret this to be a loving reaction to your safety and happiness. on the surface it appears to be jealousy may be a factor if not protection for this depth of interest. simply ask the family member the basis for the official inquiry. it is certainly not a normal reaction by a sane family member.
0 Replies