Not sure what to do

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2018 05:04 pm
Went out Friday with a group of friends, and invited a mutual work friend along (same company, different accounts). Didn't think he'd show up despite the fact we share a dark world view/humor, and he's oddly attractive to me - can tell it goes both ways (people are fickle, though, so...).

Got really drunk, and ended up back at his place where things got heavy. I shut it down because 1) I was really hammered, and 2) I haven't been with anyone in years, and my confidence is in the toilet. I was a bit of an asshole, too, or I think I was anyway. I basically got irritated, and took off. I apologized for that part, but didn't bring up anything else.

My problem is I'm kicking myself now because I had a chance to get out of this rut, and ruined it. Maybe not, but if I hadn't been so drunk, I probably would have let it happen. I would like to in the future. I'm just not sure how to approach it without coming off weird. If any of you have experienced something similar, or have any advice, I could use it.

(For the record, I'm not concerned we work in the same company. It's a non-issue as we see each other infrequently, and policy regarding fraternization only refers to superior/subordinate roles which don't apply here. )

Made this as short as possible, so if you have questions, I'm happy to answer them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 728 • Replies: 5

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2018 05:07 pm
@ohwellcrap,
Invite him out again.

Really. Don't make it complicated.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2018 08:39 pm
Re- connect, without alcohol.
0 Replies

Imbigdad

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2018 05:49 am
@ohwellcrap,
Girl you don't need to feel unconfertable with yourself if the nigga wants that puh and you wanna give him that puh he ain't gone judge you for that he might judge you for how lose it is but you said its been a few years so you should have no problem with dat. And never have sex with some you like and want more than a one night stand with drunk because that relationship most likely ain't gon last
ohwellcrap

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2018 08:02 pm
@Imbigdad,
This made me laugh. Thanks. And thanks for the other replies. (I'm not looking for a relationship.)
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2018 08:23 pm
@ohwellcrap,
Just send him a note then with "Let's try this without alcohol again, shall we?"
and see how he replies.
0 Replies