Could it be that he sees me as more than a friend?

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2018 05:09 pm
Seeing as my friends are a bit through with my consistent and perhaps constant gushing, I figured that I'd try a forum. There's a guy I met at school, and he sits with my friends and I at lunch. It's been a good while since I had begun to trust guys again (I've had too many unpleasant and hurtful encounters with men in the past), and despite knowing such, he's been such a kind and understanding person. Yes, he makes the occasional pervy joke from time to time, but he's been really supportive. He's also taken note of the fact that I'm really ticklish and has used it to his advantage, more in the area that I squawk a bit when I'm startled. The only downside to all of this is that my friend says that he does this often (I've also seen him do such with her too), and it makes me believe that he doesn't see me as much more than a friend. Any opinions to the matter?

Ponderer

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2018 05:38 pm
@sakuraakai,
How's this for an opinion?
He likes to see you laugh.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2018 05:38 pm
@sakuraakai,
Are you interested in him?

Invite him out for a tea/coffee some afternoon. He'll say yes or no. If yes, you'll have a chance to chat and find out what things are like one-on-one. If things go well, let him know you enjoyed spending time with him and would like to do so again.

Guessing (long distance or otherwise) doesn't really work.
sakuraakai

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2018 08:50 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm pretty interested in him. I'm just super nervous to ask him to something one-on-one since it's pretty darn rare we have a conversation without me getting flustered and doing something stupid. I've considered a few options and decided that it's best if I get to know him a bit better first, but I needed a fresh set of opinions on if he even seems to take interest in me in such a sense.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2018 10:00 pm
@sakuraakai,
How will you get to know him without one on one time?

Do not gossip about him with friends.

Talk to him. Spend time alone with him.
chai2

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2018 11:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Also, the fact that your friends are so over it is a pretty good sign you need to talk to him, not them.

Or, are you going to gush here too?
sakuraakai

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2018 01:11 am
@chai2,
At this point, probably not. It's a year off me graduating and it's best that I go on ahead and ask him out, regardless of his response. And while he is one of the kindest souls I've met in several months, I need to be true to my own, y'know?
0 Replies