was Hitler good for germany?

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 05:26 am
I see that all you have to offer is more insults. You refer to what you characterize as "pathetic claims." If that is so, you need only refute the claims, and provide your sources. As you have not done so, your credibility is nil. Your attempt to express yourself in English fails utterly on a regular basis. You don't even express yourself clearly when your only object is to insult me. Althogether, you've made a poor showing.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 05:40 am
"My compliments and sincere expression of gratitude to the doubtlessly beautiful Mrs. Steve (and perhaps long-suffering as well). "

Smile

"most apposite observation" I am instructed to respond

TGP

so tell us a little about yourself. Are you English or American or Chinese? What has sparked your interest in the Versailles treaty? Do you have views on other aspects of modern world history e.g the Great Depression or the collapse of the USSR?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 02:55 am
Steve, the only reference which i can consistently find to a "Golden Phalanx" comes from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce. The entry in that worthy lexicon for the word regalia reads, in part:

REGALIA, n. Distinguishing insignia, jewels and costume of such ancient and honorable orders as Knights of Adam; Visionaries of Detectable Bosh; the Ancient Order of Modern Troglodytes; the League of Holy Humbug; the Golden Phalanx of Phalangers; the Genteel Society of Expurgated Hoodlums; the Mystic Alliances of Georgeous Regalians; Knights and Ladies of the Yellow Dog . . . . . . etc. . . .

Online searches for the name "Golden Phallanx" (which, with two "l's" is a misspelling) have turned up a Canadian member at a military history board in a discussion of whether there was a genocide committed against Armenians by Turks. This individual, however, is articulate and reasonable. Which is to say, does not resemble the member here.
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 05:50 am
Re: was Hitler good for germany?
Hi, Funk!

Was Hitler good for Germany?

Emphatically "NOT!!!" He was a bane. And I speak not academically, but as one who's first generation German-American (German mother, American father). My mom's family hails from Stettin, which was dished out to the Poles in '45, thanx to Yalta (which would've never happened if Hitler hadn't started that infernal war). They lost EVERYthing, and barely missed getting tort...d/murdered by the Soviets. They had to flee West and start from scratch.

My maternal grandma's parents committed suicide. Why? For 50 years, they had labored to build up their horticultural business, which prospered as surely as their plants. Then came the political locusts in the Red Shirts: they confiscated even my great-grandparents' hard-saved bank account (their version of Social Security). At 80 & 70, what were they going to do? As former business-owners, they would've been personae non gratae under the new Communist regime, and they couldn't have started from scratch in West Germany.

Stuck in East Germany, my maternal grandfather developed a GI condition that could've been treated with milk, but milk was as scarce as diamonds in The Great Soviet Workers' Paradise. He died shortly after war's end. He was only 53.

My uncle at a young age became an officer in the Wehrmacht (NOT the S.S.), where he soon was stripped back down to grunt rank, bec. he refused to carry out some order (I assume it was something like shooting intelligentsia or Jews). Traumatized by what he saw on the Russian Front and disillusioned by the lies of Nazism, he turned to a useless religion that kept him out of touch with reality for the remainder of his days.

And look at Germany as a whole at the end of the war: gutted, charred, starving, carved in half, maimed, fatherless, husbandless, brotherless, sonless.

If ever there was a 3-D object lesson on what happens to a country when it who..s after the occult and a false messiah/false gospel, Germany is it.

Unfortunately, it's a lesson the world has still not learned.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 06:00 am
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit.
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 06:05 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit.

Righto, Walter: that's why their shirts were appropriately brown. Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 06:43 am
Certainly the bs has attempt to conquer here . . .
0 Replies

The Golden Phallanx

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:15 pm
Setanta wrote:
I see that all you have to offer is more insults. You refer to what you characterize as "pathetic claims." If that is so, you need only refute the claims, and provide your sources. As you have not done so, your credibility is nil. Your attempt to express yourself in English fails utterly on a regular basis. You don't even express yourself clearly when your only object is to insult me. Althogether, you've made a poor showing.

You can't cope with the idea that there is more than just good and evil. I'm sorry kid I can't help you. Try your babysitter, she might be able to explain it to you. I just don't have the patience. I'm sorry.
0 Replies

oB

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:25 pm
Hitler was juz the dumb man in front havin sum intelligent pepz in his back who coordinated and made all the decisions and they knew what the german folk liked and im sure like 60 % of u wuld have followed him too and im not excludin me Sad

afterwards u know what had to be done but livin durin that time was much too different
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:44 pm
Yes, TGP, you are a sorry excuse for a debater. This doesn't surprise me, however.
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 06:21 am
That idiot child had one original thought in his entire life--that Germany could conquer Russia and annex the Ukraine. That bit of murderous psychotic fantasy cost Germany the lives of eight million of her people.[/quote][QUOTE

and 25 million Russians
Quote:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:12 am
Yes, Billy, tens of millions of Russians did indeed die--although a great many died of Stalin before and after Hitler's idiocy . . .
0 Replies