Strange head swelling with headache

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2018 01:11 am
Please help! For the passed 5 months i have been getting headaches (i used to get bad migraines before i had a hysterectomy). These headaches happen about once a week sometimes more. However, these headaches come with head swelling. Its in between my skin and my skull. The swelling happens all over my head In different spots, it feels and looks like i have a goose egg just no color change. They are really painful. Today i got one again and my forehead swelled and i got another painful bump on the back of my skull where my neck and skull meet. The first time it happened was in july, i went to the er and they could see the fluid build up but said they didnt know why or how it got there but there was no swelling on my brain. So nothing ever was done or looked at again. However todays headache hurts bad and my forehead is pretty swollen and the back of my neck is tingley near the other bump and my ears hurt as well. These bumps come and go with the headache. Sometimes its a couple hours and sometimes its a couple days. Once the bump leaves then the spot feels like it is bruised hoever there is no visual sign of bruising. Never any color change. Since this strted in july i always feel tired and grumpy. Do i need to push my doctor to pay attention or find another primary??

jespah

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2018 05:32 am
@Anonda22,
Find another primary. ASAP.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2018 07:09 am
Of course you should follow up with another Dr. but I wonder if you have considered allergy as a possibility.

I had to stop using hair dye that contained any ammonia or bleach because I would get large welts on my head after coloring. These bumps were at least one inch x 1 - 1/2 in size.

Sometimes eating shrimp will also give me wide welt bumps, starting on my head and then the neck. ( not sure why it’s not every time I eat shrimp.) So I have to watch the iodine exposure, I am told.
0 Replies

bennysmith

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2019 10:50 pm
Dude you must visit the doctor as soon as possible.
0 Replies

homeopahy

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 06:27 am
@Anonda22,
Headaches are usually caused by an illness, infection, cold, or fever. Facial swelling has a range of possible causes, from minor events like vision changes, upper abdominal pain.
0 Replies

enk

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 10:57 pm
@Anonda22,
What PUNKEY stated above makes lots of sense, because my scalp also gets irritated by certain shampoo's, ever since i became more aged.
...But also i'd immediately rule out possible viral or bacterial or Lyme infection via the correct type of doctor. Then i'd try keeping away from all electronics for awhile, to see if during that period you feel better. During that "test" period, i'd also stick to the most mild foods possible, and try to avoid chemicals.

I know y'all will laugh at this, but if it were me, i'd try to research & find a reputable medical intuitive if doctors haven't helped you. Or if i had money to spare, i'd fly to, say, Hungary, and get diagnosed via the SCIO, which is officially called "biofeedback" but which actually is one of the most accurate forms of diagnostics. Though by now there may be others even better. For example, the Russians had long ago come out with something called ROFES.

The reason you hardly hear about these things, is because anything that's not mainstream usually gets scant notice. But that doesn't mean they're not more meritorious than mainstream. Just look up thrivemovement to get the gist of what i mean.
0 Replies