Fox News airs psychic to talk to Terri

roverroad

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 06:08 pm
dyslexia wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I picked up a cool Terri Schiavo lunchbox at Wal Mart today. Oh the irony.

should be just right for headcheese sandwiches.

Oh, that's just wrong... Rolling Eyes

Anyway, thanks for providing the link msolga since I was too lazy. I am at work and don't have a lot of time to research. However, everyone seems to be focusing on the partisanship of mediamatters. It was Fox news that did the deed, I didn't even have a website in mind before I made up my mind that FOX has sunk to a new low.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 07:02 pm
Well, (showing my equal opportunity suspicion), the low Fox sank to was a) letting John Edward flog his book, b) bringing up Terri Schiavo and letting him say dumb things about her. This is a little different from, "I just heard that Fox news had that Psychic guy from that crossing over show on the air to Talk to Terri." I mean, that wasn't the purpose of why he was there, and they didn't like recruit him to talk to Terri. He was there to flog his book, and Terri came up.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 07:17 pm
sozobe wrote:
Well, (showing my equal opportunity suspicion), the low Fox sank to was a) letting John Edward flog his book, b) bringing up Terri Schiavo and letting him say dumb things about her. This is a little different from, "I just heard that Fox news had that Psychic guy from that crossing over show on the air to Talk to Terri." I mean, that wasn't the purpose of why he was there, and they didn't like recruit him to talk to Terri. He was there to flog his book, and Terri came up.

So in other words, FOX has no control over what trash they broadcast :wink:
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 07:18 am
roverroad wrote:
So in other words, FOX has no control over what trash they broadcast :wink:

Okay. We all choose different media (and therefore different biases) for our news input. Personally, I prefer CNN online and BBC online as I feel I'm receiving fairly balanced information and the availability fits my schedule. As for the printed media, besides my local daily, I prefer a certain metropolitan daily because I like its overall presentation. It was traditionally a staunchly conservative paper, but it's now recognized as being pretty much independent. <You're familiar with The Dispatch, Sozobe?> The point being, I know where my news is coming from.

I despise USA Today for its McNews approach, and I have always considered FoxNews to be the broadcast equivalent ... fastpaced for tiny attention spans, titillating topics, if-it-bleeds-it-leads format, and so forth. Still, I know the difference between news broadcasts and morning talk shows. Fox & Friends is a morning talk show and here's their own disclaimer:

<<<About the Show: This offbeat morning show features anchors E.D. Hill, Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade. They take a look at the day's news, sports and weather from a different perspective. It is an interactive show where you can call in to voice your opinion or have your e-mail read. Anything can happen and usually does!>>>

Titillating, lowbrow, tabloid topics for sure, but it's a talk show and any intelligent person should know that.

I think MediaMatters, the American left, and a few folks here ought to ask themselves why they're so obsessively paranoid about McFox News and its morning talk show.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 11:55 am
Between the Stewart clip, Dyslexia, and assorted comments, I almost peed my pants...................!

Great entertainment.
0 Replies