Fox News airs psychic to talk to Terri

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 02:45 am
I just heard that Fox news had that Psychic guy from that crossing over show on the air to Talk to Terri. He said he was able to contact Terry and she said she's aware of what's going on around her, and they wish they would stop showing that picture of her because she thinks she looks terrible Laughing

Did you see this broadcast? Can Fox news stoop any lower? It only proves that Fox isn't serious about reporting the news, it's all about Entertainment and brainwashing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,428 • Replies: 64
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 02:48 am
Can you provide a link?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 03:00 am
Oh, come ON!!!! You've gotta be kidding, roverroad! Surely no self respecting "news" outlet would stoop to such nonsense? Even FOX!Confused
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 03:30 am
Oddly, I had just been looking at Fox online - and saw no mention of this there...
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 03:31 am
dlowan wrote:
Can you provide a link?

No, because I heard it on the Berny Ward radio show out of 810 KGO in San Francisco. I can pick up the signal here in Boise. But I can't find a link. Maybe someone else saw it. A caller told berny about it and Berny Ward said he looked it up and it was true.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 03:31 am
This isn't some belated April Fools Day hoax is it?
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 03:37 am
msolga wrote:
This isn't some belated April Fools Day hoax is it?

Don't think so Laughing it was on FOX's morning news show. Terri just did not like that picture. I don't blame her. Maybe that's why they have better pictures of her in the paper now.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 03:40 am
If that IS true, Fox just sank even lower in my estimation.

Wh would have believed such a thing possible?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 04:05 am
This is the best I could come up with, via Google. Not much:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200503250006

But let me tell you, in the process of the search I came across some unbelievable websites! Shocked There is some truly outrageous US political crap online. Nuttersville! Twisted religious stuff/shocking lies & distortions ... & the HATRED spewing forth! Moma mia! Shocked I feel soiled. Aint going to those places again, no way! <shudder>
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 04:16 am
msolga wrote:
This is the best I could come up with, via Google. Not much:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200503250006

But let me tell you, in the process of the search I came across some unbelievable websites! Shocked There is some truly outrageous political crap online. Just can't believe it. Nuttersville!

Don't blame all Americans. 50% of us are normal. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 04:18 am
Oh, I'm not blaming, roverroad. I'm just in shock, that's all. If I lived in the US I'd be very frightened, really ...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 04:50 am
Sounds as though they had a "psychic" to avow that her mind was clear - while the poor woman was still "alive".

I guess that means they wouldn't sneeze at having the same charlatan turn up when she is dead.

Is that Fox and friends thing masquerading as a "news" show?

If it is just low-brow entertainment, and claims to be nothing more, so be it. If it claims to be news...sheesh...

msolga wrote:
Oh, I'm not blaming, roverroad. I'm just in shock, that's all. If I lived in the US I'd be very frightened, really ...

I wouldn't be surprised if they had twin sites here, Msolga - the net helps these ideas spread like the plague - and nutters are everywhere.

You have more than 50% sane in the US - most conservatives are not like them!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 05:07 am
dlowan wrote:
...You have more than 50% sane in the US - most conservatives are not like them!

Of course not, Deb. Goes without saying ... And of course, roverroad was not being deadly serious in that statement, either, I'm sure. Smile Sure the nutters are a minority, but a really scary, ugly minority. It's the combination of religion with hate & patriotism that's really disturbing.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 05:35 am
msolga wrote:
But let me tell you, in the process of the search I came across some unbelievable websites! Shocked There is some truly outrageous US political crap online. Nuttersville! Twisted religious stuff/shocking lies & distortions ... & the HATRED spewing forth! Moma mia! Shocked I feel soiled. Aint going to those places again, no way! <shudder>

The Schiavo case is a tragedy in so many ways. Happily, for Terri, it's over.

As for "outrageous political crap online," Fox News certainly qualifies on a regular basis, but the cited source, Media Matters for America, also qualifies in that it arbitrarily determines what is and is not "conservative misinformation" and seems to have an unhealthy fixation with the Fox & Friends program.

MEDIA MATTERS' mission statement:
"Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

Launched in May 2004, Media Matters for America put in place, for the first time, the means to systematically monitor a cross section of print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets for conservative misinformation -- news or commentary that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda -- every day, in real time.

Using the website www.mediamatters.org as the principal vehicle for disseminating research and information, Media Matters posts rapid-response items as well as longer research and analytic reports documenting conservative misinformation throughout the media. Additionally, Media Matters works daily to notify activists, journalists, pundits, and the general public about instances of misinformation, providing them with the resources to rebut false claims and to take direct action against offending media institutions."

With all judgments regarding hatred, religion, and patriotism aside, it would seem who is and is not a resident of Nuttersville is truly in the eye of the beholder.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 05:41 am
msolga wrote:
dlowan wrote:
...You have more than 50% sane in the US - most conservatives are not like them!

Of course not, Deb. Goes without saying ... And of course, roverroad was not being deadly serious in that statement, either, I'm sure. Smile Sure the nutters are a minority, but a really scary, ugly minority. It's the combination of religion with hate & patriotism that's really disturbing.

Have you some urls, Msolga? I wouldn't mind a quick look.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 05:43 am
dlowan wrote:
You have more than 50% sane in the US - most conservatives are not like them!

But factoring in the liberals who are like them, the US insanity quotient rises dramatically ... it's most likely something in our drinking water. Thankfully the rest of the world is sane.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 05:57 am
Media Matters is clearly a partisan site, with a partisan objective. Nevertheless I've found their stories to be well-researched and bullshit-free. You are likely right, Whooda, that they are selective in what they choose to report on - but so far I havent found them deceptive in what they report about it. Pretty no-nonsense factual stuff. Counterexamples welcome.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 05:58 am
WhoodaThunk wrote:
msolga wrote:

The Schiavo case is a tragedy in so many ways. Happily, for Terai, it's over.

As for "outrageous political crap online," Fox News certainly qualifies on a regular basis, but the cited source, Media Matters for America, also qualifies in that it arbitrarily determines what is and is not "conservative misinformation" and seems to have an unhealthy fixation with the Fox & Friends program.

MEDIA MATTERS' mission statement:
"Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the UA.SA. media.

Launched in May 2004, Media Matters for America put in place, for the first time, the means to systematically monitor a cross section of print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets for conservative misinformation -- news or commentary that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda -- every day, in real time.

Using the website www.mediamatters.org as the principal vehicle for disseminating research and information, Media Matters posts rapid-response items as well as longer research and analytic reports documenting conservative misinformation throughout the media. Additionally, Media Matters works daily to notify activists, journalists, pundits, and the general public about instances of misinformation, providing them with the resources to rebut false claims and to take direct action against offending media institutions."

With all judgments regarding hatred, religion, and patriotism aside, it would seem who is and is not a resident of Nuttersville is truly in the eye of the beholder.

WhoodaThunk

I am in another country, faraway from the US. I chose the Media Matters link because it was one of the few sites with any coherant information about the subject of this thread. In the process of working through potential links related to the topic here, I sifted through a large number or Google-sourced sites, many of which were totally irrelevant to the topic. A fair number of them were deeply offensive, as I said. And I WAS shocked. Revolting stuff. As I said in my post, this link was the best I could find on a pretty obscure topic. It seemed a rather SANE site after the others. Simple as that.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 06:09 am
dlowan wrote:
Have you some urls, Msolga? I wouldn't mind a quick look.

A Google search on // "carla sauer iyer" schiavo // should get you a good selection ...

nimh wrote:
What brought that point home to me was a simple web search. I mean, with a court order or two or how many more like the ones you and I just quoted, some issues would simply have been done with. One can still easily disagree with the final decision on principle [..] but individual allegations and assertions, at least, should have been resolved for good. But instead they kept on doing the rounds, unrefuted, confirmed and repeated time and again. The web search I did was on "Carla Sauer Iyers" Schiavo. Of the three nurses who spoke up on the family's behalf, Iyers was clearly the least reliable. And the court was quite unambiguous about that. Yet she was trotted out again and again, over a year later, as an important witness who was ignored, "never heard", on a trillion weblogs but also Fox News, without a single mention of how the court had looked at her affadivit and evaluated it to be wholly incredible. Check that Google link and discover how hard it is to actually find any mention of the court's evaluation of her! Page after page after page of right-wing websites that don't - that in fact deny it ever happened. The only other one mixed in for several pages is MediaMatters, which does quote it, but which I didn't want to rely on because it's a clearly partisan site itself, for the other side. I had to browse through to, I dunno, result #50 or something to find a link to the actual court document, or even as much as any news report from this year quoting from it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 06:17 am
Thanks Nimh.
0 Replies