Lash

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2019 07:03 pm
The personal insult against Obama resonated with a lot of people: his existence was besmirched. Obama’s birth belonged to Obama. It was questioned because of his race——and his name.

Warren co-opted others’ births, upbringings, lifestyles, and tried to capitalize on it because of a small fraction of blood.

I don’t think the two are similar.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2019 11:04 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I want to add Eric Holder to my original list of five.

I like Holder.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2019 11:13 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

snood wrote:

I just don't get the popular spin the MSM puts on the DNA controversy with Warren & 45.

So, 45 mocks her and implies she's a fake and liar for two years. Warren finds evidence that her claims to some native ancestry have some basis, and she makes it public.

The way I see it, she sure wasn't gaining any ground by silently taking the abuse. So it seems to me a reasonable response would be to prove her own claims, thereby exposing 45 as just pulling stuff out of his derrière as usual.

But the way it's spinned is that she really flubbed, and 45 scored?
I just don't get that.

Anyone want to take a crack at explaining to me why Warren's showing proof of ancestry was such a bad strategic error?

There is nothing wrong about it, Trump has been calling her a liar and she got pissed. Trump only admires con men and gangsters. He cares not a wit about the folks who get conned.

0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2019 03:09 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

snood wrote:

I want to add Eric Holder to my original list of five.

I like Holder.

I'm afraid much of the white electorate won't be able to forgive Holder for actually saying publicly things like "This country has been cowardly about addressing race." Not that it's not true or anything, just that his speaking about it shows a lack of the kind of "temperament" they will be able to accept in a black presidential candidate.
I hope I'm wrong.
oralloy

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2019 01:15 pm
@snood,
Holder's racism is indeed a problem.

But I think the bigger issue is his opposition to the Second Amendment.

That said, we won't have to worry about a Democrat actually being elected until 2036 (and even then only if they purge their leftists and nominate a moderate). I'm sure Holder will be able to deliver a nice concession speech when Trump is reelected, and that is really all that the Democratic nominee is going to need to do this time around.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2019 03:25 pm
Dianne Feinstein says she'd back Joe Biden in 2020

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dianne-feinstein-says-shed-back-joe-biden-in-2020/ar-BBRLSXd?ocid=UE13DHP
snood

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2019 06:11 pm
@Real Music,

Diane Feinstein's imprimatur carry a lot of weight with you, does it?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2019 07:02 pm
I like Kamala Harris so far... But I could be ok with Warren, Booker or Castro. I'd like to see who other politicians endorse before anything is written in stone.
snood

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2019 06:50 am
@jcboy,
I like her a lot, too. Kinda doubtful enough people can believe a black woman can do the job. But I was wrong when I thought they couldn’t support Obama, so we’ll see.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2019 07:30 am
@snood,
If there is a push to get the voters to the polls and the voters show up, Harris has a good possibility of victory. First having a message which will attract the voters and their attention, thereby gaining the support and subsequent nomination. After that, It may be as simple as a large enough dissatisfaction with the current WH occupant to rally the unbearably lackadaisical voting populace.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2019 07:36 am
Kamala has a recently self-inflicted wound (google: Kamala Tupac weed lie)and a history for attacking poor families with jail time and exorbitant fines when their kids skip school.

It’s eroding her support and will be prominently featured in the election. FYI
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2019 11:27 am
“FYI” implies that something was shared that was not known.

That mess about weed and her music preferences is a fake story being pushed by people who oppose Kamala. Anyone who actually views the Breakfast Club clip that came from know that she was trying to answer questions from two different people, about two different things. One answer to one question was yes she smoked pot in college; the other answer to another simultaneous question was she listens to Tupac and Snoop. It’s a bullshit story.

Her record as CA Attorney General is a legitimate reason for concern - it is concern that I share, and she will have to definitively answer some questions about it for me to support her ultimately.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2019 11:39 am
Plausible.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 06:47 pm
I just heard some rumblings about Biden possibly grooming Stacey Abrams as a running mate. I like the idea.
Lash

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 08:01 pm
@snood,
You feel comfortable with Biden at the top of the ticket??
0 Replies