Should I leave him?

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2018 11:47 am
My boyfriend is in the habit of blocking me whenever we get into an argument on Whatsapp. Normally I always reach out, sometimes even using other people's numbers coz sometimes he blocks my texts and messages too. Fast forward to we've been in a good place lately and were supposed to go on a date last Saturday but unfortunately we got into a drunken argument on WhatsApp,on Friday night. I was drunk he wasn't. He is a very sensitive person who has low self esteem issues. I told him to "Love me but leave me the way he found me" He said this was rude. really guys? How is this a rude statement, please tell me, maybe I'm insensitive? Please tell me how this is rude. So he went offline. I woke up On Saturday and reached out since I didn't want us to meet up later with that bad energy still between us. He was so rude and harsh, insisting that I was rude.. I still tried to calm him down and asked him to meet up and talk about it, that it's a small issue not worth breaking up over. I literally begged him to meet up but he refused. So I accepted it and went offline until Sunday midday. So when I got back on WhatsApp, I found a text that he'd sent on Saturday when I was offline, saying he wanted to meet up. I wondered to myself why he couldn't call me instead on seeing I hadn't received his message. The message I was now reading on Sunday. I was still mad coz I'd begged him for a date and he'd turned me down only to later text me that he indeed wanted to see me. So I didn't reply to that text. Later on o. Sunday, I got On WhatsApp only to find that he'd blocked me. Guys, should I move on from this guy? I honestly need sound advice. Thanks.

najmelliw

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2018 12:01 pm
@Lorna0492,
He is sensitive and has low self esteem issues. And you got into an argument with him while you were drunk, while using WhatsApp. If you KNOW he is sensitive and has low self esteem issues, you really shouldn't do that stuff.

When people talk with one another, body language is involved. It's how you interpret the context in which a remark is made. With WhatsApp that's missing, and that leaves the interpretation of messages send back and forth sometimes wide open.

So odds are he read something the wrong way and got upset about it. Next day you apologize, but he's still pissed off I guess. Then, eventually, he lets it go and accepts your apology. (btw, this is just a hypothetical interpretation of his feelings of course).

And perhaps being blocked on WhatsApp is a good thing, since it seems to me that talking on WhatsApp started this mess. Call him, or better yet, pay him a visit.

I wouldn't move on though, certainly not since I feel that half of the blame can be squarely put on your shoulders.
Lorna0492

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2018 12:10 pm
@najmelliw,
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate.
But you missed the part where I'm always the one who reaches out after an argument... His solution is always to block me for the pettiest of issues. I'm starting to look like a desperate bitch you know? Why you gotta block me every other week dude??
Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2018 12:11 pm
@Lorna0492,
I suggest you stop using Whatsapp and talk to each other in person.
najmelliw

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2018 01:10 pm
@Lorna0492,
Fair enough. But the solution to that is suggested in the post above: stop using WhatsApp to communicate with one another. It's easy to block someone in a virtual environment if you feel temperamental or pissed off, I suppose, but it's much harder to do so in person.

Just my 2 cents. Anyway, good luck with whatever you do
chai2

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2018 01:30 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I suggest you stop using Whatsapp and talk to each other in person.

I suggest they both walk away from what sounds like a really jacked up relationship.
Lorna0492

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2018 01:44 pm
@najmelliw,
Thanks... Smile
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2018 03:29 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
...both walk away...

100% agreed with.
simrangoyal

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2018 01:42 am
@Lorna0492,
Stop whatsapp talk for some days and keep in touch personally, It will work finely
0 Replies

simrangoyal

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 01:13 am
@Lorna0492,
yess
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 02:02 am
@Lorna0492,
Quote:
Why you gotta block me every other week dude??

Maybe because you aggravate him. Leave him alone for a week or two and see what happens. Chances are he will reach out to you.

And the others are right: a watsap message is a poor, inefficient way of expressing one’s feelings. Speak to him in the flesh.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 02:40 am
@Sturgis,
Listen to Sturgis and Chai........they gave you good advice.

0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2019 02:22 pm
@Lorna0492,
Two people, in a relationship, arguing online. (really?)
0 Replies