Ugly sentiments sting American tourists

au1929

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 11:53 am
Ugly sentiments sting American tourists
Would you travel to Europe at this time. And if you did what would you do if confronted with abusive treatment because you were an American. I was very incensed upon reading this article and I know that if was confronted with the situation, in my younger days, I would probably end up in jail
In any event no matter how we feel about Bush and his policies IMO we should not be spending our money to support through tourism people who hate us. Travel America there is much to see.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2003/2003-03-04-overseas.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,268 • Replies: 66
No top replies

steissd

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 12:50 pm
This is the result of massive brainwashing performed by the European media (press, TV, Internet). I think that if American tourists switch their travel routes domestically or to Japan, Europeans will lose lots of revenues, and will think how to treat citizens of the friendly nation.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 03:34 pm
Ah there's always something for people to gripe about.

When I travel abroad, people have trouble identifying where I'm from anyway but if anyone was to berate me or give me a hard time because of where I reside, or where I was born, I'd tell them to kiss my @#$&. Like the saying goes "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones". Aint none of our countries so perfect we can afford to lord it over another!

The problem with America is it has been so over-cautiously P.C. for some time that we cannot stand up straight to kick the other fellas ass when he spits in our face. While I detest war in all its forms, this pussy-footing around makes us all look like the wimp who got sand kicked in his face and is dithering over what to do about it.

If Europeans think Americans are dirt right now, well boo-hoo, too bad! Guaranteed if they are attacked by terrorists, they'll come crying to America to come help them.
0 Replies

Dreamweaver MX

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 04:28 pm
When people hold an opinion you don't like it's always a good idea to call them brainwashed. It shows how reasonable you are and how stupid those who differ from you are.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 04:32 pm
"massive brainwashing"? Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 04:34 pm
European media brainwash people against the USA.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 04:39 pm
We old Europeans are totally brainwashed! No own ideas, no own mind, no own thoughts - just old brainwashed idiots!
0 Replies

Dreamweaver MX

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 04:43 pm
steissd,

I agree completely, you say the people who oppose the war are just idiots who are brainwashed and the righteous few who can't wait to get this war kick started are the only free thinkers.
It's always good to point this out to them, tell them that people who think like you are open minded while the others are brainwashed. Everyone will be impressed with your reason and logic.
0 Replies

Dreamweaver MX

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 04:44 pm
It's also important to point out to them that it's only their media that does the brain washing, your media is just informative and factual, of course.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 04:44 pm
The people that brainwash are Europeans themselves, just as those being brainwashed. They are not idiots, they just consider that European interests differ from the American ones. They do not realize that it is much more difficult for jihad plotters to defeat the Western World when it is united, than when it is divided.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 04:45 pm
Our media is extremely friendly toward the USA, whoever is the President.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 04:48 pm
Brainwashing has nothing to do with it common courtesy has. The next time the Europeans get in a bind and no doubt they will. All this goodness and light of the EU .will no doubt not last. Germany and France and the rest will be at each others throats If they ask for aid we should tell them to pound salt and let them kill each other. Never again should American blood be shed to save Europeans.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 04:50 pm
Well, although it's useless to pose a question, steissd, since you wont accept it, since I'm brainwashed - your criteria re. brainwashing are US-friendly media?
0 Replies

Dreamweaver MX

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 04:51 pm
Yeah, isn't it frustrating that those brainwashed people can't bring themselves to realize the truth? I mean, the whole world think you know everything, why should they ever think differently? They should just all accept what you think as the word of God and give up on forming their own opinions.
Once I heard a really dumb guy say that other people are wrong because they brainwash themselves. There was no chance whatsoever that they were right, the stupid guy thought he owned the truth and everyone else was brainwashed. He was fun because it was so obvious that he was acting retarded and we all had fun poking at his closed mind and laughing at the irony of the guy accusing others of being brainwashed while he used such idiotic arguments.
0 Replies

dyslexia

dreamweaver Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

steissd

Well, maybe they also brainwash, but at least in the positive way.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 04:55 pm
Quote:
Brainwashing,
also called Coercive Persuasion, systematic effort to persuade nonbelievers to accept a certain allegiance, command, or doctrine. A colloquial term, it is more generally applied to any technique designed to manipulate human thought or action against the desire, will, or knowledge of the individual. By controlling the physical and social environment, an attempt is made to destroy loyalties to any unfavourable groups or individuals, to demonstrate to the individual that his attitudes and patterns of thinking are incorrect and must be changed, and to develop loyalty and unquestioning obedience to the ruling party.

The term is most appropriately used in reference to a program of political or religious indoctrination or ideological remolding. The techniques of brainwashing typically involve isolation from former associates and sources of information; an exacting regimen requiring absolute obedience and humility; strong social pressures and rewards for cooperation; physical and psychological punishments for non-cooperation ranging from social ostracism and criticism, deprivation of food, sleep, and social contacts, to bondage and torture; and continual reinforcement.

The nature of brainwashing as it occurred in communist political prisons and some communist armed forces, received widespread attention after the Chinese Communist victory in 1949 and after the Koreanand Vietnamese wars. More recently, its reported use in fringe religious cults and radical political groups has aroused concern in the United States.
©britannica.com 2003
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 05:00 pm
Well, Soviet examples represent ultimate versions of brainwashing. But systematic and repetitive publicizing the same ideas by media may also modify people's mentality.
By the way, the radical political groups are also mentioned in context of the encyclopedic article. I think, this refers to extreme pacifists.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 05:07 pm
You read this where how often, steissd?
0 Replies

ul

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 05:09 pm
European tourists- are they welcome in the States?
Might be better to cancel the family vaccation this year.
0 Replies