The Hillary wants to run in 2020 Thread

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 09:47 am
@maxdancona,
What's a shame is that people believe that.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 09:59 am
There is a more than huge difference between Hillary supporters and Trump supporters. On one side we have persons who believe in rule of law and having a safety net, health care, jobs and infrastructure. Trump is the most reckless, lawless person ever to get so high in American politics within my lifetime. He doesn't give a crap about anything but himself. On the Democratic side, we have been getting bamboozled by many of our favored politicians, but we basically all want the things I ticked off.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 10:08 am
While I can write the above and mean it, I can mean this at the same time
https://ghionjournal.com/in-propaganda-only/
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 11:29 am
@edgarblythe,
Yet, Hillary Clinton is the only person on the face of the planet to have ever lost an election to Donald Trump.

That really should tell you something.
engineer

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 11:52 am
@maxdancona,
You should tell that to Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz and John Kasich and all the other Republicans who apparently didn't loose to Trump. They will appreciate it.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:05 pm
@engineer,
You are right, of course, Engineer. And what an immensely qualified lot they were...
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:20 pm
@engineer,
How many republicans vied for the nomination this past election? What was it, 17 or 19? There were several hopefuls I would have been thrilled to see in office, (I would have grumbled a little) but when you line up all the politicians who were doing their best to appear trustworthy and presidential and then contrast them with that vulgar circus clown....what did they think was going to happen? It was the Donald Trump show all the time. The press at that time were morbidly fascinated by Trumps's antics. Not one news outlet held his feet to the fire because he was so unpredictably predictable.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:36 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
How many republicans vied for the nomination this past election?

Compare that to how many Democrats vied for the nomination.... It wasn't really a primary election (and no, Bernie never really had a chance), it was a shady back room deal.

Trump and Hillary were two horrible candidates who are more alike than people here are willing to admit. They both rile the passions of blind supporters who play to broad stereotypes, denigrate the opposition and refuse to admit any chance that they are wrong.

Sadly one of them had to win.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:40 pm
According to Gallup... even now, after all that has happened, Hillary's approval rating is still lower than Donald Trump's.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 01:07 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Yet, Hillary Clinton is the only person on the face of the planet to have ever lost an election to Donald Trump.

That really should tell you something.

I'm not really here for the chest bumping type of arguments.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 01:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I'm not really here for the chest bumping type of arguments.

This entire thread... which you started.. is a chest bumping argument. I am more than happy to join in (as are many other people apparently). We all seem to love chest bumping. I am not quite sure what your problem is.

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 01:10 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Still waiting for Chelsea to ante up...

I don't know that she has any truly vested interests in politics for her own being. Since she turned 35 (legal age for Presidency), I've wondered a few times.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 01:15 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
There are a lot of people who consistently vote for Democrats who despise Hillary...

Many of them took their votes elsewhere in 2016. Some voted for folks like Stein, others, well, they voted Democrat for everything else and didn't vote for anyone on the Presidential line.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 01:26 pm
I figure we're in the midst of a typical Hillary break. During these times, she babbles that she has no intention or interest in running. Meanwhile, she takes the pulse of the nation and bides her time while plotting on how best to reinvent herself.

One can only hope that the DNC under their "new" leadership doesn't try trading a better future in favor of "her majesty's" desires to rise to the top. In that scenario, they'd once more do all they could to silence anyone who might have a chance at knocking out Trump.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 01:32 pm
@Sturgis,
A lot of us (including me) held our nose and voted for Hillary. I will not do that again.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 06:02 pm
My main object in beginning this thread was to find out if anybody still wants to vote for her. I can't name anybody who does, but I just want to know for sure.
Lash

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 06:11 pm
@farmerman,
There’s all kind of evidence. They just paid off the right people and perfected the gaslight lie.

And somehow co-opted people like you to carry their water.

They are still walking around in public for the same reason there was only one major arrest of Wall Street fraudsters and the off-shore tax evasion scam just sorta went away. People in this country with money and influence are above the law.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 07:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don’t want to in early 2020, but if it’s her or Trump in November I’ll be the first one to cast my vote for her.

That’s not your sole purpose though. You just wanted to see people bitch about Hillary. You’re doing this to hurt the democrats who are left of center in some CRAZY thought process that the way you are going to bear Trump and Republicans is by alienating all people to the right of Bernie or Ocasio-Cortez...that is to say 85% of the country.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2018 08:30 am
Clinton is all but dead. However, it could be another "princess consort" wanting to run in 2020: Michelle Obama. And it won't work either.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2018 08:50 am
@Olivier5,
Michelle said in an interview yesterday that she hates politics and will never run.