Serious Question

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:53 pm
I am 27 years old. I am not pregnant. I have not gained weight (maybe 2-3 lbs but nothing serious). The issue? My breasts seem to be getting bigger! Again. This is the second time in 2 years that I have had this happen. Around 25, I went up almost a full cup size. Now, it seems to be happening again. I feel like a teenager; sore and really wondering what the hell is going on!

Anyone else have this happen to them? Or am I alone? They are visually getting bigger. Yes, my husband is in heaven but I am wondering if this is normal and why it would happen at this age.

Thanks for your advice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 983 • Replies: 12
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:55 pm
Well, you just started that new birth control pill, right? Estrostep? The hormones make your body think it's pregnant, and when you're pregnant your boobs get bigger. So could be the pill...?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:56 pm
Could be but what would have explained the sudden growth 2 years ago? I mean, the end result isn't bad but it's frustrating.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:57 pm
Here we go:

Quote:
What are the common side effects of this medicine?

Headache. Mild pain medicine may help.

Belly pain and cramps.

Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard candy, or chewing gum may help.

Breast enlargement/tenderness and/or water weight gain.

Vaginal bleeding (breakthrough bleeding, spotting) may occur.

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/ConsDrugs/EthinylEstradiolandNorethindronecd.html
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:59 pm
I don't believe you.

Before and after pictures are in order.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 04:00 pm
wow. I do not remember reading that in the insert.....So is it permanent? Should I invest in new bras? I don't want to spend $120 on new bras to find out a month later, they've deflated....
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 04:04 pm
They'll probably continue to be this size as long as you're on the pills. I'd probably wait a bit to make sure you've reached you new size before spending a lot of money on new bras. Could you use a jogbra in the meantime?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 04:06 pm
J_B wrote:
They'll probably continue to be this size as long as you're on the pills. I'd probably wait a bit to make sure you've reached you new size before spending a lot of money on new bras. Could you use a jogbra in the meantime?

The problem is, I thought I'd reached my new size and I just went out and bought new bras a few months ago because I finally came to the conclusion my last growth spurt was permenant (and my bras were getting really uncomfortable). I don't want the same thing to happen again, which is why I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else. <<sigh>>
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 04:23 pm
I have to agree with slappy.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 07:22 pm
We're waiting.

But seriously, even I knew the pill makes boobs get bigger. Na na na na na na. Big dumb boobie head.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 08:04 am
I've been on the pill since I was 17 and this is the first time this has happened. So there. Doodie head.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 08:06 am
Bella Dea wrote:
I've been on the pill since I was 17

I'm tellin your mom, missy!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 08:07 am
J_B wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
I've been on the pill since I was 17