Sneezing - Allergies? - Ionic Devices?

gollum

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 09:27 am
I sneeze somewhat frequently without a cold. I have seen ionic air purifiers advertised that claim to address this problem.

Are they effective for this use? Is there a better way?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 627 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 03:54 pm
You may have a dust mite allergy (like me!!) In which case the best thing is to get some static wipes - they're kinda like regular dusters but they're static so they pick up dust VERY effectively and help to combat dust mites
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 03:58 pm
I've got an ion machine in the bedroom. Doesn't have any effect on my allergies.

Wasn't there just a big court case on these things?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 05:25 pm
we bought one, big POS. WEhave the fan kind with the HEPA filters. Those at least move the air around.
I made a comment about the ion filters over on kicky's say something untrue Thread.
eh beth-Ill have to look cause we bought one for usand my wifes mom.Maybe I can at least get some money back. I am such a sucker for this kind of junk.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 08:17 pm
Consumer's Union (Consumer Reports) announced they had just won the lawsuit brought by Sharper Image. Or maybe, the announcement was just Sharper Image withdrawing the suit. Seems Consumer Reports reported no significant reduction in airborn particles.

Too bad. I have three ionic air purifiers, though mine have fans (unlike the Sharper Image product). I smoke, and the collecter elements become absolutely filthy, but that doesn't address the question of how much contaminate remains in the air.

I had a couple with HEPA filters, but again, I don't know what percentage of particles they removed from the room. I do know I got tired of buying filters.
0 Replies