Robert Allen Zimmerman aka BOB DYLAN

Mathos

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 02:50 pm
Piffka, those words, they are remarkable, (as most of Zimmermans lyrics are), I really need to download the song, I shall check on 'Warez' later.Thank you sincerely Sir. Actually I never knew Jackson's christian name, he was simply 'Jackson' no doubt my accountants and solicitors will have the relevant information, I will check with them to-morrow and advise you at the earliest opportunity. I have asked staff presently in work to-day, who are thin on the ground due to these wretched Bank Holidays, but those present only knew him as Jackson. It would be interesting if his name was George. Blueveinthrobber, you are indeed a scholar, an erudite in splendour. Thank you so much for the care and considerations you are expressing towards our friend Agrote, I was concerned by his pattern of behaviour from the start. His initial greeting to me as a novice caused me to slump back in my chair and gasp with utter confusion. I am delighted at your inclusion of The Lord and must reiterate accordingly "Glory Hallelujah ! " Letty, I do not mind at all. I am thankful to mother nature that so far, there is no sign of a Tsunami
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:04 pm
Mathos wrote:
Quote:
Cyracuz :- The only name he had bestowed upon himself is Zimmerman, there are no known records available to support Zimmerman ever having his name changed by deed poll for example. I would consider it highly unlikely that you my friend walk into your local (assuming there are such wonderful places in Norway) and get greeted with 'Hello Cyracuz'.

Curious wording. "No known records". How about all the ones you listed in the opening post? They all say Bob Dylan, ergo it is safe to conclude that that is the name he wants to be called by. To do otherwise is to offend. Strange that you believe some governmental record of names to be more real than the man himself.

No, my friends outside the internet do not call me Cyracuz. They call me by my christian name. But I expect the ones that know me as Cyracuz to call me by that name, even if they sould happen to know any other names I might have.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:07 pm
No one ever called Cary Grant Archie Leach, although that was his "real" name!
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:35 pm
Cyracuz, there is always the possibility that a deed-poll may not have been filed, I have not ruled the possibility out. However, until I hear Mr Zimmerman ask me to call him Bob Dylan, I shall refer to him in the legitimate title . I see the name Dylan, it does not say Dillon, Di-lan. So is he having sport? Cyracuz, do they have 'locals' in Norway? You do have a fixation about this name, I am wondering as to why?
Phoenix of The Chao Phraya ? I bet you a dime they did until he changed it !
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:46 pm
Mathos- And what is YOUR legitimate title, so I may address you properly?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:47 pm
Mathos, now you just sound like you're off your meds.

Quote:
You do have a fixation about this name, I am wondering as to why?

What fixation, what name? You're wondering all right.

Are you familiar with Sting? How about Elton John? Artistnames both of them. What do you call those people?

And even if Bod did indeed insist that you call him Zimmerman, don't you think he'd have called himself that on his records?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:49 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Mathos- And what is YOUR legitimate title, so I may address you properly?

best thing I've read all day

<snort>

Yer a champeen, Miss Phoenix. Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 04:31 pm
I've been thinking our new member Mathos may be a cousin of our delightful Lord Ellpus.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 04:34 pm
What if the good lord Elipus was schizoid and had a split personality?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 05:09 pm
Wouldn't that be swell?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 05:37 pm
Isn't Ellpus already a split?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 05:50 pm
Are you saying he's bananas?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 05:50 pm
err, not in public, I'm not
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 06:37 pm
Dylan thread make agrote confusey-head.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 02:11 pm
Good evening. Phoenix, Dear Lady of The Chaoa Prayah, My legitimate title and you may use it with pleasure, how could I refuse you. BARON.
I would be willing to wager the sum of 10pence with you that Archie Leach was addressed in this particular frame for many years, until he adopted his film alias. Lets face it dear lady, would Doris Day have wanted to star with Archie Leach? Cyracuz, settled down after last evening's tantrums have we dear boy? Your health will not benefit by such ludicrous loss of self control, it may be advantageous to your general well being to consider Buddhism. With regards to 'Sting' I look at him, smile and simply say, " Save your hair, you fool, forget about the rainforest, leave that to 'Greenpeace.' And the latter, whenever I see him, I laugh, laugh, and then laugh some more. Did you witness the tantrum he threw at the airport in The Far East. A classic, I adore him!
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 02:17 pm
Hello Piffka. The late 'Jackson' advised earlier to-day his christian name was Albert, pity.
Ossobuco, Lord Ellpus, I do not know of him. I have checked Who's Who, he is not listed, I rather suspect this could be an imposter, rather like Zimmerman. I may add, that the Title had it been authentic may well have been purchased for a pricely sum, this is an annoying factor we have to put up with. Drama Queens, all of them.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 02:21 pm
Princely....please
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 02:26 pm
Mathos wrote:
Lord Ellpus, I do not know of him. I have checked Who's Who, he is not listed, .

Perhaps you should have better looked in "Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage" (the 107th edition is the latest)?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 02:34 pm
Point taken Panzade, caused me to chuckle, I stand corrected, Sir/Madam?. Agrote, take notice of Blueveinthrobber, I rather suspect counselling from this bold intrepid character could be of immense value to your psyche, corporeal and mental well-being. I am concerned, both for yourself and Cyracuz, I never expected such reactions from Philosophers ! Tis an eerie situation we experience.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 02:52 pm
Walter, The Celt from Jutland? outstanding observation old chap. However, Who's Who is accurate in it's postings, had there been mention of the previously named imposter ? I would have taken further leave from Burke's accordingly.
May I enquire Sir, what exactly are you photographing?
0 Replies