Robert Allen Zimmerman aka BOB DYLAN

Mathos

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:15 pm
Letty wrote:
Have we done "Mr. BoJangles yet", or "Lay Lady Lay"? I've forgotten.

Luscious Lips Letty,
When your talking I can recall nothing earlier, and Lay Lady Lay, has to be
a knee trembler coming from your Luscious Lips, let it go 'baby'
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:47 pm
This one I can hear in my mind:

Lay, lady, lay, lay across my big brass bed
Whatever colors you have in your mind
I'll show them to you and you'll see them shine

Stay, lady, stay, stay with your man awhile
Until the break of day, let me see you make him smile
His clothes are dirty but his hands are clean
And you're the best thing that he's ever seen

Stay, lady, stay, stay with your man awhile
Why wait any longer for the world to begin
You can have your cake and eat it too
Why wait any longer for the one you love
When he's standing in front of you

Stay, lady, stay, stay while the night is still ahead
I long to see you in the morning light
I long to reach for you in the night
Stay, lady, stay, stay while the night is still ahead
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:51 pm
Extremely voluptuous words Luscious Lips Letty.

Thank you x :wink:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 04:49 pm
Well, Mathos, Life is a cabaret old chum. Very Happy
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 02:52 pm
It is indeed, 'Luscious Lips letty' come taste the wine.

Well, my road might be rocky,
The stones might cut my face.
My road it might be rocky,
The stones might cut my face.
But as some folks ain't got no road at all,
They gotta stand in the same old place.
Hey, hey, so I guess I'm doing fine.

Zimmerman.

Hey, Luscious Lips Letty,
How loud do you sing?

The bells on your chalice,
go, ding a ling ling,

But we here are lucky,
That it be only a smile

Imagine a lifetime
As long as The Nile.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 07:35 am
I enjoyed a couple of pints in the local at lunch time. Once again the values of 'good pub chat' was apparent. It appears an important drama which featured the acting debut of a young Zimmerman has disappeared from the BBC archives.
Now Zimmerman fans, ye collectors of memorabilia, producers on Arena the corporations flagship arts programme, hope that one of the star's huge army of fans will have a copy of "The Madhouse on Castle Street"
The same had only been aired once in 1963. Apparently it features Zimmermans first televised performance of 'Blowin' in the Wind'
Arena wants to include the film in a series to celebrate Zimmerman's life and work. It could be a windfall for somebody.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:37 pm
Another hilarious irony is that of late, Dylan has taken on some rather bizarre affectations in his performances and dress. 1930s Route 66 troubadour and all...not to mention a sort of parody of himself...almost tongue in cheek when you see it...

Like a Rolling Stone, to be sure.

Not unlike many of us here on A2K. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:41 pm
Mathos wrote:
extra medium wrote:
Mathos wrote:
Lennon was working on it EM-

Mark Chapman wasted him. Did you never wonder why?

Point, Mathos.

We don't crucify rebel spiritual leaders these days, we assassinate them for the most part (some are crucified in the media)--but most are assassinated:

John Lennon, Gandhi, Martin Luther King...

Why you ask? I think its something in the human pysche. We like to kill the savior.

Why do you think Chapman killed him? Fear of a breakthrough?

Didn't he leave Honolulu/Hawaii with his gun, cross the mainland, with his gun, find Lennon, shoot him dead with his gun outside the Dakota building, whilst carrying a copy of Holden Caulfield's 'Catcher In The Rye?

Maybe the powers that be thought John was diverting some of his cash to a movement. A movement that was not appreciated by themselves.

Mathos wrote:
LionTamerX wrote:
Mathos wrote:

Do you know who shot JFK?

Kennedy wasn't shot...his head just exploded.

Mystery solved.

Well you would say that from the Dallas sash window, overlooking the motorcade.

Is that a Russian rifle?

Well Deep Throat was revealed. Things happen in 3s, here's #2 for now:

Something is rotten in Denmark...er Britain.

You know all of this detail about fairly arcane modern American Pop History, and you claim on another thread to never have heard of Bob Dylan?

I call bullshyte, sir!

Not possible. You know all this about the intricacies of Holden Caulfield's 'Catcher In The Rye?, Lennon and where he lived, Chapman and assassination? And yet you've never heard of Bob Dylan? No frigging way. You are putting everyone on. Nice try. Some of us are not quite that dense...

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Its been nice knowing you, you invented character.

And I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash--Its a gas, gas, gas.

Please to meet you, won't you guess my name?

The Emperor Is Wearing No Clothes, Indeed

Adieu, Sir, Goodbye

Your socks and underwear are showing. Goodbye! Twisted Evil

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1373748#1373748

Mathos wrote:
The gardener passed away recently which was a nuisance at this time of year especially. However, life must go on. He had no known next of kin and I passed his details onto my legal advisers to issue the procedural newspaper advertisements which will undoubtedly result in un-warranted intrusion onto my estate. It was necessary to supervise the emptying of his accommodation cottage set in a pleasant glade some six hundred yards to the west of The Gate Lodge which accommodates the caretaker and his partner who secures a reasonable level of benefits acting as my gamekeeper.
Mrs Ellis my senior housekeeper located amongst the clutter of empty Park Drive packets, half completed puzzle books, empty cider bottles and various tools of the trade which should have been stored in the grounds maintenance building, a selection of Bob Dylan records which I decided to have sent up to the house. They were the only articles in the place which were deemed reasonable in not being liner bagged and stored in the timber shed which stands alone by the cottage. Some of the titles found amongst this collection appealed to my inquisitive nature.
Positively 4th Street
Masters Of War
Its all over now baby blue
Standing on the highway
Talking bear mountain picnic massacre blues
Like a rolling stone
The times they are a changing
I'll be your baby tonight
Highway 61 revisited.

I played a selection of this music and experienced great difficulty in actually being able to understand the lyrics, it appeared the vocalist Dylan, if you wish to refer to him in that name was attempting to put a message across. I checked him out in my universal dictionary and apart from telling me he was using an alias from his original title of Robert Allen Zimmerman born in USA. He is referred to as a singer and songwriter. His protest songs with their plaintive surrealism made him a notable figure in music industry in the mid 1960'sa. Can any of you philosophers enlighten me regarding this character, who has stirred my interests ?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:53 pm
/to be forthcoming
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:53 pm
tcis,

Calm down 'Dear Boy' your going to put so much pressure on your heart !.

I quite enjoyed the trip around town, however, the front door would be a good start.

What is your problem?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:57 pm
The whiff of Mongolian barbeque becomes stronger each day.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:58 pm
Had the breasts pierced and adorned yet ehBeth?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 03:03 pm
Cool
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 03:17 pm
ehBeth wrote:
The whiff of Mongolian barbeque becomes stronger each day.

Indeed! :wink:
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 03:22 pm
If you intend letting :Lola take a snap or two, let me have a private viewing. xx
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:00 pm
Perhaps someone already put a pointer to this older Bob Dylan Thread in the Music Forum:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3431
0 Replies

drowler

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 03:27 pm
Shoot, Iwuz real tickled when Billys car set fire. it wuz burnin better than a tun o coal in hell. Wayne sez he told im there wus a gas leak 'n he sais Billy cud 've bin blown over St Louis arch if'n he hadn't jumped out when he did. He lost som hanoi bob tapes two.
So I cudn't talk to ye all on ere for sum time. We ll it wez hot t'day two. We bin swimmin and had some buds down at the creek shoot it wus fun.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 03:38 pm
Drowler, do you operate on these threads under a different title? If so, please enlighten us. You may be Spendius himself, but I rather think your Queenie
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 03:05 pm
This has been the oddest day, Mathos. I found this bit of news quite by accident:

Bootlegs 2 hours, 45 minutes ago

SEATTLE - Bob Dylan made his mark playing in one cafe. Soon, he'll be in thousands.

Starbucks Coffee Co. has reached a deal to produce and exclusively release a CD of 10 Dylan recordings from New York's Gaslight Cafe in 1962, when he was just finding himself as a songwriter. The Gaslight, in Greenwich Village, was a focal point of the folk revival in the early '60s.

"Bob Dylan: Live at the Gaslight 1962" will be available at Starbucks stores in the United States and Canada on Aug. 30. It includes the earliest known recordings of "A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall" and "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right," as well as folk standards "Barbara Allen" and "The Cuckoo."

Fans have circulated bootlegs of Dylan's Gaslight performances over the years, but these are the first to be professionally produced and remastered, Starbucks said Tuesday.

The CD's release will coincide with the release of director Martin Scorsese's feature-length film about Dylan, "No Direction Home." Starbucks will also sell the two-CD soundtrack for the movie, though the soundtrack will be available through other stores.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 03:13 pm
Sounds like great news that.Thanks.

Can't wait to see the Scorcese.

Those '62 renditions don't compare to more modern ones.He was only a kid.
I saw him do Barbara Allen in a big tent not so long back and it blew me away.
0 Replies