OCCOM FOOLISHNESS Strikes again! New Restaurant opening soon

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:42 am
Thanks for the update. Flat two doors down sounds promising!
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 09:00 am
I hope that others have followed the link you provided for the Washington House Inn. OMG. That place is breathtakingly beautiful. I am sort of smitten with This One. And for a lengthy stay This One.

Purple and Gold mulch! I love it! I'm sure it does capture the eye. Once inside, the food and hospitality, takes care of the rest. Smile

You seem to be doing an amazing job. Though that does not surprise me at all. I think you are the sort of person that embraces all things with the assertion of a positive attitude, and the willingness to give it your "all." Great attributes for success in whatever tis applied to.

I am so looking forward to seeing you - and the restaurant - and all of Cedarburg, when you get a little more settled in. And I get a little more past the busy season at work. Very Happy Is already in the planning stage though. :wink:

Bill http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/hug.gif
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 04:54 pm
sozobe wrote:
Thanks for the update. Flat two doors down sounds promising!
Indeed! 1200 square feet plus a very large attic since it's in another of these old victorians. Not to modern Shocked , but there's no way to turn down the location. Smile

justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
Purple and Gold mulch! I love it! I'm sure it does capture the eye. Once inside, the food and hospitality, takes care of the rest. Smile
I don't know if these will show the purpleness because it's a crappy day today, but here goes.
http://img158.echo.cx/img158/79/cedarburg30409gb.th.jpghttp://img158.echo.cx/img158/1678/cedarburg30424ka.th.jpghttp://img158.echo.cx/img158/3702/cedarburg30463bb.th.jpg

You seem to be doing an amazing job.
My partner deserves the credit. Not only is his food the bomb, he's a stronger landscaper, too. Embarrassed

I am so looking forward to seeing you - and the restaurant - and all of Cedarburg, when you get a little more settled in. And I get a little more past the busy season at work. Very Happy Is already in the planning stage though. :wink:
I am so looking forward to it too. Boy, I must have done something right somewhere along the line to be so lucky. Smile Okay, back to work.

Brooklyn http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/hug.gif
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:22 pm
Great pics, Bill! Very Happy Very Happy The mulch is awesome and shows up great in your photo's.

*loves it when you post pics* Very Happy

Sorry about the rain you are getting. I think it's heading for Ohio. Started getting pretty cloudy out this afternoon with a strong wind and cool temps. Sad

Great day to cuddle. :wink: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/hug.gif
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:37 pm
The gold's understandable, but purple? Are you trying to get Minnesotans?
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 08:51 pm
sozobe wrote:

Laughing Ohhhhhhhh that might not be a bad idea. What a better way to soothe a Viking after being squashed by the Packers, than to feed em' the best darn food in the land. Then take their money before they head out the door. Laughing

I would imagine the purple was to catch the eye. But the symbolism of the two colors, are so fitting. You have purple which is indicitive of the highest of ideals. Surrounded by Gold - which is symbolic of integrity. Very Happy I like it!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 12:43 pm
Laughing Good answer Brooklyn!
sozobe wrote:
PRO BARK has Green and Gold available as a matter of fact, but it wouldn't have matched the house. The landscapers and earth-tone-fundamentalists (you know who you are) don't approve but when I look out my dining room window I can watch it grab every third passersby's attention... mission accomplished. Smile Sis thinks it's an unspeakable evil... but likes the marketing angle (as long as it isn't within 50 miles of her property. :wink: )

Sorry about the rain you are getting. I think it's heading for Ohio. Started getting pretty cloudy out this afternoon with a strong wind and cool temps. Sad

Great day to cuddle. :wink: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/hug.gif
Don't sweat the cold, darlin, I'll hook us up a cozy table by the fireplace. :wink:
http://img179.echo.cx/img179/6752/cedarburg30376er.th.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 12:57 pm
Heh, sis! I didn't think of that aspect (what sis is likely to think of it... hee hee hee!)

It does match.

It gets attention.

Hope it works!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:00 pm
One day, well all have a a2k meeting at Bill's place (which
by then is hopefully Brooke & Bill's place) Very Happy

Did you show us the menue somewhere Bill?
In case someone wants take out already.....
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 10:16 pm
CalamityJane wrote:

Very Happy *smiles with a little bit of a blush on her cheeks* Embarrassed Brooke and Bills place does have a catchy ring to it.

And Bill ..... I love the fireplace! Can almost feel it now. That is one awesome restaurant.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:27 am
sozobe wrote:
Hope it works!
It's definitely getting attention. Smile

CalamityJane wrote:
Catchy name... but I don't think my partner (let alone his wife) would approve. :smile: (Sorry darling, we'll have to keep shopping around for B&B's B&B :wink:)

CalamityJane wrote:
Did you show us the menue somewhere Bill?
Nope, it's not finished yet. Soon, I promise.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 06:13 pm
Looks awesome, man! Very nice, indeed. Now could you bring us the menue, please? I wanna know what you'll be serving us!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 06:44 pm
Are you going to have WiFi? you should get a live webcam going.......
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:38 pm
Anything you want Big D. As long as you don't mind that it's a non-smoking restaurant. :wink:

I have WiFi now husker, but I don't think my customers would appreciate a webcam. You guys probably would though because the flight of stairs between the kitchen and most of our seats keep our servers in tip-top condition. :wink:

The holiday was excellent for business, but pretty rough on us. We did a mothers day buffet as well as dinner service... and it warmed up to 75 degrees for the occasion. Went very well. I did sneak a couple hours of sleep in between Saturday night and Sunday set up at the Washington House. Brooklyn, that place is as nice as it looks, and even the lesser rooms come with a whirlpool tub (that 5 minutes was worth the price of admission). I think I'll sleep a little tonight. Good night.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:34 pm
Do you only serve luke warm meals, Bill?

Oops - misread that:

OCCOM BILL wrote:
We did a mothers day buffet as well as dinner service... and it warmed up to 75 degrees for the occasion.

You didn't warm up the food to 75° but that's the weather Laughing

Everything really sounds wonderfull - besides, perhaps, that you should take a bit more care to your health! (= try to get more sleep, rest etc!!!)
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 07:54 pm
You spent a night at the Washington House - awesome! Very Happy But you only spent 5 minutes in the whirlpool tub? I would have kept you in there longer than that. Cool

Even though you are working so hard, Bill.......you seem to be in your element. Smile I hope things smooth out for you in time and these long hours calm down some. Take care of your body - or I'm gonna have to come over there and do it for you. :wink:
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 05:40 pm
It's sad, but I look at this thread every day.

Go bill...

'

Joe(can I order Please??)Nation
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 12:08 am
Boy, I sure hope not Walter! :wink:

You spent a night at the Washington House - awesome! Very Happy But you only spent 5 minutes in the whirlpool tub? I would have kept you in there longer than that. Cool
Closes eyes and enjoys the view for a moment. :wink:

Even though you are working so hard, Bill.......you seem to be in your element. Smile I hope things smooth out for you in time and these long hours calm down some. Take care of your body - or I'm gonna have to come over there and do it for you. :wink:
Very Happy Darlin, I traverse 3 floors dozens of times daily so my heart is ready to rock... and I've done more manual labor in the last month than in the previous decade... but somehow I've still managed to gain 10 pounds. Now, of course, I'd like to consider that mostly extra muscle... but my partner says if you listen real close; you can hear Bill get fatter. Shocked Cool I'm thinking I like the way you think. :wink:

Joe Nation wrote:
It's sad, but I look at this thread every day.

Go bill...

'

Joe(can I order Please??)Nation
No shame there Joe... and it's not as hard as it seems (easy for me to say; my parner/chef is the bomb). There's a gazillion hands out, but seemingly a like number of hungry mouths to feed. We've only had to come "out of pocket" for improvement's thus far... tua, tua, tua (fake spitting over my shoulder, while knocking on wood :wink: ). This little town of about 10,000 rules! We do as much locally as possible, and holy smokes do the locals respond. The warmth is intoxicating and I sometimes wonder how (or why) I ever swam with the sharks in the city (not to be confused with the super-metropolis-on-steroids you call home Shocked ). My next door neighbor (bar & grill) has the coolest bar around, and might be the coolest guy around. If the Japanese really believe fundementally that business is war; they'd be blown sideways by the way the local businesses here pull for each other. I'd be ashamed not to use the local hardware store, coffee roastery or beautitian, etc., and frankly... I don't think I could do better. The hardware store dropped off a wheelbarrow and pitchforks for the landscaping and didn't pick them up for a week after the rental period was up (Zero fear of theft Smile) and charged nothing for fabricating a ceiling fan to fit the hallway. My beautician has already become a customer and the coffee roastery sells me some of the very best coffee I've ever had (outside of Costa Rica)(Damn tough to beat, that).

Yikes, I'm babbling. Could be do, in part, to the fact that practically every day a different wine broker comes in and forces me (way against my will) to try various awsome wines. Can't lie; I love it. I'm currently enjoying a glass of Freemark Abbey 2000 Cabernet Savignon from Napa that is surprisingly, uncommonly good for the price and wishing I could share a glass with so many of you. I bought 8 cases and fear I'll feel stupid for not buying more. My gut tells me this one's going to go over great... but what the hell does my gut know? Vee will see.

I've hated our bar stools from the get go... can't remember if I posted Photos of our tiny lil bar area...
http://img236.echo.cx/img236/6018/cedarburg40309to.th.jpg
Anyway, I found some that I thought were to die for (and mind you; I'm not blessed with the queer eye) at Sam's Club... yes... Sam's club. Shocked

http://img27.echo.cx/img27/6046/cedarburg40335tw.th.jpghttp://img27.echo.cx/img27/2587/cedarburg40364ki.th.jpg I sure wasn't thinking wood and/or leather would be too affordable right now, but the price of this set was astoundingly low... try $138 per... and that is hand tooled leather. Shocked Am I mad, or is that really cheap for such a thing? I have some awsome cab's by the glass (for now) so come in and tell me what you really think...

More to tell, but I'm falling out just now. Take care all (Brooklyn, no worries... I got you covered if you aren't prepared for that last instruction. :wink:
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:40 am
I just read through the whole thread. Very impressive, Bill!

The new bar stools are great. Big improvement.

Now we will have to go to up north, too, when we are visiting the US the next time... Oh well! It seems to be worth it!
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 07:07 pm
Mmmmmmmm.......I would love a glass of wine, actually. :wink:

Bill, your bar stools are awesome! awesome! awesome!! An actual bar stool that looks comfy to sit down on.

You have GREAT taste! Smile
0 Replies