kickycan

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:17 am
Oooh, yeah, I said that! I said the scary bad word...SWEEP!!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:20 am
So when a mediocre team wins the championship, what will that make the rest of the teams?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:30 am
the long rest should help shaq get back on the court...
0 Replies

Omar de Fati

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 03:15 pm
kickycan wrote:
Who counted them out? I just think they are mediocre, as they are. One good game ain't gonna change that. Miami will most likely sweep them.

You've already demostrated you have no 'basketball sense'. We can safely discount any prediction you make about the sport.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:50 pm
Omar of Fati, The Pistons are too inconsistent to beat The Heat. Too inconsistent indeed.
0 Replies

Ed Isabella

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 08:22 pm
And they suck! ;-)
Nah, the Pistons stand a chance... If Shaq dies, Wade gets hit by a truck and Haslem loses his arms.
0 Replies

Omar de Fati

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 12:30 am
Child of the Light wrote:
Omar of Fati, The Pistons are too inconsistent to beat The Heat. Too inconsistent indeed.

Interesting. Detroit beat Miami twice during the regular season, once without Ben Wallace. Of course, having called the Pistons "inconsistent", what do you know?
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 12:46 am
I don't think the Pistons are inconsistent at all. They lose when they take the night off and DEMOLISH the poor saps they're playing when they give it their all.

This is a team that has come back from a 3-1 defecit, a 3-2 defecit, and rolled a unanimous favorite 4 games to 1, all in the past three playoff years. When it counts, they're tough as nails - that's what you chumps don't seem to want to admit to.

Yeah, they can look very average when they're playing at 80% intensity. But admit you're basing your punk ass predictions (sweep my ass) on those games and not on those games where there's truly something to play for.

As for the Heat, I'll admit I thought the Nets would give them a better fight, but the Wizards are a joke. I'd watch my cockiness if I were you. I'm coincidentally reminded of a playoff-undefeated Lakers team that got (eh-hem) swept by the Pistons in '89: Kareem, Magic, Worthy and all.

But hell, all of this fodder means nothing. Like I said a dozen pages ago, I have no problem with everyone thinking the Pistons are an underdog. They're probably the most underrated defending champs in sports history, and I have a feeling they're going to make you punks feel pretty stupid in a couple weeks.

Just my opinion of course.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 06:53 am
Mine too Nietzsche.

It was tough to get past the "Bad Boys 2" thing but I think that this team has found a place in Detroit basketball history. All by themselves. Smile
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 07:54 am
The significance of a 5TH! game thrashing of the Pacers has not escaped me.
A Pistons-Heat series will be exciting and I'll be rooting for the Heat.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 06:16 pm
Nietzsche wrote:
I don't think the Pistons are inconsistent at all. They lose when they take the night off and DEMOLISH the poor saps they're playing when they give it their all.

Yeah, they can look very average when they're playing at 80% intensity. But admit you're basing your punk ass predictions (sweep my ass) on those games and not on those games where there's truly something to play for.

Yeah, they play like **** sometimes, and then turn it on. Not at all consistent though huh? They will not be able to give 2 game away to The Heat.

Basketball is a game of matchups and steadiness. Last year The Pistons were a matchup from hell. They could hit you in the mouth and then bring in speedy Mike James, and perimeter big man threat Okur. They replaced those 2 players with lesser parts. Arroyo was ran out of Utah, and can't decide whether he wants to play or not, and McDyess has lost nearly all his ability.

They are just not as good as they were last year...Simple.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 06:38 am
I was sad to see Reggie Miller play his last game. The guy was a great clutch shooter.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:43 pm
panzade wrote:
I was sad to see Reggie Miller play his last game. The guy was a great clutch shooter.

Me too, one of my favorite NBA playoffs in the 5 or 6 years was the one that ended up with Pacers vs. Lakers in Finals. Reggie is physically ugly, but he shoots basketballs well.

He also has one of my favorite basketball moments ever too. 8 points in 8.9 seconds. Amazing.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 07:52 am
Heehee...you guys are killing me.

By the way, anyone see the amazing show that Steve Nash has been putting on lately? That boy can play! Holy ****, I haven't seen a white guy put on a show like that since Larry Bird!

But unfortunately, the Spurs play defense, unlike Dallas, and they have a real coach, unlike Dallas. I'd really like to see Phoenix beat them, just because the Spurs are horribly boring to watch, in my opinion, but I think the Spurs are going to take that series.

What do you guys think?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 09:55 am
kickycan wrote:
Heehee...you guys are killing me.

By the way, anyone see the amazing show that Steve Nash has been putting on lately? That boy can play! Holy ****, I haven't seen a white guy put on a show like that since Larry Bird!

But unfortunately, the Spurs play defense, unlike Dallas, and they have a real coach, unlike Dallas. I'd really like to see Phoenix beat them, just because the Spurs are horribly boring to watch, in my opinion, but I think the Spurs are going to take that series.

What do you guys think?

San Antone will have trouble with Phenoix. Shawn Marion is such a matchup problem. Dirk couldn't gaurd him because he is too slow, and Finley couldn't gaurd him because he is too small. Similar problem will arise with Ginobli and Duncan. The killer matchup would be Duncan and Stoudemire, but I doubt they will gaurd each other. Most likely we'll get a Nazr Muhammad/Stoudemire and Stephen Hunter/Duncan show. Which sucks.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 11:55 pm
My hopes have come true.

Top two teams in each conference facing each other for the Conference title.

Quote:
By the way, anyone see the amazing show that Steve Nash has been putting on lately? That boy can play!

Yeah, triple double in game 5, and one rebound away from it last night. 48 points in game 4... In game 4, Dallas tried to prevent his teammate from getting the ball from him, so he had to score points, and he showed them he can be consistent. Nash won the MVP rightly, no question about it.

Quote:

What do you guys think?

Phoenix better get Richardson and Stoudemire and back in their rhythm. Last game they tried to get Richardson going; they were looking for him to make a three in the game. I think that San Antonio is a good team, but if they can't run like Phoenix it might be a problem. Did you see how Dallas was fatigued in the last quarter?

Anyways, Johnson will be back. Duncan has to be consistent and Ginobli better be having a great night if they want to win. They're defensive, so they might take the series, but Phoenix I think can defend as well, it's just that they like to score fast and they had too much turnovers. I want Phoenix to win.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:05 am
So do I. It's funny, when Nash was in Dallas I never thought he was anything spectacular.

I was obvioulsy wrong. He is. I'd love to see them kick the Spurs out of it and play Miami for the title. That would be a cool finals.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:18 am
There's a website tracking the NBA playoffs everyday. It's here and it happens to be written by a handsome liberian i met once or twice (twice).
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:21 am
Handsome Liberian? I'm not interested, but I bet Omar is going to be all over that ****...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:22 am
whoever wants can be all over the website. to be all over the liberian, well, leave that to me.
0 Replies