Does anyone believe both Dr. Ford and Juanita Broaddrick?

najmelliw

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 07:03 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I don't believe Ford. I'm not sure about Broaddrick. Clinton is a pig but a violent rapist?

If Ford wasn't legit, I sure hope she got paid millions of dollars for what she put herself through. And I highly doubt the derision and ire cast her way will lessen up now that Kavanaugh is through. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if someone were to find her dead one of these days: the one thing that has consistently managed to shock me throughout this entire trial is the hate that she had to endure. I wonder if someone made a tally of the death threats she received.
Finn dAbuzz
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 04:21 pm
@najmelliw,
People are motivated by many more things than money.

Ideology has been a major motivator throughout history
najmelliw

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 05:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

People are motivated by many more things than money.

Ideology has been a major motivator throughout history

Very true. But for the amount of hate she had to endure, in order to see her lies(mind you, that's your pov. I believe she is sincere) through from an ideological point of view, I would assume it would have to border on sheer, obstinate fanaticism. And she doesn't come across as a fanatic to me.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 06:34 pm
@najmelliw,
Quote:
I would assume it would have to border on sheer, obstinate fanaticism.

And the desire to be seen as a hero.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 06:51 pm
@najmelliw,
You guys are all speculating without much evidence. No one here even knows her, how can we possibly read her mind.... who am I kidding...

What the hell! I will jump in too.

The people on the left were hell-bent on stopping the Kavanaugh nomination before Dr. Ford stepped forward. People on the political left were long saying that he had to be stopped "at all costs".

This implies that someone might be willing to endure whatever hardship this was to stop the nomination.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 07:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
This implies that someone might be willing to endure whatever hardship this was to stop the nomination.

People who wish to be seen as heroes must endure hardship.

It's a pathology, and because many of us can't imagine doing it doesn't mean it isn't done. There are numerous examples of it.

Does anyone really believe that Kavanaugh masterminded rape trains and that his accuser saw them in action and kept attending the parties and did so even after she became a victim?

She's a disturbed individual, exploited by a venal shyster.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 07:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You are going way too far Finn. There is no way for you to know what really happened either. You are speculating as much as they are.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 07:14 pm
@maxdancona,
Well, then we can never have an opinion based on the evidence.

Do you believe Kavanaugh ran rape trains?

His accuser is represented by a shyster who challenged Trump Jr to a cage match

His accuser went on NBC and dialed her accusations way back.

Yes, I am "speculating" that she is a loony liar.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 08:00 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Do you remember a movie called Revenge of the Nerds where the protaganist's, the hero of the movie, goal was to deceive a college girl into having sex with him while she thought it was her boyfriend.

Remember him trying to RAPE the girl and the movie making millions and spawning two (three?) sequels. It made more money than The Terminator (released the same year). That movie was released several years after Kavanaugh's college days. Let's just say that society back then didn't treat woman the same way that we attempt to today.

I think "masterminding rape trains" is making it sound more sadistic than what could have actually happened. And it was not Ford who suggested this. I don't know that this actually happened (although I've one time been at a party where I've heard that 3-4 guys were in the room with a girl (it was understood that they were all drunk) and I didn't attend many partys in high-school or college. I think Kavanaugh could have done what he may have did, especially if he was blackout drunk (despite his lying under oath saying that has never happened) and especially because getting a girl drunk and trying to have sex with them wasn't even considered "wrong" when I was in college 20 years later...hell it may not have been considered wrong until 10 years after that.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 11:14 am
@maporsche,
No, I don't remember that movie but I can tell you that the thought of rape and especially gang rape has always filled me with anger and disgust.

When I was in HS I was on the track team. In my Junior year, a very troubled girl came into our class. She would constantly say obscene things and tell boys they could do "things" to her. Frankly, I can't believe that our school district was so negligent as to not provide her with specialized attention.

As you can imagine it wasn't long before everyone knew who she was and numerous boys were bragging how they had their way with her. Who knows whether they did or not.

One day two of the Seniors on the track team told the rest of us that this girl would be coming to the locker room after practice and we could all have a "shot." I'm proud to say that most of the team, led by other Seniors made it absolutely clear that no such thing would happen.

Good people didn't rape 40 years ago and they didn't take advantage of disturbed girls. You and your age group are not somehow in an advanced state of morality.

BTW - What proof is there that Kavanaugh lied about ever being black-out drunk?

People toss the term around with ignorance, and no knowledge of alcoholism.

Blackouts are an indicator of alcoholism and a blackout that could lead one to not remember a rape is incredibly rare and an indication of extreme alcoholism. The sort where someone wakes up in another state afer a three day bender and has no idea how they got there. It's not the type of behavior that could organize repeated black-out situations. The charge is absolutely absurd. There has been zero evidence to suggest Kavanaugh was a alcoholic, let alone an extreme one.
maporsche

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 11:56 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Kavanaugh's lies about not having EVER blacked out or have ANY instances of memory loss from the night before STRAIN CREDULITY and I bet you wouldn't believe it out of any other person besides someone on your political side up for a job you want him to have.

I'm not an alcoholic Finn and wouldn't have said I was one during my college days either and there have been at least 20 instances that I can recall (every birthday, new years eve, St Patrick's day, Super Bowl Sunday, and other days) where I've woken up with very little (if any) recollection of the night before. It may have been 40 times - college was fun, but I know for a period of time, just drinking on weekends (never during the school week) it is QUITE possible to binge drink to excess and have no memory of the night before after a certain point.

Blackouts as I'm using them and as the senators used them are referring to MEMORY LOSS...not days long benders (I've never had that happen to me, but like I said, memory loss at least 20 times probably closer to 40...hell it happens probably once every couple of years now that I'm in my 30's at a bachelor party or some such event).
maporsche

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 12:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The lie starts after the question beginning at 1:50 seconds.

Quote:
Klobuchar: "There's never been a case where you drank so much that you didn't remember what happened the night before or part of the night before?"

Kavanaugh: "You're asking about blackouts...I don't know, have you?"

Klobuchar: "...you're saying that's not happened?..."

Kavanaugh "Yeah, have you?"
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 02:23 pm
@maporsche,
In order for it to be a lie, you need to be able to prove he experienced blackouts. Can you?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 02:28 pm
@maporsche,
Well good (or bad) for you, you sound like you had a drinking problem.

Foggy memories the next day are not blackouts.

In all those times do you really think you would have forgotten raping someone?

You think Kavanaugh lied because you experienced memory loss after drinking? I think that's called projection.
najmelliw

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 02:29 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

In order for it to be a lie, you need to be able to prove he experienced blackouts. Can you?

Hmm... But then, wouldn't the exact same thing be true for the rape train accusation? If that is a lie, is there proof that it never happened?

Frankly, I believe people's convictions are tainted by the passing of time, and their recollections of events they both shared, may be completely different because of that. Having said that, I stand by my belief that I do not think dr. Ford has lied.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 02:40 pm
@najmelliw,
No not all.

I say I never experienced a toothache and you call me a liar, then it is incumbent upon you to prove I experienced a toothache. It is not incumbent upon me to prove I did not.

If you accuse me of a crime, it is incumbent upon you to prove it. If I call you a liar, it is not incumbent upon me to prove I did not.

You would never accept such a thing in your own personal life.

For instance: I'm pretty sure you are not a serial killer, but if I declared you were, you would almost certainly call me a liar. Would it then be incumbent upon you to prove I was lying, and if so how could you possibly do so?

On the other hand, it would be incumbent upon me to prove I was not a liar, by proving my claim.

Is that really so hard to understand?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 02:43 pm
@najmelliw,
Well, neither of us knows for certain that Ford lied, but she and Kavanaugh do.

(With the one possible exception being that one or both of them are mentally unhinged, which in her case could be true...although I don't believe so)
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 03:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Did you watch the video?

If you did then you’ll see that Klobuchar asks about MEMORY LOSS. She doesn’t use the term blackout, Kavanaugh does. Your argument about who doesn’t understand what a blackout is should start with your new Supreme Court justice.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 03:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh it can be a lie whether or not I can prove it to be one.

maporsche

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 03:10 pm
Finn, have you ever drank enough that you got to the point where you couldn’t remember what happened the night before or part of the night before.

Has that ever happened to you?