Does anyone believe both Dr. Ford and Juanita Broaddrick?

maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 10:58 am
@najmelliw,
Quote:
Whether I believe accusations of a sexual nature or not has little to do with the political side of the spectrum the accused reside on. It has to do with how believable I deem the victim to be.

You say this, fine.

But, can you explain why 99% of liberals say they believe Dr. Ford and 99% of conservatives don't?

You are part of a pattern.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 11:00 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Only what you've said which was that you were concerned that some of your college activities could be classed as non consensual by 'today's standards,' whatever that means, or words to that effect.

You keep on making this accusation, but you have failed to provide the link. I think you are either taking something way out of context, or you are just making it up outright. If I said it here, then there is a record. Provide a link (if one even exists). I have no trouble expressing my opinions and standing by them on my own.

If you are going to quote me, then quote me in context. I don't have the slightest clue of what you are talking about, I might have been making some point... saying "good morning beautiful" is considered non-consensual by some. I am pretty sure that you are making stuff up.

Quote:
IZZY: ...you have been found guilty by the elders of the town of uttering the name of our Lord, and so, as a blasphemer,...

IN-CROWD: Ooooh!

IZZY: ...you are to be stoned to death.

IN-CROWD: Ahh!

MAX: Look. I-- I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, 'That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah.'

IN-CROWD: Oooooh!

IZZY: Blasphemy! He's said it again!

CROWD: Yes! Yes, he did! He did!...

IZZY: Did you hear him?!

CROWD: Yes! Yes, we did! We did!...
izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 11:13 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I think this was in response to you saying that you liked to have sex with sheep.

When your back's against the wall this is what you resort to, lies and smears. Like when you lied about being a single parent, you're not, you're a part time parent, you're not even the main caregiver.

You know exactly what I'm talking about. It was a long time ago, but it was a thread about college students being told they needed to be sure they had consent. That's when we fell out big time, until then you'd not really stood out at all.

Strange that I remember that really well but you've conveniently forgotten. That's the problem with lying, it's so easy to slip up, and you've slipped up loads of times.

You can always find the thread yourself if you have the time, only you won't because it will only confirm what I've said.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 11:17 am
@izzythepush,
I welcome an Investigation. Wink. It sounds like you had a temper tantrum based on something that I said, that is not my problem.

I have no trouble expressing my own opinions, thank you.

Jehovah... Jehovah!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 11:37 am
@maxdancona,

For anyone who doesn't know the reference....
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 05:41 pm
@maxdancona,
No, I'm not. Just because of my political point of view happens to coincide with my belief the dr. is legit, does not automatically conclude I belief she is legit because I lean towards the liberal side of the spectrum.

If you would ask me the same thing about the lady accusing Bill Clinton, I would probably wind up on the side of the conservatives. So this is simply coincidence.

The explanation is of course that the liberals weren't keen on Kavanaugh becoming SCOTUS, so when dr. Ford emerged, they were (perhaps even subconsciously) (pre)inclined to believe her testimony.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 12:05 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Specifically, what lies do you "know" he told?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 12:05 pm
@najmelliw,
Ok, I will ask you directly...

Do you believe that Bill Clinton raped Juanita Broaddrick, and was Hillary's attacks on victims to silence the accusations against an example of how the politically powerful silence victims?

Will you say directly (with no weaseling) that "I am a liberal and I believe Bill Clinton raped Juanita Broaddrick"?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 12:09 pm
@maxdancona,
This is a favorite tactic of izzy: He claims you wrote something and then refuses to provide a link to the post.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 12:26 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Do you believe that Bill Clinton raped Juanita Broaddrick, and was Hillary's attacks on victims to silence the accusations against an example of how the politically powerful silence victims?

Will you say directly (with no weaseling) that "I am a liberal and I believe Bill Clinton raped Juanita Broaddrick"?

maxdancona wrote:

Yes, I do believe Bill Clinton did rape that woman. If and how and what Hillary Clinton did with that situation, I don't know. She might very well have tried to shove it under the carpet(if I have my saying correct here), but that has nothing to do with the fact at hand.

Democrats are people, just like Republicans, and they are just as likely to be rapists. That's not really reliant on political proclivities after all, but more on the nature of the beast itself.

And Bill Clinton is, in my honest opinion, such a beast: a man who can't keep his genitals and/or hands away from women who are not his wife.

Does this make you happy?

And if I had to choose a side on your political spectrum to identify with, then yes, I would consider myself to be a liberal. But I am not an american, so it's not really relevant here.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 12:31 pm
@najmelliw,
That's interesting. Bill Clinton is an icon to many Americans liberals. The fact that you aren't American might be relevant...
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 12:33 pm
@najmelliw,
That's interesting. Bill Clinton is an icon to many Americans liberals. The fact that you aren't American might be relevant...

The Clintons still don't see very many protestors in pink hats when they speak in spite of the alleged rape that Bill Clinton has never even acknowledged.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 01:23 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The Clintons still don't see very many protestors in pink hats when they speak in spite of the alleged rape that Bill Clinton has never even acknowledged.

You don't like it when we make assumptions and generalizations about you. F##king stop doing it for the progressive left.

Many of us Democrats in the US are deeply disturbed by Bill Clinton's skeezy past.

Quote:

Why would they? He's not in a position of power. This is insanely obvious. Even to literal brain dead zombies. Why can't you see this? I'm sure you're intentionally missing this important detail. Do you need to see an eye doctor? Should we be worried about you? Hope you don't drive these days.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 01:36 pm
@tsarstepan,
People are literally lining up to see Bill and Hillary speak at $700 a seat.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 01:40 pm
@maxdancona,
#Theyreidiots then. What more do you want us to say?

The difference between Clinton and Kavanaugh? Clinton can't destroy already established and necessary public policies that will disenfranchise voters; place vulnerable women in positions of danger and poverty by gutting and removing existing legal abortion laws; etc.... But of course you know that and once again ignore the obvious flaws in this entire thread of yours.

If it was up to me? There wouldn't be any statute of limitations of sexually related crimes (especially violent ones). If that means Bill Clinton spend the rest of his life behind bars (if criminally convicted)? Dem's the breaks.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 07:33 pm
New data on #MeToo's first year shows 'undeniable' impact
Sexual harassment complaints are up across the U.S. with the feds and with HR departments.

by Nigel Chiwaya / Oct.11.2018 / 1:54 PM EDT

The #MeToo movement exposed a laundry list of accusations against men in powerful positions in media, Hollywood, tech and more. But behind the headlines, hundreds of women and men — in industries ranging from retail to medicine — have filed harassment complaints, called hotlines and come forward with their own #MeToo stories in the year since the movement began.

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which investigates complaints of workplace sexual harassment and discrimination, saw about 7,500 harassment complaints filed from October 2017 to September 2018, a 12 percent increase compared to the previous year, the agency reported last week.

Harassment complaints rose despite overall complaints dropping, said Victoria Lipnic, acting chair of the EEOC. And visits to the EEOC’s sexual harassment webpage more than doubled in October 2017, after the abuse allegations against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein broke and #MeToo became a national conversation.

"The impact of the #MeToo movement is undeniable," she said.

That impact has extended to some corporate human resources departments, which have anecdotally reported a rise in harassment complaints that are resolved internally without going to the EEOC. And still more women are seeking help anonymously by calling hotlines for sexual assault victims, where call volume spikes whenever high-profile assaults make headlines.

The legal fight against harassment got a boost from Time’s Up, an organization dedicated to safe and equal workplaces for women, and the National Women’s Law Center. The two groups launched a legal defense fund in January to provide low-income women with attorney consultations and help with legal fees. The fund has raised $22 million in donations and assisted 3,500 women and men from all 50 states, said Emily Martin, a vice president of the National Women’s Law Center.

"It’s an incredible outpouring from people who have been inspired to share their stories and demand justice," Martin said.

Those demands drove the 41 harassment lawsuits the EEOC filed over the past year, a 50 percent increase from the previous year. The agency targeted companies as large as United Airlines and as small as a Dollar General in Maryland, to resolve cases in which companies would not admit wrongdoing.

Lawyers who handle sexual harassment cases see a clear link between the increase in lawsuits and the public focus on the issue.

"The type of case isn't new. It’s the volume of cases that is new,” said Gerald Maatman, a partner at the employment and labor law firm Seyfarth Shaw, who has tracked EEOC litigation for more than 20 years.

The EEOC’s United Airlines case involved a captain accused of posting explicit photos of a flight attendant online. At the Dollar General, an assistant store manager said she was transferred to another location after complaining about lewd comments and aggressive advances from her manager, an alleged violation of anti-retaliation laws.

A Dollar General spokeswoman said the company does not comment on pending litigation.

United Airlines spokesman Charles Hobart said the company disagreed with the EEOC’s description on the incident. “United does not tolerate sexual harassment in the workplace and will vigorously defend against this case,” Hobart said.

One of those whose harassment complaint was boosted by #MeToo was Gina Pitre, 57, who worked at a Walmart in D’Iberville Mississippi. She accused a manager of harassing her for more than a year and a half, repeatedly groping her and demanding lewd images. The manager refused her request for a transfer and fired another manager when the other manager and Pitre reported the misbehavior to Walmart’s ethics department, she said.

“I followed the guidelines,” Pitre said. “I reported it to a manager. I made a report. I talked to a higher-up. I did what I was supposed to do. But they didn't protect me.“

Pitre filed a complaint with the EEOC in September 2017. She resigned from Walmart in April 2018, the same month she sued Walmart for sexual harassment and retaliation and her manager for emotional distress.

Pitre called Time’s Up five times after seeing a news story on television. She received a response after the last call, and the group connected her with an attorney and paid for her filing fees.

“I'm not going to give up on this case. I'm going to fight it if I have to go all the way to Washington,” Pitre said. “I want the public and women to know it's not right for a man to grab you if you do not want it.”

Walmart spokesman Randy Hargrove said the company does not tolerate discrimination or harassment and investigates all allegations.

“In this particular case, we conducted a comprehensive investigation, including witness interviews, and could not substantiate a violation of our Discrimination and Harassment Prevention Policy,” Hargrove said in an emailed statement. “We take this matter seriously and are defending the company against these allegations.

It’s not just the EEOC fielding more complaints. Lipnic said the human resource professionals she’s talked with this year tell her more employees are coming forward with claims, which are handled internally.

Maatman, whose law firm defends clients against EEOC litigation, said that he’s advised businesses to step up their efforts to create harassment reporting systems and address complaints in-house because of the EEOC’s increase in activity on the issue.

“The stakes are that much higher,” Maatman said.

Victim resource hotlines — including the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network’s National Sexual Assault hotline and The Center For Sexual Assault Crisis Counseling And Education’s crisis line — have also seen a surge in activity, particularly when the news is dominated by stories of sexual assault.

In October 2017, Safe Horizon, a victim-assistance nonprofit that operates domestic violence, rape and sexual assault hotlines, saw a 52 percent increase in call volume compared to a year earlier.

"Any time there’s a viral moment we get increases of some kind,” said Brian Pacheco, Safe Horizon spokesman.

Pacheco added that call volume spiked 500 percent on Sept. 28 — the day after Christine Blasey Ford testified before a Senate committee on her allegation that Brett Kavanaugh had assaulted her, which he denied — compared to a year earlier.

"People’s memories come back," Pacheco said. "They may have tucked these memories away. They see this and it triggers something."

CORRECTION (Oct. 11, 2018, 5:56 p.m. ET): An earlier version of this article misidentified Emily Martin. She is a vice president at the National Women's Law Center, not the vice president. Also, the article misstated that Gina Pitre's direct supervisor was fired. The person fired was a manager, not her supervisor
maxdancona

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 07:35 pm
@neptuneblue,
Won't real success be when the number of sexual assault complaints goes down?
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 07:47 pm
@maxdancona,
What a stupid question.

Get back to me when sexual assault isn't a factor in human evolution.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2018 08:55 pm
@neptuneblue,
I don't think it is a stupid question at all. A good policy will reduce the amount of sexual assault.

I don't know what you mean by "factor in human evolution". Are you saying that sexual assault is a fact of nature as a result of evolution, or are you saying that sexual assault is a part of the process of evolution. Neither of these makes sense.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2018 05:01 pm
I don't believe Ford. I'm not sure about Broaddrick. Clinton is a pig but a violent rapist?