My daughter has the most disgusting habits

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 03:30 pm
I have a two year old and she sometimes does the most disgusting things. She has this annoying habit of sticking her hands down her diaper after pooping. It is gross – just imagine having to clean her crib after that.

And now this morning when I went to put her in the car, I noticed something quite gross dried to the inside window. I asked her what she did. She proudly told me that she picked her nose and put it on the window. Do you know how hard that is to clean off?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,505 • Replies: 36
No top replies

husker

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 04:23 pm
to much information - lol
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 04:26 pm
This was as much a venting sessions as it was to see who would actually read this and respond. I mean the title is disgusting habits - what did you expect?

And I edited what I could have actually written and described.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 04:33 pm
I have heard of little kids even eating their feces, although I am not sure about what age this behavior stops. If you are worried, why don't you discuss it with your pediatrician?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 04:44 pm
Linkat wrote:
This was as much a venting sessions as it was to see who would actually read this and respond. I mean the title is disgusting habits - what did you expect?

And I edited what I could have actually written and described.

just kidding you !! as Art L said "kids say and do the darnest things"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:10 pm
Just before I left the office, a good friend called. He's feeling very lucky that his job allows him the opportunity to pick his older daughter (just under 2) from daycare.

He arrived, parked, and walked to the play area. C was there, bundled up in her snow suit, facing the play area. He called out her name. She turned around, her left index finger jammed firmly up her nose.

"Beth, I was so proud, and you know, I always suspected she'd be left-handed."

I just about fell out of my chair laughing.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:36 pm
Gha! That's nasty! Have you told your doctor about it?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 09:04 pm
I worked as a nanny during my college years. I never had a diaper raider, but two of the kids would wipe their snot all over the furniture and pets.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 08:44 am
I am not worried about her at all. She is being a two year old. Typically with the poopy thing she yells as soon as she touches it and says yecky! I think this is her way of getting immediate attention and believe me it works! Luckily the poopy thing seems to be a stage as this is already decreasing. I think she is as disgusted by it as I am.

The snot thing – hopefully is isolated. I did explain to her not to do it again, but we’ll see.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 08:48 am
My son did exactly the same thing and it's not as minor an issue as you might think. It prevented my boy from pledging a good fraternity.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 09:44 am
Since I am not a proponent of frats and similar groups, I consider this a good thing.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 09:47 am
well then, silver lining, glass half full, God has a plan, lemonade from lemons, everything's wonderful.

I love a happy ending.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 09:56 am
I suppose kids do natural things,we'd(grown ups)maybe still do it if wew wernt told not to.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:02 am
Exactly what are you inferring material girl? <washing hands with anti bacterial soap>
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:08 am
That we would all act NATURALLY if we hadn been 'programmed' by society not to do certain things.(licking my feet clean with my tongue)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:35 am
You can lick your feet with your tongue? May I call you next time I'm in town?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:40 am
I made that bit up, tho Ive never actually tried to do it so I may able to!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:54 am
http://www.smccarthy.com/images/didhe.jpg
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:36 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 12:56 pm
I read in a psychiatric dictionary once that money and clay stand for our relationship with feces as young children.

You might say that producing feces are a child's first act of creation, and they're proud of it. It seems that if you make too big a fuss about a child playing with feces, it could affect him for life. The imlication is that being deprived of his creation, he grows up obscessed with obtaining large sums of money, greedy in other words. The other part about clay being a stand-in for feces disturbs me a bit since I'm a potter, the disturbing part being that I don't make much money, but the good part being that clay smells so much better than feces.

As far as sticking her finger up his nose, it's OK so long as she doesn't do it while driving over a bumpy road. Ouch! Boogers on the window and feces on a crib don't seem to me to be that big a problem. Maybe you have a cleanliness issue. Let the kid be a kid. Kids and animals don't worry about sh#t like that, and neither should you. But then I used to be a zookeeper, which, in the end, is pretty much like child rearing.

Newborn children are little more than helpless snakes; they're all alimentary canal, because that's the only part of their nervous systems that functions totally for a couple of years. The only way they can express themselves is through the alimentary canal. Babies cry, spit up, get colic, diarrhea, etc., and it takes a few years before their musculature kicks in adequately and many more years for the intellect to fully develop. Any trauma—such as making a huge fuss over feces—that occurs in early childhood is expressed through the alimentary canal, and that pattern continues throughout life.
0 Replies