Girlfriend and I are having trouble... Thoughts?

lud1

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 04:17 pm
Girlfriend and I decided to take a break for a week, and I am torn between what should happen between us. We had been arguing quite a bit in the previous couple weeks, hence why we are taking a break. She's the most popular girl at our school, and I'm nowhere near the most popular guy. There's just too much drama between us and we don't communicate very well. At the same time, I cannot let her believe that I was simply using her for popularity or social status or anything, and I don't want to hurt her feelings because I truly do care about her. I just don't think I can keep going on this way, because I care so much but I don't think she's the one. at the same time, I don't want to regret a missed opportunity. I don't know whether or not I should break up with her. What should i do?

jespah

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 05:17 pm
@lud1,
Relationships that aren't working don't need to continue.

And cut out this business of "the one". The chances of finding your soulmate in high school are vanishingly small. You're allowed to date people who you don't see yourself growing old with.

As for how or what to do, tell her what you wrote here. That you care about her feelings but you don't think it's working out between the two of you. The ends of relationships don't have to be big screaming fights. They can be quiet acknowledgements that you're not suited for each other, and then you both take your leave.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 03:36 pm
Somehow I think she'll be OK if you break up with her.

0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 04:22 am
@lud1,
Keh, you don't think she's the one, but you don't want to regret a missed opportunity? An opportunity for what?

By the way - You argue a lot. Will this change? If your two communication styles clash, it won't. If you differ greatly on values / what's important etc, it won't. What's the cause? Self centredness, on one, of both of your parts? You should already know the answer whether this could ever improve, or not.
0 Replies

Forombity

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2018 12:23 pm
@lud1,
IMO, just end the rel. Eventually, she will get hurt. On the other hand, if you are the one who will end it, I think you might get popular in your school. LOL. Kidding! But yeah, sad but face it, it will not work.
0 Replies