Little Girls and Beauty

mac11

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 11:25 am
Uh-oh! Shocked
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 01:17 pm
From Will's reaction, I suppose congratulations are not yet in order.

Don't fret, soz. You'll be a grandmother yet. Wink
0 Replies

Miklos7

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 02:29 pm
Sozobe,

Our older daughter had a thing for clothes (or, better, their presentation, as we saw no point to a rapidly-growing kid having a lot of threads--nor could we afford them), make-up, etc. By the time she was three, she had distinct passions for certain colors, certain looks. She liked DRAMA! My wife and I referred to her privately as The Goddess. As this seemed to be part of her nature (and it still is, at age 36!), we simply enjoyed her pursuit of personal style.

By contrast, our younger daughter had zero interest in what she called "dressing up." Well broken-in (as in "worn") denim overalls and home-knit Irish sweaters were her deal--every day! When she got to be 10, she asked her mother to show her how to sew. Then, she bought a pattern for shorts and some inexpensive, low-key fabrics. At 34, when she needs shorts, she still turns out more of the exact same design! Her husband, a retired lawyer who likes to take her out to dinner, used to encouraged her to buy cocktail dresses--even evening dresses. He's given up! She will wear them only once--and just to please him. He still adores her, as do I and her mom. This is HER style.

Having daughters is SO great. I'd say relax and enjoy Sozlet's sense of high style. She sounds like a LOT of fun.
0 Replies