5
   

Truth or Conspiracy?

 
 
Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2018 11:51 am
How many agents do you suppose that Homeland Security and/or other law agencies have accounts on A2K to spy on usage? I am willing to bet Homeland Security has a couple but am unsure of other agencies.

Anyways, I hope you guys are staying up to date on all the gossip!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,479 • Replies: 29

 
roger
 
  6  
Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2018 04:00 pm
@McGentrix,
If they do, they've got way too much time on their hands.
Glennn
 
  1  
Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2018 04:19 pm
@McGentrix,
It would be pointless for an agency to simply spy on usage. They're more likely to have accounts in order to participate in discussions in a way that will propagate alarmist issues.
Glennn
 
  1  
Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2018 07:38 pm
@Glennn,
And you really don't have to look far to find the alarmist nut-jobs blowing off about the world burning up before our eyes. But what can you do?
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  -3  
Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2018 09:53 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

If they do, they've got way too much time on their hands.


The Govt has an endless supply of drones sitting in offices doing things like monitoring websites. The govt has no concept of "too much time on their hands."
vikorr
 
  2  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 03:11 am
@McGentrix,
ROFL. Why on earth would they bother to monitor it with manpower. What an incredible waste. The labour intensity required would be mind boggling (for all the possible forums out there, plus social media & their platforms).

Much simpler to have an AI bot trolling the web. Much easier to have agreements in place with ISP's for keyword searches, or at least have employees of ISP's on their payroll. Or similar at the major search engines (down to the smaller ones), and social media platforms. Etc.
0 Replies
 
hightor
 
  3  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 05:03 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
How many agents do you suppose that Homeland Security and/or other law agencies have accounts on A2K to spy on usage?

Zero.
Quote:
I am willing to bet Homeland Security has a couple but am unsure of other agencies.

You're joking, right?
McGentrix
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 07:28 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
How many agents do you suppose that Homeland Security and/or other law agencies have accounts on A2K to spy on usage?

Zero.
Quote:
I am willing to bet Homeland Security has a couple but am unsure of other agencies.

You're joking, right?


Do you or anyone you know work for the government? If so, you should know exactly what I am talking about.

[anecdote]I know a guy that worked IT and when he was issued a new computer, he did not like the keyboard and wanted his old keyboard back. He went to the union and sat at his desk for two weeks until IT brought his keyboard back. It took an additional week for them to grant him admin rights so he could remap the keys the way he wanted them.[/anecdote]

I am not suggesting that there is a guy in a building who's only job is to watch A2K. That would be absurd. But would it seem bizarre if someone like Glitterbag or Coldjoint were really plants (not saying they are so calm the **** down)?
engineer
 
  4  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 08:01 am
@McGentrix,
Yes, that would be bizarre. We definitely have a Russian plant that swings around occasionally (maybe more than one, but only one that is completely obvious), but there's no need for a US government troll, we have plenty already.
hightor
 
  3  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 08:04 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I am not suggesting that there is a guy in a building who's only job is to watch A2K. That would be absurd. But would it seem bizarre if someone like Glitterbag or Coldjoint were really plants (not saying they are so calm the **** down)?

Yes, that would seem really bizarre. This is a discussion site where people air their views, share knowledge, answer questions, and trade conspiracy theories. Hardly the sort of thing which would attract the attention of the homeland security apparatus and not exactly the kind of place where criminal enterprises are hatched.
0 Replies
 
Blickers
 
  3  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 09:21 am
@McGentrix,
Quote McGentrix:
Quote:
I am not suggesting that there is a guy in a building who's only job is to watch A2K. That would be absurd. But would it seem bizarre if someone like Glitterbag or Coldjoint were really plants (not saying they are so calm the **** down)?
As Glitterbag has made clear that she used to work for the CIA before she retired, that would be the worst cover for an undercover agent imaginable. So yes, it would seem bizarre if she was a government plant.
Blickers
 
  3  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 09:27 am
@engineer,
Quote engineer:
Quote:
We definitely have a Russian plant that swings around occasionally (maybe more than one, but only one that is completely obvious), but there's no need for a US government troll, we have plenty already.
I don't know if we have a Russian plant, but we definitely have a few posters who are repeating what the Russian trolls on YouTube are pushing.

Whether they are gin-yoo-wine Russian trolls in St. Petersburg, Russia, (home of the Russian troll factory at 55 Savushkina St.), or Westerners who have bought into the Russian hype hook, line and sinker is hard to say.
0 Replies
 
InfraBlue
 
  5  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 12:43 pm
This thread is probably in response to the Memphis Police Department's Office of Homeland Security surveilling of Black Lives Matter activists' Facebook pages. The ACLU of Tennessee is suing the City of Memphis for contempt. The City of Memphis has issued a statement and documents in regard to the suit.
McGentrix
 
  -2  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 01:32 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Quote McGentrix:
Quote:
I am not suggesting that there is a guy in a building who's only job is to watch A2K. That would be absurd. But would it seem bizarre if someone like Glitterbag or Coldjoint were really plants (not saying they are so calm the **** down)?
As Glitterbag has made clear that she used to work for the CIA before she retired, that would be the worst cover for an undercover agent imaginable. So yes, it would seem bizarre if she was a government plant.


Have you seen her dd214? Do you even know if Glitterbag is a woman? Hell, do you have evidence that Glitterbag is even human and not a bot? It's easy to foment dissent to see who agrees or disagrees with you.

Who knows what people do here 24 hours a day. Could be Russians lurking behind every topic!
hightor
 
  2  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 02:04 pm
@InfraBlue,
Thanks for possibly clarifying McG's intentions with this thread. Note that this is occurring on the municipal, not the national, level.
InfraBlue
 
  2  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 04:40 pm
@hightor,
It's odd that the Memphis PD would name one of its departments "Homeland Security."
roger
 
  2  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 05:51 pm
@InfraBlue,
Hey, everybody likes to sound important.
0 Replies
 
Blickers
 
  3  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 09:32 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote Blickers:
Quote:
As Glitterbag has made clear that she used to work for the CIA before she retired, that would be the worst cover for an undercover agent imaginable. So yes, it would seem bizarre if she was a government plant.


Quote McGentrix:
Quote:
Have you seen her dd214? Do you even know if Glitterbag is a woman? Hell, do you have evidence that Glitterbag is even human and not a bot? It's easy to foment dissent to see who agrees or disagrees with you.

You miss the point, as usual. If Glitterbag was in fact a Russian troll or was a Russian bot, it would still be counterproductive for her to say to the people on here that she used to work for the CIA. It would blow her cover and prevent her from forming close relationships with people she wanted pointed out to her employers.

0 Replies
 
Blickers
 
  2  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 09:38 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote McGentrix:
Quote:
Who knows what people do here 24 hours a day. Could be Russians lurking behind every topic!
Even if true, you certainly wouldn't mind much. You're the guy who said that Putin was doing us a favor by showing how easy it is to hack into our election system.

I suppose when the guy shuts the power down all over the country you'll be overwhelmed with gratitude for ol' Vlad.
maporsche
 
  5  
Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2018 03:49 pm
This has got to be the stupidest thread in a forum full of stupid threads.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Truth or Conspiracy?
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.07 seconds on 09/15/2019 at 10:00:08