My preggy gf doesn't want to see me.

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 02:59 am
My pregnant girlfriend threaten men to abort our baby if I show up during her pregnancy stage until the baby comes out. I don’t understand why she doesn’t want to see me and is only asking me for financial support. She’s making me feel bad. She doesn’t want me to be there for her. It makes me think she’s not glad of being pregnant. I don’t know what her reasons are but for the baby’s sake, I stayed away from her and now I’m a thousand miles away. A foreign friend of mine told me that maybe it’s because of her hormones. But it doesn’t seem like it.

najmelliw

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 05:15 am
@Hall0815,
If you don't know why she doesn't want to see you, it's urgent you contact her and demand an explanation.
This is not natural. I've known plenty of pregnant women in my family and among my friends, but none of them ever demanded the father to be to stay away during the pregnancy.

In my opinion, this doesn't bode well for the relation: I doubt this dynamic will change much once the baby is born...
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 05:43 am
Lord I am sorry for you and your girlfriend and your upcoming baby but you do not wish to stress her right now in any manner.

Suggest you might try to find a person that she is comfortable with to act as an intermediary for you and also suggest that you talk to a lawyer about confirming your position as the father to be in case she decide to take such actions as to place the baby up for adoption after birth without your input.

Sound like you are going to be on a tightrope for a time at least.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 01:12 pm
What proof do you have that she is actually pregnant now?
0 Replies

bunnyhabit

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 01:59 pm
she must be over sensitive to you seeing her with poor figure that comes with pregnancy. kylie jenner was same no photos while pregnant. you need to convince her that her physical shape will not affect your love for her.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 02:15 pm
@Hall0815,
Hall0815 wrote:
I don’t understand why she doesn’t want to see me and is only asking me for financial support. .

before you start paying child support, ensure a paternity test is done - with facilities under your control. make sure you and the child are in the same office with the same doctor when the samples are taken.
BillRM

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 04:32 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Hall0815 wrote:
I don’t understand why she doesn’t want to see me and is only asking me for financial support. .

before you start paying child support, ensure a paternity test is done - with facilities under your control. make sure you and the child are in the same office with the same doctor when the samples are taken.

Your suggestions are fine once the baby is born however at the moment she is claiming that a fetus she is carrying is his and she is threatening to abort this fetus.

That is placing him on a tight rope that I would not care to be on myself.

First we are not sure if there is a baby to be and if there is one that it is his and she is threatening what could be his to be child life.

I would once more suggest that he should see if he could find an intermediate that the woman trust to help find out the true situation.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2018 08:38 am
@BillRM,
If she's made up her mind to have an abortion that's what she'll do, if she's decided to keep the baby that's what she'll do. It's absurd to think that her decision will be affected by the father getting in contact regardless of what she's threatened.
BillRM

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:35 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

If she's made up her mind to have an abortion that's what she'll do, if she's decided to keep the baby that's what she'll do. It's absurd to think that her decision will be affected by the father getting in contact regardless of what she's threatened.

In the US the mother to be have most of the power but if and only if the father take certain steps even while not being married to the mother he does have some rights if an when the child is born.

Next assuming he care about either or the mother or the child there are also steps he should consider taking such as trying to find out what the hell is going on without upsetting the mother to be and registering his possible claims to the child with the courts......see a lawyer.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2018 11:12 am
@BillRM,
I'm not sure what you're saying here, but this really isn't the right place to rail about how unfair the law is towards men.
BillRM

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2018 12:21 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I'm not sure what you're saying here, but this really isn't the right place to rail about how unfair the law is towards men.

Rail????

If the man would wish for some legal say in the future of the child as one of the two parents after it is born he does under US law need to take certain steps.

Fair or not fair that is how it is in the US and he need to see a lawyer.

That is hardly railing.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2018 03:31 pm
@bunnyhabit ,
I gotta say, I agree with bunny here.

I mean, if Kylie Jenner won't have photos taken while pregnant, I think that says it all.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 01:58 am
@Hall0815,
Hall0815.

Is this the first time you have been "a thousand miles away" I am thinking not.

Your "preggy gf" ... it appears maybe having a child, her child, your child.

I'm not trying to sound rude here but, " My girlfriend is expecting a baby" it sounds as if she feels just reading your heading that you are not the one that she wants to be with in her life, yet, she's pregnant now and wants to be alone, and intends to keep the child.

You say you are staying away "for the baby's sake" which means, you are "ok" with her having the child. So, YES you have to pay financially, but you will be happy doing so, knowing you have bought a beautiful bundle of joy into this World, and from there you will have to work out rights to see your child, it's your child too, you have a right.

I would say, it's more to do with her not feeling the love and hasn't for a while, from you, as to why she doesn't want you on this part of the journey.

I am sorry that it's working out this way but it's life.
0 Replies