Is my pet goldfish getting ready to lay eggs?

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 10:04 pm
@Billapink,
That sounds like it could be eggs, if you want the eggs to hatch and want to keep the fry you should give them cover (plants etc are good) or move the adults to another tank.
gussie

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2009 03:20 pm
@islandgirl83,
When the goldfish poop is long and stringy the fish is stressed , Their poop should be short and firm. You should test their water to make sure it is ok.
panzade

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2009 03:42 pm
@gussie,
I didn't know that...thanks gussie
0 Replies

goldfish123

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 03:38 am
Hello i have a goldfish who is looking very fat and rounded but all of the other goldfish leave her alone. We also have a tropical fish in the tank, this fish chases the one that we think may be ready to lay eggs. Is it possible that two different types of fish are able to mate with each other?
waltona

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 08:38 am
hello. I have a problem too. My goldfish... He's been looking weird lately. I don't mean good weird either. His used-to-be-clear fins are now streaked with red; you can see his veins. Now there are little red spots on his body, and on his other fins as well. I tested Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, hardness, chlorine, and they were all normal and in safe ranges. What is wrong with him? I mean, he's fine in terms of behavior, but the blood like appearance is scaring me. Oh, and about a week before this happened, I found out that the rocks at the bottom of my tank were turning the water blue. I removed them, but does this have something to do with it? Is he okay? Should I be concerned? PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!
waltona

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 12:38 pm
@goldfish123,
It sounds likely to me. Sometimes in animal rescue centers and in a zoo, animals may mate with other species if left long enough with each other. They start to realize that's who they are stuck with, and it does happen. Fish do chase each other when they want to mate. I know this because my fish chase each other like crazy. Male and female.
0 Replies

lipsmackerobbsesion

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 04:41 am
hi im 11 and im 12 in 7 months.

I have a largish smallish tank i have two males (i think) and a female that is getting quite large....
She hangs around the bottom of the tank and the males ocasionally nudge down below her.Im scared that im not going to be at home when she lays the eggs (if she does) but the males dont have spots one only has a caved in butt! The female is always hungry! She also attcked another fish that is in a recovery tank. And i dont really want hundreds of goldfish but i dont know what to do! I only got the males and female for christmas! I dont really know anything about goldfish or any fish i didn't even plan for her to breed but i think she might lay eggs soon... Will the males be able to furtelize the eggs when there 7-8 months old? Will she have any eggs even though the males dont have spots? I do want them to have frys but i dont know if i can look after them and i cant put the males in a different tank cause they dont eat! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP ME!!
kerrycherryberry

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:56 am
@panzade,
i need to know if i have any little eggs in my tank they look like a bit of dust and im not sure if can clean the tank out becauseit is getting dirty but i think i have one male and female fantails and on the female (i think ) she has a bit of red comming out of her tail it looks like blood and the male is allways folling her and going close her behind i need to know what to do !!!????
0 Replies

hiby99

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 04:13 am
@Robert Gentel,
well it defenitly soundes as tho and after a while if you start to see white little balls on the plants in there then take them out caus they are eggs put them in a seprite tank but only a cupple cause there should be hundreds but make sure when u take them out that they stay in water at all times other wise they could die i dont think someone has to watch it at all times but keep a close eye on it when u say the male chase the female was she big then cause the male chases the female to mate make sure the tank is 5 lyters per egg or at lease 3 per egg if you have any questions email me at [email protected] ok good luck!
0 Replies

jodiemcknight123

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 06:42 am
helloo my name is Jodie, i have recently got some gold fish and one is getting repeatidly fatter i have got 4 other gold fish in the tank with her she just breathes faster than the rest and swims round the bottom of the tank and i dont no witch is the male (dad) so i can seperate them can you help me please ? xx
0 Replies

jalyn45144

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 05:07 pm
@miss elvis 2000,
listen my goldfish looks like it has blood on its gills and she is rubing against stuff wat should i do
panzade

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2011 06:03 am
@jalyn45144,
That sounds like an Ich (parasitic) infection.

Here are some symptoms:

Small white spots resembling sand
Fish scratch against rocks and gravel
In advanced stages fish become lethargic
Redness or bloody streaks in advanced stages

http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/disease/p/ich.htm
0 Replies

pkmayra

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 09:49 pm
@waltona,
my fish too it has red on its back i am scared
0 Replies

pkmayra

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 09:54 pm
@lipsmackerobbsesion,
omg me too my fish are in the bottom of the tank?
0 Replies

jessica1992

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 10:20 am
sorry i just need some help.. our goldfish are acting a bit funny, one is staying at the bottom of our tank, behind an 'ornament' and has made a kind of nest in the stones??? the other frequently goes up to it but does not stay with the 'nest' as the other does.. please help.. are our fish just weird??
thankyou jessica
0 Replies

Emilycutiepies

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 12:21 am
My fancy tailed female goldfish is laying on the ground a lot. My mom said that it was getting ready to die. It was really fat at bottom of his body, and I'm really scared. It has a light brown pimple-lIke thing on it's butt area. Is this a sign that it is dying or something??? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

fish123

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 02:59 pm
my fish has gone all round .. i think she will be laying eggs.. none of the other fish are showing white pimple signs.. what to do now?
0 Replies

manda5225

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 02:47 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I think my female has layen eggs and I've cleand the tank by mistaken them wat will happen now?
0 Replies

coolgoldfish

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 02:09 am
i have 4 gold fishes in my tank . one of them is carrying eggs. icant identify between male and female but i have not noticed any white spots on the gills of any other fishes. does that mean that i dont have a male fish. and can someone help me out by telling me how to differentiate between a male and female please
0 Replies

garunkumar

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 07:24 am
@goldfishsrok,
hai sir iam arun I got gold fish in my house but he's not getting feeding why.