kissing

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 01:44 pm
I like these books - Art of Kissing, and Art of Hugging.
I think I've posted about the Hugging one at A2K in the past.

link
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 01:49 pm
well ya learn something everyday

Quote:
Trade-off Kiss: One of you takes a cinnamon candy and the other a mint. While French kissing, switch them from time to time. Great fun.

http://www.datingmatchmakers.com/kissing/types-of-kissing.aspx

Quote:
Vaughn Bryant Jr., professor and head of the anthropology department at Texas A&M, said in a "Chicago Tribune" article that the first erotic kiss was exchanged about 1500 B.C. in India. Prior to that time there is no evidence; (clay tablets, cave paintings or written records) that indicate the history of the kiss.

Bryant also said that rubbing and pressing noses together, a no-tongues exchange between lovers, became popular about 1500 B.C.

It was the Romans who unleashed the kiss, as we know it today. Romans kissed each other hello, kissed the robes and rings of their leaders and kissed statues of Roman gods to signify their submission and respect.

The Romans soon discovered that a kiss has many meanings and assigned words for these different types of kisses, such as osculum meaning friendship kiss, basium meaning passionate kiss, and savium meaning deep kiss, otherwise known as the French kiss.

From that point on, kissing encountered opposition from religion as a venial sin. However, the kiss triumphantly endured and thankfully so.

http://www.datingmatchmakers.com/kissing/

the romans, eh?
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 02:54 pm
ehBeth, thank you for your research! It is greatly appreciated. Smile. I can't wait to get my hands on "The Art of Kissing" book! You just made my day! Very Happy
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 03:12 pm
Well done ehBeth. And Brooke you can be sure anytime you're near me, you'll be kissed. Funny thing happened last Friday, which many of you will know is my karaoke night. A woman about my age was having trouble at the mike so I jumped up and harmonized with her to help her get the tempo. Anyway she was there with her daughter and having a lot of fun. Later in the evening when I was stepping out to have a cigarette she came over to get a kiss goodnight. I gave her a kiss and then told her I'd be right back in. She was alittle taken aback as she thought she'd done something wrong. I saw that and smiled saying "Don't worry. I just do that to get more kisses". You should have seen the smile on her face.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:08 pm
You are one smooth talking son of a gun there, bobsmythhawk! Smile
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 08:55 am
Hi Lady J. I always had a big mouth. I'm amazed no one's been able to shut it. Since grade school I've consistently put my big foot in my mouth and occasionally both feet (and that's no easy feat). I remember in high school I got a science teacher Miss Kenney who even frightened the football players. Not physically of course, but by overwhelming them with her acidic tongue. Anyway the first day of school she told her new students that just because we didn't have books didn't mean we couldn't learn. She had prepared two beakers filled with clear liquid. Pointing to them she told us one was filled with water and one was filled with alcohol. She held up a live worm. We could see it wiggling in her hand. She dropped it into the beaker of water and after a short pause we could see it still wiggling. She ten dropped it into the beaker of alcohol and after the same interval, removed it. Dead as a nail. She even snapped her fingers at it. Plink. Stiff as a board. "What does this tell you?" she asked. I quickly raised my hand. She pointed to me for the answer. Proudly I declared "If you drink, you won't have worms." That was not the answer she wanted.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 12:55 pm
News Flash! Copious amounts of Alcohol: A Natural De-wormer for Humans!

Sassy. Saucy. I like your style. That answer surely had to bring at least a small smile so that teachers face. Smile And why is it that I think as you have gotten just a wee bit older that your style has only improved? Smile
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:06 pm
Hi Lady J
The class erupted. The teacher was not amused. I was somewhat redeemed at a later date when she asked the class what proof we had for an expanding universe. I raised my hand. Miss Kenney looked at me dubiously but called on me anyway since no other hands were raised. I told her Fred Hoyle's book stated photoraphy of the stars indicated a shift into the red end of the spectrum, the so called doppler effect, caused by a movement outward. She had difficulty believing that I could and did give the correct answer.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 01:44 am
Redemption is good! Smile And I'm sure you passed the class!
0 Replies