kissing

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 02:32 pm
Isn't it curious what shows up in your e-mail? This was totally unexpected. Sure wish it had been sent by a woman but sad to relate it was not. I didn't give it a second thought because my pal who sent it is heterosexual and just thought it would be thought provoking. So with the thought of supplying a rainbow of subjects, here you are a2k members.

Why Kissing Is Good for YOU.....It's good for you because...

...it helps prevent tooth decay. Dr. Peter Gorden, Dental Advisor at the
British Dental Association, explains. "After eating, your mouth is full of
sugar solution and acidic saliva, which cause plaque build up. Kissing is
nature's own cleaning process," he adds. "It stimulates saliva flow and
brings plaque levels down to normal."

....it relieves tension. A passionate kiss is a great relaxation technique,
says stress consultant, Michelle Kay Mcnabb. "When your mouth is in a
kissing position, you're almost smiling and, as our emotions and body language
are so closely linked, it's almost impossible to smile and feel tense at the same
time," she explains. "Also, your breathing becomes deeper and your eyes
close when you kiss - that's what you do when you relax. It's a perfect way
to shut out the world."

...it helps you lose weight. "A long kiss makes the metabolism burn up sugar
faster than usual," says Claire Potter. "The calories burned depend on the
intensity, but you can rely on 10 calories for every 10 minutes."

...it slows the ageing process. "Kissing helps to tone your cheek and jaw muscles,
so they're less likely to sag," says Cosmo's Fitness Consultant, Claire Potter.

...it increases fitness levels. Your heart is pumping, your pulse is racing...
"If kissing is exciting, you release adrenaline into the bloodstream and your
heart pumps more blood around your body," says Dr. Susan Hotchkies.
"It's a great cardiovascular workout."

...it is a good indication of what's to come. Kissing a new man gives you the
perfect opportunity to check out his pheromones - the chemical messengers
that signal sexual attraction." The first kiss is always a good way to work out
if there's any chemistry between you," says Paul Brown, a sexual and marital
therapist. "In humans, it's thought that smells plays a vital part in subconscious
attraction, and if your pheromones aren't in tune', you're unlikely to hit off in
other areas."

And finally, ...it boosts self-esteem. There's nothing better than a passionate
kiss for a major dose of feel - good factor. "In theory, when you're kissing,
you're happy. And when you're happy, you feel good about yourself,"
says psychotherapist Paul Zeal.

(Doesn't it make you feel like kissing someone now? Don't wait. Get to it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,908 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:53 pm
No wonder I love a good kiss! And my sweetheart is by far the best kisser I have ever known! And I am also very lucky because he loves kissing as much as I do! Smile
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:16 pm
Hi Lady J:

Isn't it wonderful? I remember once walking home from work with a friend. We had to stop for traffic and I noticed a woman on the other side of the street waitng for a bus. She noticed me. The light changed and my friend and I crossed. When I reached her I stopped, wrapped my arms around her and kissed her. It was returned sweetly. Friend and I then continued walking home where my wonderful wife and two children were. Not a word had been spoken. My friend asked who that was. I told him I didn't know. But you kissed her. Yes. He asked why. I told him because she wanted to be kissed. It was that simple. The thought of cheating on my wife never entered my mind. I didn't run around. In the 35 years we were married I never dated another woman. But I still remember that kiss.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:21 pm
Wow!
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:24 pm
I feel like I wanna just grab someboy and kiss em' now. Smile
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:28 pm
<shouting, waving arms furiously>

Over here! Yoohooo! Broookieeee!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:31 pm
>>>Jumping in front of Kicky<<< Brooke! Over here!! Me, me!!

Oops.....did I just say that out loud??
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:42 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
>>>Jumping in front of Kicky<<< Brooke! Over here!! Me, me!!

Oops.....did I just say that out loud??

Shocked Now that's an offer I haven't had ...errrrr - ummm - at least not in a very long time.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/notme.gif

Ahhh what the heck. Grabs Bella and Kicky both..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/multikiss.gif
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:46 pm
Sweeeetttt.....a Brooke sammich!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:49 pm
This might be the single greatest moment of my life.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:49 pm
Go ahead Brooke. It's therapeutic. Oddly enough the same friend many months later came to me with his cousin Sally. At the time I was night manager at a theater besides working full time managing a camera store. I had met Sally before but unlike her usual self she was moody and withdrawn. Friend and I talked and she just stood there. There was something going on and I didn't have a clue what it was. Then I reached out to hold her hand and pulled her gently onto my lap and kissed her. She put her arm around me and leaned her head on my shoulder. After about ten minutes friend took Sally to rejoin some friends across the street.
About an hour later he returned to tell me he knew I could do it. "Do what?" I asked. He then told me her boyfriend had just dumped her that night. She was beating herself to death wondering what she'd done wrong. She hadn't done a thing. He saw a pretty skirt and like chaff in the wind was gone. Anyway my friend could do nothing to console her. After they left she was animated again and had come out of her malaise. Makes you ponder, doesn't it?
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:52 pm
Kicky...

Nice threesome, eh? Cool

Bella? I wouldn't be walking around with that B-I-G and L-O-N-G looking bannana you got there. Kicky's having a few ummm - insecurities. :wink:
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:54 pm
Bob - that is simply awesome. Your dear sweet heart sure does shine though sometimes. And this is one of those times.

If I was ever within eyeshot of you and you thought I needed a kiss - please feel free to do so! :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:04 pm
For you Kicky.... with all the love I can muster
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:13 pm
it worms the cockles
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:37 pm
OMG Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 02:11 am
Oh Bob...both of those tales recanted were wonderful! A kiss can be so magical! It does not surprise me at all that you took the malaise right from Sally in a heartbeat!......Oh baybee...just read my lips! Smile
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 02:41 am
Hi Lady J

When you think of it a kiss really is a wonderful thing. I can't help wondering what ancient ancestor first used it to express affection or passion. Whoever it may have have been, I would personally like to thank him/her for finding this marvelous non verbal communication that has meant so much to so many. What a shame there's no history of the kiss available to read as I'm sure it would be a best seller.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 01:10 pm
Hi Bob,

I never really thought about it before, but there probably isn't any real history regarding the kiss. What a shame. I am going to start googling just the same, just in case....

And I am definitely with you. I would love to thank the person that first brought their soft lips to anothers in tender affection. So much spoken without a single word.

Sure there are other kisses....we kiss our kids, we kiss our folks, we kiss our brother and or sister and our best friends (at least I do)....but the romantic kiss? The one that always takes my breath away and makes my heart skip a beat? I think that beats all. And truly good kissing is an art. I don't think everyone is born a good kisser, but I think everyone can learn to be a good kisser with lots of practice. Smile
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 01:20 pm
I think the reason there isn't any history of the kiss is the same reason there isn't any history of doing it face to face. It's a natural human instinct, isn't it? Or am I wrong here? I wonder if there is any group or culture on earth that doesn't kiss.
0 Replies