Do the Dems hate Wall Street?

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 12:48 pm
Quote:
I believe there is a south American country that serves as the model that the US uses for SSI privatization.

Why is it assumed that a South American country's GDP, politics, legislation, population, and the myriad other differing statistics, would be identical to the U.S. in gauging how SSI privatization would work this country?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 12:55 pm
Argentina has privatization.

http://www.cbo.gov/showdoc.cfm?index=1065&sequence=6
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 12:58 pm
Edit: I changed my mind about making this post.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:00 pm
Einherjar:

Don't even bother. Trust me.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:06 pm
Einherjar wrote:
I'll make this short

RexRed wrote:
Increased ownership brings increased competition which leads to a higher standard of social security, greater prosperity, health and economic strength.

How so?

A disabled persons net worth increases 700% if they buy their own house and do not spend their monthly check on a rental apartment. This is just one example.

A disabled friend of mine just sold the house their disability check and tenant money bought them and made a profit of $100.000 dollars.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:09 pm
RexRed wrote:

Oh, yeah, and THEY'RE the mirror spittin' image of the U.S.... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:13 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Oh, yeah, and THEY'RE the mirror spittin' image of the U.S.... Laughing

So are you saying we cannot learn a thing from Argentina's own experience? And a mass of data from other countries who have attempted other measures. Why? Maybe because their SSI was going or had gone broke too.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:20 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Einherjar:

Don't even bother. Trust me.

Cycloptichorn

An axe to grind?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:21 pm
RexRed wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Oh, yeah, and THEY'RE the mirror spittin' image of the U.S.... Laughing

So are you saying we cannot learn a thing from Argentina's own experience? And a mass of data from other countries who have attempted other measures. Why? Maybe because their SSI was going or had gone broke too.

Rolling Eyes

http://www.cepr.net/argentina_and_ss_privatization.htm

I believe we can learn quite a bit from Argentina's experience, don't you?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:21 pm
Einherjar wrote:
Edit: I changed my mind about making this post.

Drones...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:22 pm
There's no axe; you seem to think that you have me angered somehow.

I'm not mad at you at all. I just don't wish to discuss things with someone who doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. I'm sure you don't feel that you don't know what the hell you are talking about; but you sure haven't displayed that here in any way. Your empty generalities don't do anything than tell people what your opinion is, and frankly, we don't CARE what your opinion is.

Good day.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:22 pm
It is just me or has this thread pretty much died out in a haze of blind neoconservative ideology?

Drones? You would know, Rex...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:30 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I'm not mad at you at all. I just don't wish to discuss things with someone who doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. I'm sure you don't feel that you don't know what the hell you are talking about; but you sure haven't displayed that here in any way. Your empty generalities don't do anything than tell people what your opinion is, and frankly, we don't CARE what your opinion is.

Good day.

Cycloptichorn

WE? Who are WE? The third riche?
The difference is, I care what your opinion is but I think it is "incorrect". I am the better for it. Much of what you post is tailored to fit your own ideologue. It is evident, the slander, to those who step back from your obsession and focus to reality for a moment.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:32 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Good day.

Cycloptichorn

I had no problem understanding what he was saying. I had no trouble following his logic, which was actually quite sound. Perhaps your hysterical blindness temporarily clouded your vision and you couldn't quite make out the words. Is that a possibility?

Anyways, you do not speak for anyone other than yourself, perhaps you should edit your post to say "I don't CARE what your opinion is."...
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:33 pm
RexRed wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Good day.

Cycloptichorn

WE? Who are WE? The third riche?
The difference is, I care what your opinion is but I think it is "incorrect". I am the better for it. Much of what you post is tailored to fit your own ideologue. It is evident, the slander, to those who step back from your obsession and focus to reality for a moment.

Clearly divorced from reality...

Good day.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:52 pm
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:53 pm
FoxNews Mort Kondracke

"Fundamental problem is the democrats don't trust markets... and over time, as Chuck Hagel points out in his speech when he introduced his plan... Every single index fund that you could imagine whether it is the stock fund or a blended fund or a bond fund always makes more money over time, even during depression, than the social security trust fund."
0 Replies