cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 02:16 pm
Well, lookee here, it's exactly the kind of collection of science by a creationist. "Copyright © 2005 by Kent R. Rieske, B.Sc., and Bible Life Ministries. All Rights Reserved." Does this guy have an agenda? You betcha.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 02:57 pm
not2Know--There is so much fake crap in that link that its hard to know where to begin.
It wants a Young Earth, but if you go to the Geology Link "Creation Geology" or how to lose a massive fortune by drilling for oil where the Bible wants us to"

The Geology link stipulates that The Pleistocene Holocene boundary was about 10000 years ago. Then it clams up about the 560 million years of life since the basal Cambrian. The Creationist geologists have gotta be total idiots. They NEED to have the world be young,so the best way is to STAY OUT OF THE FIELD-We may find evidence that gives use some ajida .

Flood? who sees evidence of a flood? Even Austen and Wise keep their damn mouths shut . They still want to have some credibility left from their Phds.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 07:04 pm
Farmerman,

I want to thank you again for all your geological and other science posts. I like to think I have a basic understanding of the sciences but your posts always leave me feeling like I know a little bit more for having read them.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 08:14 pm
farmerman wrote:
not2Know--There is so much fake crap in that link that its hard to know where to begin.
It wants a Young Earth, but if you go to the Geology Link "Creation Geology" or how to lose a massive fortune by drilling for oil where the Bible wants us to"

The Geology link stipulates that The Pleistocene Holocene boundary was about 10000 years ago. Then it clams up about the 560 million years of life since the basal Cambrian. The Creationist geologists have gotta be total idiots. They NEED to have the world be young,so the best way is to STAY OUT OF THE FIELD-We may find evidence that gives use some ajida .

Flood? who sees evidence of a flood? Even Austen and Wise keep their damn mouths shut . They still want to have some credibility left from their Phds.
I certainly couldn't hope to match your boundless knowledge of geology. But I do feel qualified to point out a flaw in the typical creationist argument: Nowhere is the length of a creative day specified. How long is a day? I'll give a hint. The seventh day has not yet ended. So, take your time.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 08:42 pm
That interpretation works pretty well.

Symbolism and allegory in all it's glory
holds more truth than a theoretical apple falling on my hypothetical head.

When each thing is taken the right way,
God rest ye merry, gentlemen, let nothing you dismay.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 08:44 pm
neologist, Argue with your own kind about the 24 hour days of creation. Refute what you can from this link, and let us know your side of the 'arguement.' http://www.scripturessay.com/q31.html
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 08:50 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
neologist, Argue with your own kind about the 24 hour days of creation. Refute what you can from this link, and let us know your side of the 'arguement.' http://www.scripturessay.com/q31.html
Already refuted. Seventh day has not ended. Who would listen to a clergyman anyway?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 10:28 pm
Since you claim the "Seventh day has not ended," show us proof. More mumbo-jumbo, I expect.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 02:37 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Since you claim the "Seventh day has not ended," show us proof. More mumbo-jumbo, I expect.
Forgive me, your arrogancy. Each of the first six days is referred to as having come to an end. ("Then God saw that it was good. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, etc.") The seventh is not so described. I now humbly retreat that I may argue with my own kind. You may continue with your leavened locutions and obtuse orations.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 06:29 am
neologist. I will accept your "day" function, that ,as you know, requires some interpretive skills to "decode" the Bible. Weve been saying all along that the Bible is an exercise in metaphor, myth, and moral lessons. It was never intended to be a "science text".
The only statements in Genesis that provide any problems when we go from facts to Biblical allegory and metaphor, are those about the order of Creation and , of course, where did Cains wife come from?
0 Replies

xtc

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:14 am
"There is no theory of evolution. Evolution is a fact. The theory is of how it happened."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:17 am
Bravo . . . or, perhaps, Brava . . . in any event, a wonderful debut . . . welcome to the monkey house . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 08:26 am
farmerman wrote:
neologist. I will accept your "day" function, that ,as you know, requires some interpretive skills to "decode" the Bible. Weve been saying all along that the Bible is an exercise in metaphor, myth, and moral lessons. It was never intended to be a "science text".
The only statements in Genesis that provide any problems when we go from facts to Biblical allegory and metaphor, are those about the order of Creation and , of course, where did Cains wife come from?
I Have only awe and respect for your seemingly unlimited understanding of natural history. In the short time I have been a forum member I have dearly enjoyed being sharpened by the likes of you and Setanta. That is the purpose of the forum, is it not? Additionally, I have discovered a curious disability in my fellow believers: Many seem to be as deficient in sense of humor as they are in logical development.

That being said, I was forced to abandon my usual decorum as I responded to C I. I meant no disrespect, mind you. All I was trying to do was interject a spirit of repartee into the thread.

BTW, Cain obviously married one of his sisters, which would not have had the disastrous consequences we might expect from modern sibling marriages. They were the children of once perfect parents
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:26 am
neologist, My posts directed to you is not disrespect; they are straight questions of statements you have made claiming orange equals apples. Once god supposedly created light (the earth's sun), earth has been based on 24 hour days. Your continuation of the seventh day is hogwash, and you know it. This isn't disrespect; it's calling your bullshit what it is.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:43 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
neologist, My posts directed to you is not disrespect; they are straight questions of statements you have made claiming orange equals apples. Once god supposedly created light (the earth's sun), earth has been based on 24 hour days. Your continuation of the seventh day is hogwash, and you know it. This isn't disrespect; it's calling your bullshit what it is.
Let's hear more from the bible scholar. How the is a day to be interpreted in these instances: Genesis 2:4; 2 Peter 3:8; Ezekiel 4:6? Obviously, a man of your great learning won't need the quotations. I mean no disrespect; its just calling your otiose utterance of obfuscation what it is.

It's been like this since my great grandfather's day. Y'know.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:51 am
In the Hebrew language, "yom" means a 24 hour day.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:58 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
In the Hebrew language, "yom" means a 24 hour day.
Didn't look up the scriptures, did you? Here's Genesis 2:4: "This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time of their being created, in the day that God made earth and heaven." The seven days are here compressed into one. 168 hours, right?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:59 am
You tell me; I'm not a "biblical scholar."
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 10:02 am
yeqah tell us.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 10:02 am
Have a cool one, C.I.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/pepsi.gif