cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 08:58 pm
Oh, but the chimp is smarter...
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 09:32 pm
In Arthur C. Clarke's Rama, simps are super chimps, genetically enhanced simians that weigh less than 30kg, consume half the oxygen and food needed by a human, but can do the job of 2.75 men in domestic affairs, elementary cooking, tool transportation and a dozen other routine tasks.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 09:40 pm
Setanta wrote:
And what created that? Etc., ad infinitum . . . entia non sunt multiplicanda, the argument for god as first cause is not logically necessary.

What, what created "unconscious"?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 09:42 pm
Jacques Daniel
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 09:45 pm
farmerman wrote:
Jacques Daniel

Haha, that "makes" one unconscious not "creates" unconscious... Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 09:49 pm
Unconsciousness is the only myth...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 09:53 pm
youve lost me again rex.
What does "created unconscious" mean in english?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 10:14 pm
farmerman wrote:
youve lost me again rex.
What does "created unconscious" mean in english?

It is an oxymoron, unconsciousness fundamentally can not be created. Because it takes consciousness to create. Something cannot "create" itself. Consciousness cannot be created because consciousness is conscious. Unconsciousness cannot create.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 10:24 pm
RexRed wrote:
Something cannot "create" itself.
You'll have a lot of explaining to do then for anyone who posits self-awareness.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 11:04 pm
Chumly wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Something cannot "create" itself.
You'll have a lot of explaining to do then for anyone who posits self-awareness.

Nothing can be recreated or made over.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 11:57 pm
RexRed wrote:
The characteristics of a sine wave contradict your sophistical claim.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 06:26 am
Can you post in here without reading the previous 1000ish pages ?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 06:41 am
BDVIf youre assuming that the previous 1000 pages will help, forget it. Ill try to summarize them for you so you can just jump in

1 We werent evolved, God made us

2 OH YEH?
3 Yeh
5 OH YEH?
6 YEH
& IF GOD MADE US , WHAT ABOUT ALL THIS EVIDENCE

8 YOURE STUDID IF YOU BELIEVE SCIENCE

9 OH YEH?
10 YEH
1 OH YEH?
12 OK HOWCOME DNA IS ALL OVER THE PLACE
13 OH YEH?
!4 YEH
15 THE BIBLE IS ALL WET
16 OH YEH?
17 YEH
18 YOURE A MORON
I9 YEH,I CAN QUOTE LONG PASSAGES IN THE BIBLE AND THEY PROVE
THAT WE WERE CREATED
20 OH YEH?
21 YEH

=====
I may have missed a few minor details but thats pretty much it.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 07:57 am
Bloody hell, looked through a few pages and there is some crap spoken in here, anyway heres a few questions of my own, if someone from both sides of the fence could answer for me....

1) if it takes millions of years for light from other stars to reach us then how is the earth only 6000 years old? Especially when genesis quite clearly states that heaven and earth came at the same time

2) how did the earth get created first? surely basic physics dictates that the sun should have come first, and as the Bible states "God" made the heavens and earth first, assuming "Heaven" is the stars, then he got it wrong as the stars are suns, so he created them at the same time.

3) Why is there water before creation ? surely if there was no sun then it would be ice as the temp would be absolute zero, or was earth held in an incubator ?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 08:37 am
fm wrote-

Quote:
BDVIf youre assuming that the previous 1000 pages will help, forget it. Ill try to summarize them for you so you can just jump in

I must say that I am at a loss to understand your participation if that characterisation of the thread is how you feel about it.

There is a great deal to be learned from this thread and a few others I could mention although I can see that anyone with such a cynical viewpoint as you express is probably not in a proper state of mind to take advantage of it.

The thread exists as a fact in the world and it is therefore of interest to anyone with a true scientific cast of mind. All facts in the world endlessly fascinate the true scientist and only time gets in the way of his curiousity being exercised on all of them. Even if your description is true it would remain a matter of interest in respect of the mechanisms which needs must have brought it about. It is at bottom a severe criticism of the American educational system and the manner of discourse of what seem on the face of it to be fairly successful products of that system. Could your characterisation be extended, as is reasonable, to cover the whole of American discourse. Is that how you talk to each other in daily life. One needn't stretch one's imagination too far to think that it might well be a distinct possibilty. If one stretched a little further with that in mind one might begin to wonder if such an accepted and normal manner of discourse is a possible cause of some of your well known social ills. The assertion and the counter assertion which you symbolise so well usually progresses to louder voices, shouting, pushing and shoving and falling short of coming to blows not speaking to each other. (Aaaaahhhh!)

Your advice to BDV makes the assumption, and making assumptions is a prime characteristic of asserters, that he isn't very bright and will be put off participating in this thread. Whether you have a motive for putting him off I don't know but by participating in the thread he might eradicate for ever any feeling he may have of emigrating from Ireland which could be extremely useful for him.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 08:41 am
fm-

Now I have read BDV's contribution I might be persuaded that you did have a motive after all.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 08:44 am
spendi wrote:
"...as you express is probably not in a proper state of mind to take advantage of it."

It's ironic you fail to see that in your own writings. LOL
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 08:45 am
What you doin Spendy footy's on
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 09:03 am
Chumly wrote:
RexRed wrote:
The characteristics of a sine wave contradict your sophistical claim.

Are you again talking about obliterated terms again?

Can science "create or make" anything? They may design or form something, but create? Science needs to go back to kindergarden and learn basic terms.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 09:12 am
BDV wrote:
Bloody hell, looked through a few pages and there is some crap spoken in here, anyway heres a few questions of my own, if someone from both sides of the fence could answer for me....

1) if it takes millions of years for light from other stars to reach us then how is the earth only 6000 years old? Especially when genesis quite clearly states that heaven and earth came at the same time

Welcome to A2K BDV

Heaven and earth are words that describe energy (heavens) and matter (earth).

In the beginning God "created" energy and matter (which are both the same thing in different states).
0 Replies