RexRed

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 02:03 pm
Setanta wrote:
No, "god" only found it necessary to suspend all of the physicals laws of the cosmos it purportedly created in order to facilitate the good-old-fashioned biblical slaughter in which it delighted.

Wolf and Set,

God does not have to suspend the laws of physics to cause a sun flare and/or an aurora borealis during the span of a evening.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 02:14 pm
Yes God must break the laws of physics to do all of the above (including the stop the planet thing) , and no he cant do it. Prove me wrong
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 02:15 pm
How do you know this?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 02:16 pm
Chumly wrote:
Nice post! Particularly interesting about how the "predictive" ability of early religions gave them authority, and how religious wars might lead to the questioning of religious authority.

Any authority can be questioned religious or nonreligious on the grounds of morality and civility.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 02:18 pm
That only constitutes a dodge from any issue. We arent questioning "any" authority. Im questioning your source.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 02:20 pm
Chumly wrote:
How do you know this?
My post was directed to RR.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 02:20 pm
fm-

The laws of physics belong to the world of our observation within the limits of our world and didn't exist before we applied words and symbols to them.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 02:23 pm
now youre reading from the same pack of Kool Aid as rex.
The laws of physics are and were immutable, our heads merely ran into them at some point.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 02:29 pm
Right, since man has only been able to recently define some of the laws of physics Spendi would need to be able to explain:

1) how things got to be the way they are without these laws
2) how by man's observation of these laws they somehow came into existence
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 02:44 pm
farmerman wrote:
Yes God must break the laws of physics to do all of the above (including the stop the planet thing) , and no he cant do it. Prove me wrong

God knew with his foreknowledge that a sun flare would give Joshua the upper hand in the battle. God showed Joshua the glory to come. Just as he can give us visions of victory to help us endure our own battles through life.

Ac 2:23
Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Comment:
So do you still call it "sunrise" FM?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 02:47 pm
FM hasn't called it "sunrise."

Where did you come up with that "sun flare" horsesh!t, Rex . . . you been smokin' that wacky weed again?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 03:09 pm
Setanta wrote:

Where did you come up with that "sun flare" horsesh!t, Rex . . . you been smokin' that wacky weed again?

I imagine the notion was drug out of the same place from which it appears Rex draws mosta his notions; from where the sun don't shine.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 03:14 pm
heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

okbye
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 03:48 pm
RR
Quote:
Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

All this too is on the pack of Cherry Kool Aid that Jim Jones passed around. Its not even evidence. Its like we all are talking way past each other.
Many of people on here are talking sense and you are merely pulling ouit quotes from some minor literarture text that has little if any bearing on the way things work.
Quote:
God knew with his foreknowledge that a sun flare would give Joshua the upper hand in the battle.
can you say "this is so much crap its even hard for me (rex red) to buy ?"
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 06:07 pm
Setanta wrote:

The Bible says the sun and moon were both up at the same time so if it was at the time when it was "usually" night the natural explanation would be a sun flare/southern lights/aurora borealis. These phenomenon are rare but they do occur none the less.

Jos 10:13
And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 06:49 pm
Rex, ever ask yourself why there is no mention of anything resembling any such circumstance anywhere outside of that particular bit of the Abrahamic Mythopaeia? No similar reference in the known documents and legends of any contemporary or near-contemporary culture?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 07:11 pm
farmerman wrote:
RR
Quote:

All this too is on the pack of Cherry Kool Aid that Jim Jones passed around. Its not even evidence. Its like we all are talking way past each other.
Many of people on here are talking sense and you are merely pulling ouit quotes from some minor literarture text that has little if any bearing on the way things work.
Quote:
God knew with his foreknowledge that a sun flare would give Joshua the upper hand in the battle.
can you say "this is so much crap its even hard for me (rex red) to buy ?"

You don't have to "buy" anything, you need to just have a little faith FM. God is not trying to sell you something he is trying to give you a gift.

The "gift" of holy spirit.

In the Bible it was this holy spirit that enabled Joshua to obtain revelation from God. Your argument is with God not me, I did not write the book.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 07:24 pm
RexRed wrote:
Your argument is with God not me, I did not write the book.

It looks like you're gonna have to speak to Rex's supervisor FM Smile

It's just like calling customer service, the first thing you have to do is ask for the supervisor. The front line people only know how to *read* you the manual, they don't even attempt to understand what you're telling them. And when they do attempt to understand something it's usually a train wreck, followed by another rendition of the manual.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 07:29 pm
"We will place you on hold with music until the supervisor is available, your call is important to us, to us, to us...."

Theres a hell for ya. "customer service line" and on hold with Barry Phuckin Manilow's GREATEST HITS
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 08:24 pm
farmerman wrote:

FM,

Joshua was not supposed to win in the battle... he was outnumbered and there was no other advantage for him unless the sun continued to shine. Joshua believed God and the sun continued to shine. God planned for the sun to flare on that day before he made the universe. God knew that Joshua would believe and so he planned for Joshua's deliverance in advance. God did not have to change the laws of physics he just has to pre plan and steer events so they turned out in favor of righteousness.
0 Replies