RexRed

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:40 pm
Try to KEEP body soul and spirit in mind and NOW read this and UNDERSTAND it.

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Comment:
After I learned body, soul and spirit this book Ephesians changed my life. It was the only place in the world where that truth emanated deeply. I encourage anyone to re-read Ephesians (and all of the other epistles) with the NEW understanding of BSS and FMC (formed made created).

Now you should be able to understand the Bible.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:57 pm
Genesis 3:19
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

(Body)
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:01 pm
Genesis 7:15
And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life. [Methane and flatulence] Smile

(Soul)
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:09 pm
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh [body] and blood [soul], but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual [????] wickedness in high places.

SPIRIT
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:15 pm
Ahooga!

Cheer up please you all the world is suddenly upside right?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:21 pm
I am a cult. Can you believe truth is a cult?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 09:12 pm
So talk about the physical mundane and ignore the spiritual creative?
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 01:05 am
Rex,
You seem to enjoy talking (ranting like a lunatic) to yourself.

Do you really think you are on to some truth that the rest of the world is somehow oblivious too?

Really?

Therapy. Look into it.
You are not well in the head.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 05:09 am
rex
Quote:
Comment:
After I learned body, soul and spirit this book Ephesians changed my life. It was the only place in the world where that truth emanated deeply. I encourage anyone to re-read Ephesians (and all of the other epistles) with the NEW understanding of BSS and FMC (formed made created).
My only comment is that your are easily convinced.
Your "belief" in evolution is phoney because its predicated upon some Biblical drivvle that makes demands of its followers without any reciprocal surety.
I tend to agree with the good Doktor, you should look into other realities.

Youve just posted 11posts in a row withot any responses, and each one gets a little more bizarre. Did you ever think that its not us that need help to understand reality??

Imserious, you need to seek some therapy, youre scaring me and we dont want to appear cold and callous. We do care about you,.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 07:34 am
Despite my words being critical of RR, I do think he is well intentioned - if deluded, among other things - He seems focused on this thread to secure his congregation for endless running at the mouth style preaching. That's why this will be my last stopping in. Been watching a train wreck that's taking far too long to settle in its own heap.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 08:48 am
You are too kind fm.

I think Rex produced 11 consequite posts in order to bury this onto a page where new readers are unlikely to see it-

Quote:
Rex-

That conclusion from those premisses is ridiculous. Only someone who believes those premisses can come to those conclusions.

You might have said "Thus I believe the spiritual reality is different from the soul reality." Not just "Thus".

And you are still only up to where you came in.

When you answer that post of mine I might take you more seriously. It is pointless to argue against asserted beliefs.

It is a belief to think there is actually soul and spirit in the first place never mind that there is a difference between them. Some would say that such beliefs are somewhat egotistical in that anybody who thinks they know anything at all about these matters is getting a bit above himself.

Now if you were to talk about the spirit and the soul of our culture, of which you are a miniscule part, as it is manifested in our symbolism and in our highest actions you might begin to make some headway. As it is you are running on the spot like those long gone cultures from whose writings you quote.

He knows he has no answer and he knows that the only method on A2K of gagging opponents is to do what he's done and rely on it being forgotten. Quite cynical. Nothing well intentioned about it.

If I remember correctly farmerman has experienced something similar in the flesh where he could be hustled out of the room and have the door shut on him with a few jests to settle the seekers down.

Rex has found what he has sought. A platform on which to describe his own soul and parade its superiority. And he knows full well that the concept of "soul" is forever inaccesible to investigations of any sort. His rhetoric is the only substance left.

My problem with Rex is that he discredits the deep religious mysticism which pervades the being streams of Western man and which drives us to reach for the stars and pull the moon down from its perch and play golf on it by harking back to defunct cultural manifestations which are of no consequence to us.

He probably cannot understand our culture's manifested soul or,more likely, has recognised that many others can't and he sees a market niche ripe for exploitation in providing simple answers to their confusion drawn from a time when they didn't even have electric toothbrushes or little brightly coloured plastic umbrellas to place into lady's drinks to keep the rain out. In those days, unless you were rich, the rain pissed in through the roof and all over the straw in the bedding.

What cult founder ever avoided opportunities to grow and prosper.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 09:07 am
RR imagines he is starting his own cult of which Christianity was considered considered in the beginning. It's a stew made of meat, carrots, nuts, bolts, bird feathers, frog eyeballs. If this sounds like voodoo, well, you're right.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 11:45 am
RexRed wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Heb 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

But who can ever forget:

"Therefore, he who has any of the following defects may not come
forward: he who is blind, or lame, or who has any disfigurement
or malformation, or crippled foot or hand....he may not approach
the veil nor go up to the altar on account of these defects; he
shall not profane these things that are sacred to me, for it is
I, the Lord, who make them sacred." Leviticus 21:18ff

Frank,

The OT people could not see spiritually all they could see were the defects of the flesh...

Like you Frank, you cannot see spiritually (NT) all you can see are the defects of the flesh (OT)...

You post fleshly scriptures having to do with the body yet you are oblivious to the scriptural matters of the spirit and soul.

At Leviticus 21:16ff, the god of the Bible "spoke to Moses, saying"...

..."No man of your descendants in succeeding generations, who has any defect, may approach to offer the bread of his God.

For any man who has a defect shall not approach: a man blind or lame, who has a marred face or any limb too long, a man who has a broken foot or broken hand, or is a hunchback or a dwarf, or a man who has a defect in his eye, or eczema or scab, or is a eunuch.

No man of the descendants of Aaron the priest, who has a defect shall come near to offer the offerings made by fire to the Lord. He has a defect; he shall not come near to offer the bread of his God.

He may eat the bread of his God, both the most holy and the holy, only he shall not go near the veil or approach the altar, because he has a defect, lest he profane My sanctuaries, for I the Lord sanctify them."

Here's some follow up from the New Testament:

"All under the yoke of slavery must regard their masters as worthy of full respect...Those slaves whose masters are brothers in the faith must not take liberties with them on that account. they must perform their tasks even more faithfully, since those who will profit from their work are believers and beloved brothers." 1 Timothy 6:1ff

"To slaves I say, obey your human masters perfectly, not with the purpose of attracting attention and pleasing men, but in all sincerity and our of reverence for the Lord." Colossians 3:22

"Slaves are to be submissive to their masters. They should try to please them in every way, not contradicting them nor stealing from them, but expressing a constant fidelity by their conduct, so as to adorn in every way possible the doctrine of God our Savior." Titus 2:9

"The general rule is that each one should lead the life the Lord has assigned him, continuing as he was when the Lord called him...Were you a slave when your call came? Give it no thought. Even supposing you could go free, you would be better off making the most of your slavery...." 1 Corinthians 7:17ff

WAKE UP, REX.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 11:56 am
Some neat advice about knowing what not to do for jet-setters and whizz-kids eh?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 12:42 pm
Neat advice for Nazis and slave traders.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 07:54 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

But who can ever forget:

Frank,

The OT people could not see spiritually all they could see were the defects of the flesh...

Like you Frank, you cannot see spiritually (NT) all you can see are the defects of the flesh (OT)...

You post fleshly scriptures having to do with the body yet you are oblivious to the scriptural matters of the spirit and soul.

..."No man of your descendants in succeeding generations, who has any defect, may approach to offer the bread of his God.

For any man who has a defect shall not approach: a man blind or lame, who has a marred face or any limb too long, a man who has a broken foot or broken hand, or is a hunchback or a dwarf, or a man who has a defect in his eye, or eczema or scab, or is a eunuch.

No man of the descendants of Aaron the priest, who has a defect shall come near to offer the offerings made by fire to the Lord. He has a defect; he shall not come near to offer the bread of his God.

He may eat the bread of his God, both the most holy and the holy, only he shall not go near the veil or approach the altar, because he has a defect, lest he profane My sanctuaries, for I the Lord sanctify them."

"All under the yoke of slavery must regard their masters as worthy of full respect...Those slaves whose masters are brothers in the faith must not take liberties with them on that account. they must perform their tasks even more faithfully, since those who will profit from their work are believers and beloved brothers." 1 Timothy 6:1ff

"To slaves I say, obey your human masters perfectly, not with the purpose of attracting attention and pleasing men, but in all sincerity and our of reverence for the Lord." Colossians 3:22

"Slaves are to be submissive to their masters. They should try to please them in every way, not contradicting them nor stealing from them, but expressing a constant fidelity by their conduct, so as to adorn in every way possible the doctrine of God our Savior." Titus 2:9

"The general rule is that each one should lead the life the Lord has assigned him, continuing as he was when the Lord called him...Were you a slave when your call came? Give it no thought. Even supposing you could go free, you would be better off making the most of your slavery...." 1 Corinthians 7:17ff

WAKE UP, REX.

And Frank what would you call the 7 several million Mexican migrants who clean toilets and pick lettuce? Citizens?

You are the one with blinders on...

The Bible defines a "slave" with a body, soul and spirit too... think about that Frank...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 10:51 pm
Now that you understand body, soul and spirit you may be able to understand this.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond [slave] nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Comment:
We are ONE spiritually.

The old testament is an example of people who were spiritually inept and it was Christ Jesus who corrected this spiritual deficiency. (Although the pagan world was even more barbaric at the time.)

Thus this is why there was a NEW testament because the old testament was deficient in testifying of the newly acquired spiritual deposit of Christ.

The law was crude and was only a temporary guide UNTIL the spirt fully came.

I find the stoning of homosexuals very barbaric BUT considering adulterers befell the exact same fate well I don't see it as being for the sake of the act so much as the health risks promiscuous sex posed upon a small desert tribal community.

As for the person with "blemish" not being able to approach the holy of holies this is because their spirituality was based upon their physical deeds. In today's church our spirituality is not dependant upon our own deeds but the deeds of Christ and the deeds of God creating spirit within us.

We are saved by the grace of God and not of our own works.

If we were saved by our own works none of us would make it in. Smile

It is the "gift" of holy spirit and a gift is not worked for or then it would be the repayment or wages of the holy spirit.

Again I am not telling you this is the "truth" (although I believe it is) but I am saying this it the truth of the Bible. It only takes a bit of digging to make some of these seemingly "barbaric" passages to somehow make sense considering the ancient times which we are today totally unfamiliar with experientially.

I do not fault you Frank for bringing up these questionable scriptures and if they were to be understood on face value alone, and believed, Then yes the world would be in peril. These scriptures you quote Frank do not reflect the true Christianity of the Bible.

But there is more to the biblical story of the OT God than meets the eye.

There are two gods in the Hebrew Bible Frank, not only one...

One is the "god (theos) of this world" (devil) and the other is the "one true God"...

Lucifer was given dominion over the earth by Adam so lucifer became a god over the OT peoples.. and they were unable to discern the difference spiritually. They did have some spiritual ability but it was limited and some had "double" portion of spirit but it was still missing much of it's functionality.

This was why Lucifer could cause the flood but the Bible says "God" did it...

The flood wasn't caused because there was too much evil on the earth and God couldn't stand it anymore... it was caused so lucifer could try to rid the world of the Christ seed/line so Jesus Christ couldn't be born.

The devil would rather have lived on a humanless planet than to take the chance of the promised seed (prophesied by God in the Eden story) being born.

So when we look at the flood story with "spiritual" eyes we see it was not God who opened the portals of heaven and flooded mankind it was the God of this world (prince of the power of the air).

So WHICH God delivered the law Frank? The God of this world or the one true God?

2Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Comment:
Another thing, I have heard it proposed that Moses "stuttered" and Aaron did most of his public speaking yet he was the best the world had to offer at the time for a prophet. ALSO the words of a prophet are often subject to the prophet's own will.

1Corinthians 14:32
And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.Comment:
God knew what Moses would write but it does not necessarily mean it came from God...
It shows Moses's spiritual state of mind and this was exactly what God wanted us to see...

God has shown us what life is like when it is perceived on mostly a physical level (Moses). By seeing this crude physical legalistic level we are able by contrast to see the liberal spiritual level (Christ).
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 01:20 am
Just drink the kool-aid already.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 03:40 am
RexRed wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:

But who can ever forget:

Frank,

WAKE UP, REX.

And Frank what would you call the 7 several million Mexican migrants who clean toilets and pick lettuce? Citizens?

You are the one with blinders on...

The Bible defines a "slave" with a body, soul and spirit too... think about that Frank...

What the fuk does that have to do with the fact that YOUR GOD thinks there is nothing wrong with slavery????

What the fuk does that have to do with the fact that St. Paul suggests that slaves are slaves because YOUR GOD wants them to be slaves...and that they should embrace their slavery and keep it even if they have a chance to be rid themselves of it????

WAKE UP!!!!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 05:07 am
Rex wrote-

Quote:

What do you think they should be doing then?

Why are you avoiding me Rex? It is a form of censorship you know.
0 Replies