spendius

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:07 pm
LW wrote-

Quote:
The answer: they are stories that fascinate children -- unfortunately, of all ages.

You have obviously only taken cogniscence of the stories that fit your theory.

Gee-you must be a scientist.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:12 pm
Western minds trying to understand eastern thought.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:23 pm
On the earth, when you travel west you will always go westerly, when you travel east you always go easterly.

When you go north you eventually go south and then go north again.

There is infinity between east and west.

Ps 103:12
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Comment:

How far is the east from the west?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:30 pm
After reading the sardine chum on this page, Im glad I went fishing today.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:34 pm
farmerman wrote:
After reading the sardine chum on this page, Im glad I went fishing today.

Catch anything?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:40 pm
Of course.

A little fish that was swimming innocently by and hasn't evolved sufficienty yet to resist his lure even after millions of years.

He probably has it in either the frying pan or in his digestive tract or the freezer.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:58 pm
The mighty walleye. Caught some smalleys but we have to throw em back until mid-June.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 06:01 pm
You mean you stuck a hook into their top lip just to pass the time on.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 08:14 pm
Yes and apparently the smallmouth bass are illiterates. I had a sign on the shimmy shad bait that said "BAss need not bite"
0 Replies

Stevo2

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 08:42 pm
Hey Rex baby ... you're a bit of a bible basher or god botherer ... any chance of discussing evolution, which this forum is supposedly about, without quoting from the bible?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 09:52 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Mass, energy, space and time as we experience them came into being as we experience them with the emergence of and consequent developments from the singularity.

An assumption, since you admittedly do not know what it is you attempting to describe, nor any process by which it originated, nor under what conditions it arrived , existed or experienced the event you postulate with such blinding (to you) certainty.

And if you are correct, how (save the time frame postulated to be involved) does the initial moment of origin of time, space and matter appearing out of nothing which you propose differ from the initial act of creation of the universe out of nothing described in Genesis?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 10:06 pm
No assumption, rl, an observation consistent with accepted scientific law and theory. And the only "out of nothing" involved is your fixation on the notion that is what science, or I, have described; "nothing" is not the same as "other than currently we understand". The primary difference between the rational, evidence-based, logically consistent scientific explanation of the universe consequent to the singularity and the Genesis myth is that no myth, magic, fear, or superstition are involved in science's explanation. What you, not science or I, have, is nothing ... nothing, that is, apart from preconceived notions, absurd, ignorance-based postulations, and staggering misunderstanding.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 10:49 pm
Stevo2 wrote:
Hey Rex baby ... you're a bit of a bible basher or god botherer ... any chance of discussing evolution, which this forum is supposedly about, without quoting from the bible?

Yea and No, this is a "religion and spirituality" thread... You most certainly can talk about evolution and I will talk about evolution and God and quote scriptures when and where I find it necessary. You may quote Darwin and you do not hear me complaining... There are science areas on A2K if you are put into convulsions at the hearing of the Bible...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 11:04 pm
I try not to just insert scriptures that are not relative to what point I am making.

I quote scriptures to show that what I am saying is in harmony to what is written.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 11:05 pm
timberlandko wrote:
No assumption, rl, an observation consistent with accepted scientific law and theory. And the only "out of nothing" involved is your fixation on the notion that is what science, or I, have described; "nothing" is not the same as "other than currently we understand". The primary difference between the rational, evidence-based, logically consistent scientific explanation of the universe consequent to the singularity and the Genesis myth is that no myth, magic, fear, or superstition are involved in science's explanation. What you, not science or I, have, is nothing ... nothing, that is, apart from preconceived notions, absurd, ignorance-based postulations, and staggering misunderstanding.

It is quite funny to see you talk about science's 'explanation' when nothing has been explained. From hard evidence, not speculation tell us:

What was the 'singularity' you refer to?

From where did it originate?

How was it formed?

What preceded it?

What caused it to produce the result you describe?

The answer is : Dunno.

But you want to puff up about 'science's explanation'.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 11:29 pm
Who is a triangles father?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 11:45 pm
Was the big bang the beginning of the triangle?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 12:03 am
What we have to come to grips with is that the state of sociology is in shambles. That the real characteristics of how humans obtain information and what the sources of inspiration are remain still enigmatic to most.

Science can only use the facilities of the mind to speculate but as to the sources of truth science has not only missed the target but it's conclusions are erroneous.

The idea that the quanta can be some collective all knowing being perplexes the laws of science.

That God is a verb or wave or possibility and is a conundrum.

We as humans need to know why...

Why are we so distant from God?

Yet it seems this God is closer than our breath. Just above the surface of the fish pond reality we shall regain consciousness and realize this was just a wonderful dream and we will all live happily ever after.

Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 09:17 am
It's Sunday, so it's expected that RR would have a bad case of running off at the mouth disease, trying to break a record of subsequent number of posts. Could be you're getting poor response because your posts are mostly nonsense but that's also to be expected.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 09:23 am
I check in to see what timber, LW, Setanta, some others, are up to, but rex's posting has pretty well killed the thread for me.
0 Replies