Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 10:12 am
RexRed wrote:
Chumly wrote:
Real Life,
did god made the Labradoodle?

He most certainly did...

God MADE all life...

You contradict yourself with horsie poop like that--you've already stipulated that evolution is the process by which species diversity arises. Now you want to claim a direct creation of all life by your imaginary friend.

Small wonder that you have ZERO credibility here . . .
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 10:17 am
Setanta wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Chumly wrote:
Real Life,
did god made the Labradoodle?

He most certainly did...

God MADE all life...

You contradict yourself with horsie poop like that--you've already stipulated that evolution is the process by which species diversity arises. Now you want to claim a direct creation of all life by your imaginary friend.

Small wonder that you have ZERO credibility here . . .

God "made" the life part of the Labradoodle and he "formed" the body part...

Words have meaning even though we may place them in rather precarious subjections.

As my credibility is subject to other's perceptions and not always truth of what I meant.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 10:31 am
RexRed wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
Lunacy reigns.

Yes and isn't it bliss...

Lunacy is better than ignorance.

Only from the lunatic's perspective; the shroud of ignorance may be rent through knowledge, understanding, and reason, whereas lunacy, being a condition wholly satisfactory to those so endowed is ammenable to no such repair.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 10:35 am
Ge 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and [God "made"] man became a LIVING soul.

1Co 15:45
And so it is written, The first man Adam was MADE a living soul; the last Adam [Christ Jesus] was MADE a quickening spirit.

Formed Made Created

Body Soul Spirit

Set, I do try to stay consistent on this foundational distinction of terms.

They are not only Biblical but they are a scientific law (In my view.) that has yet to be broken.

Give this some thought and I appreciate you holding me to my words and logical constructs... Thx
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 10:37 am
Did God also "form" severely retarted and deformed children? He's so loving...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 10:46 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Did God also "form" severely retarted and deformed children? He's so loving...

Actually God used the earth (dust of the ground) to form the physical bodies of all creatures.

The "earth" is also caught in a spiritual conflict between good and evil. I believe this is because nature is also "alive". The earth has an independent spirit. It has it's own perception. It scratches itself when it itches and it forms bodies upon itself. Just as we have many organisms living on ourselves.

Though your question was cynical in nature (cutting towards God) it had logical merit.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 10:52 am
What kind of itch caused the Earth's spirit to "form" retarded people? What good and evil does the Earth have to balance? I wasn't aware that it made moral decisions... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 12:23 pm
Alright guys, back to work.

Quote:
Giant Crater Found: Tied to Worst Mass Extinction Ever Robert Roy Britt
Senior Science Writer
SPACE.com
Thu Jun 1, 8:00 PM ET

An apparent crater as big as Ohio has been found in Antarctica. Scientists think it was carved by a space rock that caused the greatest mass extinction on Earth, 250 million years ago.

The crater, buried beneath a half-mile of ice and discovered by some serious airborne and satellite sleuthing, is more than twice as big as the one involved in the demise of the dinosaurs.

The crater's location, in the Wilkes Land region of East Antarctica, south of Australia, suggests it might have instigated the breakup of the so-called Gondwana supercontinent, which pushed Australia northward, the researchers said.

"This Wilkes Land impact is much bigger than the impact that killed the dinosaurs, and probably would have caused catastrophic damage at the time," said Ralph von Frese, a professor of geological sciences at Ohio State University.

How they found itSmoking gun?
The Permian-Triassic extinction, as it is known, wiped out most life on land and in the oceans. Researchers have long suspected a space rock might have been involved. Some scientists have blamed volcanic activity or other culprits.

The die-off set up conditions that eventually allowed dinosaurs to rule the planet.

The newfound crater is more than twice the size of the Chicxulub crater in the Yucatan peninsula, which marks the impact that may have ultimately killed the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. The Chicxulub space rock is thought to have been 6 miles wide, while the Wilkes Land meteor could have been up to 30 miles wide, the researchers said.

Confirmation needed
Postdoctoral researcher Laramie Potts assisted in the discovery.

The work was financed by NASA and the National Science Foundation. The discovery, announced today, was initially presented in a poster paper at the recent American Geophysical Union Joint Assembly meeting in Baltimore.

The researchers say further work is needed to confirm the finding. One way to do that would be to go there and collect rock from the crater to see if its structure matches what would be expected from such a colossal impact.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 12:33 pm
Xingu,

Now that is what I mean by the earth having an "itch"...
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 01:31 pm
Rex, what does a meteor have to do with good and evil?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 07:15 pm
A random cosmological event (or events) could trigger pivotal environmental / ecological / evolutionary change. Random cosmological events are certainly exempt of biblical Creationism.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 07:40 pm
Be that as it may, Chum, I can't thinka much, biblical or otherwise, that might be exempt from the planetary impact of a few million cubic yards of mass weighing hundreds of millions of tons travelling at several tens of thousands of feet per second relative to the impacted planet ... that's gotta leave a helluva welt.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 08:15 pm
Oops, I did not word that as well as I should have, I meant biblical Creationism does not refer to cosmological events (meteor strikes, solar flares etc.) as being the cause.

Come to think of it however I guess if one was of the "correct faith" one would likely argue that "Random cosmological events are certainly exempt of biblical Creationism."
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 08:44 pm
That's not just an "itch," that's a cosmic haymaker.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 09:58 pm
So after a hit like from a meteor like that, what life survived?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 10:30 pm
God is math and geometry. God is powerful enough to cause the perception of God in our minds.

God can theoretically keep the soul and spirit after the body is gone.

God is or God is not.

If God is we gain everything if God is not we lose nothing... (Pascal)
0 Replies

Stevo2

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 10:38 pm
thunder_runner32: the monkeys survived ... and then they turned into us ... that's how creationists view evolution ...
i better go peel a banana ...
0 Replies