Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 11:54 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Rex, That's kumbaya...

Smile
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 05:57 am

Interesting article Rex.

What do you make of this comment in the article?

Quote:
Many researchers explain dog-breed diversity as the emergence of hidden traits in the genome. However, says Fondon, a more likely scenario is that genetic mutations occur in dogs at a high rate.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:17 am
rosborne979 wrote:

Interesting article Rex.

What do you make of this comment in the article?

Quote:
Many researchers explain dog-breed diversity as the emergence of hidden traits in the genome. However, says Fondon, a more likely scenario is that genetic mutations occur in dogs at a high rate.

I see the variation in dogs as evolution "within" a species or kind. I am not inferring that evolution does not occur outside of a species but it seems to rapidly change within a species more often than it does outside of a species. I don't know why researchers have not noted the diversity in canines sooner. I myself found the article interesting none the less. I find it weird, the change in snouts, to think that an evolutionary change can happen over just a few years. They are getting closer to really understanding evolution and when they do it will be a good day for medicine, and scientists can finally put down their axes and hatchets and get busy again in the lab. Again I will state that evolution does not disprove creation it just augments it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:47 am
The science of evolution does discount creation as described in the Old Testament. You can't reconcile that we came from lower life forms with the fantasy of the story of Genesis and because of the factual discoveries that evolution occurs as Darwin described. Trying to radically limit one's own scope of what evolution actually is so it fits their belief in poofism is an exercise in futility. To claim one actually understands any higher power is arrogant and egotistical.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:18 am
Rex, your most recent commentary discloses - as has been a constant theme throughout your related commentary - that you, in common with those of your persuasion, misconstrue or at the very most charitable misperceive what science has determined. What you and your like-minded compatriots present is not counterargument but evidence of lack of knowledge and understanding. Sorta like someone who's engineering experience is confined to Lego blocks arguing engine design with a degreed, experienced, accomplished, working mechanical engineer.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:24 am
Lightwizard wrote:
The science of evolution does discount creation as described in the Old Testament. You can't reconcile that we came from lower life forms with the fantasy of the story of Genesis and because of the factual discoveries that evolution occurs as Darwin described. Trying to radically limit one's own scope of what evolution actually is so it fits their belief in poofism is an exercise in futility. To claim one actually understands any higher power is arrogant and egotistical.

That is because both science and clergy have NEVER understood the Genesis story collectively. They take a literal overview and then make crude and rash conclusions. They do not look at the Biblical terminology with "integrity". And science gleefully follows the clergy into Biblical error. You may deny it but when a scientist tells you what "they think" the Bible says they will repeat word for word verbatim what the cleric has said. THEY ARE BOTH WRONG!

For example, they do not read statements like this "God "formed" man from the dust of the ground" and see EVOLUTION. It is not that evolution is not in the Bible but clergy and science are strangely, unable to see it. This baffles and vexes me. So they keep clinging to this "seven day" thing and do not even consider that there was time "before" the seven days. They cannot understand that different things have different beginnings. Body, soul and spirit - formed, made and created...

Science and clergy are equally bewitched by sloppy, poor biblical doctrine and interpretation. The Bible does not say WHEN God "formed" man or how God formed man but it says God formed man's body. It does not say God "made" man's body and it does not say God "created" man's body but it says God FORMED man's body. Why is the world so blind to this why do they make assumptions about a book that clearly is saying something different. How can so many people be wrong about a few little words.

I believe in evolution because it is to me clearly taught in the Bible. Not just because I believe evolution is proven by science but science has done much to corroborate their position on evolution with highly convincing evidence.

Yet science has a long way to go to understanding the spiritual part of the human. In this area the Bible is superior to science. Much of religion is also oblivious to the true human spiritual nature and powers that be.

There is room for humanity to evolve in simply learning to "read" effectually... And not see what they want to see but, to understand what is written and meant.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:29 am
timberlandko wrote:
Rex, your most recent commentary discloses - as has been a constant theme throughout your related commentary - that you, in common with those of your persuasion, misconstrue or at the very most charitable misperceive what science has determined. What you and your like-minded compatriots present is not counterargument but evidence of lack of knowledge and understanding. Sorta like someone who's engineering experience is confined to Lego blocks arguing engine design with a degreed, experienced, accomplished, working mechanical engineer.

What exact knowledge are you saying I lack? I am not implying that I understand evolution in depth but I do not doubt that it is the process that God chose to use to create the human form. I find it interesting that humans evolved amid such chaos as if we had a preordained destination.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:35 am
What is interesting is that the Bible attributess God as forming man/woman as if God is the external forces of natural selection.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:56 am
RexRed wrote:
What exact knowledge are you saying I lack? I am not implying that I understand evolution in depth but I do not doubt that it is the process that God chose to use to create the human form. I find it interesting that humans evolved amid such chaos as if we had a preordained destination.

That you assert some theologic construct be requisite to and operative in the process, assert that any "preordained destination" be involved, and imply that humanity represents any sort of special, as opposed to entirely natural, adaptive component of the evolutionary ladder precisely are the indicators of your lack of knowledge and understanding of science in general and evolution in particular, while your eccentric interpretations of the tenets derived from the Abrahamic Mythopaeia disclose a putatively Christian viewpoint at odds with millenia of Judaeo-Christian hermeneutics, exegisis, canonology, and philology. Yours is a unique, personal, and often bewilderingly contrarian position.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:18 am
timberlandko wrote:
RexRed wrote:

That you assert some theologic construct be requisite to and operative in the process, assert that any "preordained destination" be involved, and imply that humanity represents any sort of special, as opposed to entirely natural, adaptive component of the evolutionary ladder precisely are the indicators of your lack of knowledge and understanding of science in general and evolution in particular, while your eccentric interpretations of the tenets derived from the Abrahamic Mythopaeia disclose a putatively Christian viewpoint at odds with millenia of Judaeo-Christian hermeneutics, exegisis, canonology, and philology. Yours is a unique, personal, and often bewilderingly contrarian position.

Science and naturalists have dumbed down the world and extinguished the human spirit through ignorance and wrong teaching.

Has science cut God from the earthly equation for convenience sake alone? Because science can't see God? Well science could be wrong and the reason why we do not see God is because we have traded a spiritual path for a DEAD physical path.

What "boggles" (looking for a better word) you is that I can appreciate science and not be ignorant about it as a Christian. Yet I can still see God behind and within all of life and creation. This is the image that the Bible projects upon a believer. This is the evidence of faith. "The observable change". That, "knowledge", wisdom and discernment do have divine origins and are part of how we communicate with our spirit and ultimately God. "God's spirit teaches our spirit which teaches our mind". That is evolution... What science text book are you going to read that in? What human psychology book will explain this? NONE... It is more missing than the missing link.

Why? Because science has "dumbed down" the universe.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:23 am
You make up nonsense like this, and expect to be taken seriously. Amazing.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:24 am
Setanta wrote:
You make up nonsense like this, and expect to be taken seriously. Amazing.

Another accusation unsupported by a specific reason...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:29 am
I had a specific reason, and here it is:

Babbling as usual, Rex wrote:
Science and naturalists have dumbed down the world and extinguished the human spirit through ignorance and wrong teaching.

That is a statement without foundation. You're making things up. It is nonsense. Hence, i point out that you make up nonsense like that, and expect to be taken seriously. Amazing.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:34 am
Setanta wrote:
I had a specific reason, and here it is:

Babbling as usual, Rex wrote:

That is a statement without foundation. You're making things up. It is nonsense. Hence, i point out that you make up nonsense like that, and expect to be taken seriously. Amazing.

I still stand behind that statement. Amazing.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:37 am
Actually, i'm not amazed that you stand behind such drivel as that, only that you expect to be taken seriously.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:50 am
I expect Rex wishes to be taken seriously, though I'm less than convinced he expects to be.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:53 am
Good point . . . in a way, i'm relieved . . . i wouldn't want him to be unnecessarily disappointed in life.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 11:08 am
RexRed wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:

That is because both science and clergy have NEVER understood the Genesis story collectively. They take a literal overview and then make crude and rash conclusions. They do not look at the Biblical terminology with "integrity". And science gleefully follows the clergy into Biblical error. You may deny it but when a scientist tells you what "they think" the Bible says they will repeat word for word verbatim what the cleric has said. THEY ARE BOTH WRONG!

For example, they do not read statements like this "God "formed" man from the dust of the ground" and see EVOLUTION. It is not that evolution is not in the Bible but clergy and science are strangely, unable to see it. This baffles and vexes me. So they keep clinging to this "seven day" thing and do not even consider that there was time "before" the seven days. They cannot understand that different things have different beginnings. Body, soul and spirit - formed, made and created...

Science and clergy are equally bewitched by sloppy, poor biblical doctrine and interpretation. The Bible does not say WHEN God "formed" man or how God formed man but it says God formed man's body. It does not say God "made" man's body and it does not say God "created" man's body but it says God FORMED man's body. Why is the world so blind to this why do they make assumptions about a book that clearly is saying something different. How can so many people be wrong about a few little words.

I believe in evolution because it is to me clearly taught in the Bible. Not just because I believe evolution is proven by science but science has done much to corroborate their position on evolution with highly convincing evidence.

Yet science has a long way to go to understanding the spiritual part of the human. In this area the Bible is superior to science. Much of religion is also oblivious to the true human spiritual nature and powers that be.

There is room for humanity to evolve in simply learning to "read" effectually... And not see what they want to see but, to understand what is written and meant.

Wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Crick
0 Replies