Setanta

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 11:29 am
From the above linked article, Bertrand Russel's argument against first cause as a proof of god, from his 1927 essay, Why I am not a Christian:

"If everything must have a cause, then God must have a cause. If there can be anything without a cause, it may just as well be the world as God, so that there cannot be any validity in that argument. It is exactly of the same nature as the Hindu's view, that the world rested upon an elephant and the elephant rested upon a tortoise; and when they said, "How about the tortoise?" the Indian said, "Suppose we change the subject." The argument is really no better than that."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 11:33 am
Many years ago, there was the cheaply printed series of Little Blue Books and Big Blue Books. One was a reprint of B Russell's Why I Am Not a Christian. My first exposure to him. Thanks for reminding me, Setanta.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 11:59 am
Anyone willing to give a quick summation of, oh say, the top 10 religions and their perspectives on evolution v. creation?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 01:05 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Not only who created God, but who created god's creator?

I gave the ANSWER to that pages back...

(Who Was God's Father?)

I guess it was not important enough to remember the answer... But it is important enough to ask again?

You people don't want answers you want questions.

You think you have asked a question that there is no answer but you are only asking a question that you cannot answer.

Who is God's father?

Maybe someone can go back and cut and paste my reply here.

Maybe this time you will read it and think about it.

It took me years to find the ANSWER to who God's father is... But it was an answer I found myself, because I wanted to know it. I kept the question on a shelf in my mind and when the answer came I took down the question and I learned something. I learned it because a scripture gave me the answer. I just needed to align that question with that scripture and a give it a bit of thought and suddenly I knew.

I don't think you really want to know or learn... You just want to ask questions.

We are judged by our answers and not our questions.

So here is another case where your logic has failed you and lead you to a dead end.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 01:21 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1982009&highlight=gods+father#1982009
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 01:36 pm
It's not that we don't want the truth, it's that you post too much pap to be seriously considered or remembered.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 02:22 pm
1Jo 4:8
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Comment:
When I read this and asked myself the question "who is God's father" I learned the answer...

If God is love than who is God's father? Love is the only way I know to understand who God's father is.

If God's father had love, then he had God? If God's great Grandfather utilized love he had God. How could God's father "create" something he already had within? Something with no beginning? Creation is bringing into being something that has "never" been before, love has aways been and was never "created". If some alien had "love" they had God? Love's kingdom has no beginning or end, God just is...

Love exists without creation. Love is always available it does not need to be created just utilized. There is no greater power than the love of God. Love is not physical energy it is spiritual energy. Only the physical realm is limited by time and creation... Love is never in short supply it is just not always utilized.

Who created love? Nothing can create love we "keep" love and we nurture it but love is not even "made". Because God is the very essence of love, we reflect in God's image of the eternal. God gives of this love and love is returned back to God. God is within us as this love.

Love is the energy behind the force of creation...

For God so loved the world that he gave...

The question you might ask is, is hate eternal?

I will answer that.

Hate is a byproduct of the physical world in discord with the true God. Hate will end with the physical world's end. Hate is temporal but it is still spiritual. The God of this world is present for hate to manifest. Hate is an illusive counterfeit for love. Hate is a mirage. Hate and death will be the last enemy to be destroyed. Hate is a consequence of poorly exercised free will.

Now you can say this is too metaphysical for you but then it is no wonder why you have questions and no answers. The answers are the answers whether if the lot of you like them or not. Many of you are just not easily accustomed to thinking in abstracts so you throw out the baby with the bath water in frustration. Well the answers are here for the taking. We are ABLE2KNOW...

God, in the beginning...
Precedes the beginning and the purpose of the beginning is that we should walk in love.

2Jo 1:6 - Show Context
And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Comment:
We know the physical world was created in the big bang? What was before that scientists don't know... Well the Bible says "love" was before that. It makes sense to me. Science has no grip on the metaphysical so they just leave the answer blank. Are we to leave love unanswered?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 02:25 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
It's not that we don't want the truth, it's that you post too much pap to be seriously considered or remembered.

Well I got it out of the Bible so blame God...

John 15:20
Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
0 Replies

username

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 02:34 pm
gibberish
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 02:43 pm
username wrote:
gibberish

I tend to leave people speechless... What specifically is gibberish? Prove/reason me wrong or hold your tongue.

You could stand a bit of the "love of God" in your replies.

The Bible says, "God is love" argue with that, not me.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 03:11 pm
Love is not sexual, love has no father or mother, love has no duality, love is unity...

Love is uncreated.

Love is adorned by beauty.

Love has symmetry, complexity, is a language and a collective being.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 03:44 pm
http://spaceweather.com/eclipses/29mar06c/king1.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 06:54 pm
rex
Quote:
You want proof? Disprove it. It should be easy to disprove if it is "fantasies" as you claim... But you cannot disprove it so you cannot say they are fantasies because those fantasies are highly plausible and surely probable.

There is no ipso-facto "proof", there is only evidence that attempts to establish the proof. Proof also attempts to establish truth by testability. Both of these points you lose by
(A) lack of any evidence or
(B) any means of testability.

Youve been treading water for many months now. Nobody is attacking your obvious faith in God. However, please dont inject God into every convenient space where you presently have little understanding. It belittles what God is supposed to represent.Hes the one with the answers and is almighty, not you. If you cant fathom some of the concepts in science, just say so, dont insert a convenient deity and tyhen try to BS your way by requesting that "proof" of concept is merely the failure to disprove. This may work for a scientific theory because the theories are usually limited in scope. They are not these broad brushed "Religious based theories of everything , without explaning what the foundation questions are".

Thats shamanism (or shamanamanism, whichever you see fit)
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 07:03 pm
FM, do you want to prove a priest, well here I am. Prove you are right.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 07:12 pm
Should I call you Father Rex? I dont think that Holy Orders include , "Obtusity".
Lemme see, there
s poverty, piety, chastity, obedience, and a firm commitment to the Democratic Party of MAine., nope, no obtusity in the pack .
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 07:15 pm
farmerman wrote:
Should I call you Father Rex? I dont think that Holy Orders include , "Obtusity".
Lemme see, there
s poverty, piety, chastity, obedience, and a firm commitment to the Democratic Party of MAine., nope, no obtusity in the pack .

How about, brother of the faith? Or, skeleton of the dead bone society... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 08:38 pm
Re: Evolution? How?
farmerman wrote:
I hope this thread can go back to its origins talk .

Ok, back to the beginning...

vol_fan06 wrote:
What makes Evolution so believable?

It's the best scientific theory to fit the facts. Also, it's pretty obvious, just by looking around at the natural world.

(I love being flippant) Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 09:14 pm
I meant that as a compliment, a good healthy sense of humor, with just the right timing is a sign of a real smartass. So feel proud.

Think about splendi, who must layer us with introductions, exec summaries and large glossaries before he gets to the punch line.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 09:32 pm
farmerman wrote:
Think about splendi.....

OK now what?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 09:43 pm
http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20041218/fob1.asp
0 Replies