RexRed

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:10 am
Eorl wrote:
The apparent godlessness of the entire universe doesn't bother you at all?

I don't see the universe as Godless but full of God's earmarks...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:16 am
How will we ever find intelligence when we "dumb down" creation?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:18 am
RexRed wrote:
Chumly wrote:
Heyah RexRed,

Do you agree 100% with everything real life says or are there some differences? If so what are the biggest ones?

RL deserves the right to his own space from my own superlative analysis. The gaping hole lies in the godlessness here of which RL is not necessarily a party...
So are you saying there may be two gods?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:21 am
I see this discussion between me and you all as fifty/fifty...

Which seems preposterous that I can make you doubt science half of the time... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:25 am
Chumly wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Chumly wrote:
Heyah RexRed,

Do you agree 100% with everything real life says or are there some differences? If so what are the biggest ones?

RL deserves the right to his own space from my own superlative analysis. The gaping hole lies in the godlessness here of which RL is not necessarily a party...

There is a daemon who challenges us all... Jesus Christ is his nemesis...
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:28 am
RexRed wrote:
Eorl wrote:

Please show them to the rest of us.

You are the one "dumbing down" the universe but supposing it to be nothing more than an instant of magic from some guy without any limits.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:32 am
Is the apple guilty of sin?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:33 am
RexRed wrote:
Chumly wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Chumly wrote:
Heyah RexRed,

Daemon Knight rocks!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:34 am
Eorl wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Eorl wrote:

Please show them to the rest of us.

You are the one "dumbing down" the universe but supposing it to be nothing more than an instant of magic from some guy without any limits.

Or maybe something between the two extremes?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:38 am
Sure, show me. Anything. Just one little "earmark".
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:39 am
Chumly wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Chumly wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Chumly wrote:
Heyah RexRed,

Daemon Knight rocks!

Have you ever considered if "lucifer" (The angel of light.) is "real"?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 02:30 am
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 02:31 am
Science knows enough to render itself obsolete...
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 02:50 am
Dr. RexRed is an Associate Professor of Vacuous Patter at the Loon's School of Autoimmune Mumbling in Philadelphia.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 02:50 am
So do we evolve from the paranormal where the supernatural is our sufficiency, to the scientific where we are relegated to being spoon fed healing? ...where we lose the faith component that enables us to change by the miraculous?? Are we limited only to the static?

Do we evolve merely to become slaves to science and the physical or are we masters of the spiritual?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 05:58 am
RexRed wrote:
So do we evolve from the paranormal where the supernatural is our sufficiency, to the scientific where we are relegated to being spoon fed healing? ...where we lose the faith component that enables us to change by the miraculous?? Are we limited only to the static?

Do we evolve merely to become slaves to science and the physical or are we masters of the spiritual?

They say truth is stranger than fiction, and from what I've seen I would have to agree. Science and reason, are life and growth. Faith and fantasy, merely pleasant dreams. I prefer to dream while I'm asleep and live while I'm awake, but everyone is free to do whatever they want, even to dream their lives away.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:32 am
That's exactly what they are doing; by claiming to live by the word of a two thousand year old book that has nothing to support its message. They are dreamers all! Hoping for that paradise after they die. Foolish.
0 Replies

jin kazama

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:41 am
Ya they want to waste their lives trying to please "god" so when they die they can be god's b*tch for eternity
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 12:03 pm
real life wrote:
DS,

You said,

Quote:
With enough conditioning, brainwashing, preaching and proselytizing, I am convinced the average mind can be convinced of anything...

Who convinced you of this?

Is this an idea that you came up with all on your own without anyone suggesting the idea to you?

How came you to hold your set of beliefs? No doubt discussions with other people and exposure to their ideas, whether through books, lectures, discussion, etc played a large part, no?

Certainly you will say, 'well I thought thru what I heard, and kept or modified what I thought reasonable and discarded what I did not consider reasonable'

Are you assuming that others do not do so simply because they do not agree with your conclusions?

How is your process for arriving at your belief any different from what you are criticizing?

(Hint: It's not.)

Bee Ess

You seem to be insinuating in your usual roundabout indirect (some might say slippery) way that all 'beliefs' are equally founded in reality, and that all people have the same intellectual tools with which to formulate said beliefs.
To that I simply say...
HAH!
If you believe that I got a bridge you might be interested in buying.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 02:56 pm
real life, in a bit of 3 card monty says
Quote:
I have no disagreement with this process and have said as much numerous times in this thread.

Nearly every region of the Earth shows evidence of having been undersea, which is consistent with what I've said.

No its not. You said that all sediments were underseas and were deposited as sediments on mountaintops. We had to pummel you to get you to admit that sea floor sediment was uplifted and, like a carpet that was manufactured in Raleigh, was pushed up hill and out of the water into the Smoky Highlands.
Sediments were all deposited withrepsect to the sea floor or lake floor, or basin or stream or lake, or glacial valley. What happened to these sediments later is a separate event. The rug was moved after it was lain.

You try to associate the acts as one event, dont be tryin to fool us now. We gonna hold ya ta task , for all your silly weaseling of facts .

Its the LAW of Original Horizontality, its nor even a theory.
0 Replies