cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 02:25 pm
Hmmm....Rex is the expert on god and religion. It's unfortunate that he sees only one side of what religion really represents in this world. He fails to see the destruction, murder, and division created by it.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 02:28 pm
This is "demonstrating" the spirit... The answers are there for those who have eyes to see...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 02:30 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Hmmm....Rex is the expert on god and religion. It's unfortunate that he sees only one side of what religion really represents in this world. He fails to see the destruction, murder, and division created by it.

I did not say I was an expert on religion... religion is philosophy. I said I understood the spirit more... Yet, there are some very remarkable and knowledgable spiritual people in this forum...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 02:34 pm
Rex wrote:
I said I understood the spirit more..

By this very statement, you are saying you are an expert on your god and religion. You "understand" something many of us can't understand. For us, there is no proof of "spirit." That you understand the spirit shows you are an "expert."
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 02:35 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Rex wrote:
I said I understood the spirit more..

By this very statement, you are saying you are an expert on your god and religion. You "understand" something many of us can't understand. For us, there is no proof of "spirit." That you understand the spirit shows you are an "expert."

Yes, I am an expert on the subject of spirit.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 03:37 pm
RexRed wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
In making that statement and many others, RL is proving that he is entirely subjective -- objectivism is foreign to him and therefore he doesn't know how to discern between the two. He has the makings of a bad politician.

Purposefully ignoring God does not make one politically sound either...

A ridiculous statement -- another non-sequitur which RL has seeming thinks he can pass off like it actually means anything.

It's the devise of someone totally bereft in creative writing skills to end a sentence with "..." In any university, that would get you can F on the any paper.

You have probably entertained the idea but I am not RL. Smile

I have profound respect for RL because he too is a brother of Christ...

Oh, come on, RR and RL are the same person. Schizophrenia seems to run in your family?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 04:16 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
In making that statement and many others, RL is proving that he is entirely subjective -- objectivism is foreign to him and therefore he doesn't know how to discern between the two. He has the makings of a bad politician.

Purposefully ignoring God does not make one politically sound either...

A ridiculous statement -- another non-sequitur which RL has seeming thinks he can pass off like it actually means anything.

It's the devise of someone totally bereft in creative writing skills to end a sentence with "..." In any university, that would get you can F on the any paper.

You have probably entertained the idea but I am not RL. Smile

I have profound respect for RL because he too is a brother of Christ...

Oh, come on, RR and RL are the same person. Schizophrenia seems to run in your family?

Hahaha Laughing
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 08:24 pm
farmerman wrote:
My days home ended today . You boys have been busy stoning each other. Cant we just get along and agree to disagree?

RL, if youd go back, I dont think that an issue of "interbreeding " was an issue . The genetic variation in the foundation species of polar bears was in the Brown bear, a big grizzly. Having end members of a species exist doesnt negate evolution, it actually supports it. Here was a bear , a single bear whose genetic makeup and some of its features were both polar and grizzly. Was there a population of similar hybrids around? or was it, as was suspected a genetic remnant?

Fossils of polar bears do exist, enough , so that the development of the Roman features of the polar bears snout, its paws, its ears, its dentition are all catalogues in he fossil record(just not a lot of them)
Now that the ice is melting, Ive posited that there may be an impending extinction for polar bears unless we can keep the "rootstock" viable in grizzlies or brownies.

I think the discovery of this fella was neat, a "living intermediate"

I didn't see in the article any reference to a 'genetic remnant'. Did I read it too quickly?

Are you saying you do not think the bear was a result of interbreeding of species, but a 'throwback' of sorts?

And we had also had this previously from Pauligirl

Quote:
And it's an on-going process...

http://www.search.com/reference/bear
Occasionally, barren-ground grizzlies are found hunting seals on the sea ice north of the Canadian mainland. The barren-ground grizzlies appear to be brown bear/ polar bear crosses, and could represent an intergrade form...........
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 08:35 pm
timberlandko wrote:

Oh, and as for the polar bear stuff - you make no point and again imply something which is not true; I never said it couldn't happen, in fact I acknowledged it had been done experimentally. I was, and I am still of, the opinion held by the naturalists quoted in your cited article; not impossible, but improbable, and like those naturalists, I am somewhat bemused at the circumstance, having no reason to expect it, but not at all amazed.

Oh ok.

I'm glad you clarified that since your previous responses included

Quote:
Now, that's really interesting - seems to indicate at least the possibility some current in-the-wild hybridization. Sorta surprising to me, that
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 09:16 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Perhaps there's a bit less to "The Controversy" than some might have you believe. It would appear, by the evidence shown on GoogleTrends, that far more folks are interested in learning about evolution than in pursuing ID-iocy. Of note is that the frequency of Google-linked news articles pertaining to evolution has been steady to slightly up-trending, while ID-iocy-centric news articles run a poor second both overall and by trend, showing only mometary spikes centered on headline events (none of which have turned out well for the ID-iocy camp) befiore returning to essentially baseline frequency, a graph performance mirrored in the overall search requests graph.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4885/evolutionvsidiocy6yd.jpg

While The US appears to be the focal point of ID-iocy searches, the UK is the leader in Evolution searches, with Australia, India, Canada, Belgium, the and The USA in that order making up the top 6.

Perhaps it simply indicates that many evolutionists do not wish to challenge their beliefs by hearing an alternate view.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 09:31 pm
There's nothing that can challenge science. IDiots try, but they've been losing their court fights 100 percent; must tell you something. Think evidence. LOL
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 09:58 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
There's nothing that can challenge science. IDiots try, but they've been losing their court fights 100 percent; must tell you something. Think evidence. LOL

Earlier I commented on an article that wandeljw posted about science teachers attending seminars by the New York Academy Of Sciences at John Jay College, that explained
Quote:
basic tenets of the concept of evolution and how does understanding evolution play an essential role in comprehending science, and in particular, modern biology

Perhaps similar occurences elsewhere also account for many of the Google searches of the term 'evolution'.

It's ok by me if they want to know more about it.

If the government is only going to sponsor one brand of thought, then at the very least it ought to be understood by those who have been paid to teach it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 10:45 pm
All biologists realize that evolution is an ongoing phenomenon proved almost daily by their knowledge of chemistry. Bacteria continues to evolve into different strains based on their need to "survive." Any biologist that doesn't accept evolution is wasting their time in the field.
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 11:07 pm
ok to the person who started this page, scientists have mapped the human genome and it is approximately 95% identical to that of a chimpanzee, so let me ask you this if i were to give you a sandwich made up of 95% **** and 5% ham would you call it a ham sandwich or would you call it a miracle of god????????
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 11:39 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
All biologists realize that evolution is an ongoing phenomenon proved almost daily by their knowledge of chemistry. Bacteria continues to evolve into different strains based on their need to "survive." Any biologist that doesn't accept evolution is wasting their time in the field.

Has any bacteria ever been observed to 'evolve' into anything but other than bacteria?

Also was any biologist that worked prior to Darwin therefore 'unscientific' in his work and 'wasting his time'? Were there NO advances in biology prior to Darwin?

What if Darwin had never published his work? Would any and all study of biology therefore be a 'waste of time'?
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 11:47 pm
what if John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich chose not to tell anyone about the sandwich you think we would still eat them?? you bet your ass we would cuz someone else would have made one and it would just have a different name.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 11:50 pm
real, When are you going to become "real?" Darwin introduced the concept of evoltuion to the world. That people worked in the field of chemistry and biology before Darwin's time doesn't negate their study and findings.

In today's world, 99.2 percent of scientists believe in evolution. The other .8 percent are all fundamentalist IDers without any credibility.

You're barking up the wrong tree.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 11:51 pm
real life wrote:
Perhaps it simply indicates that many evolutionists do not wish to challenge their beliefs by hearing an alternate view.

There *is* no alternate scientific view. Evolution is currently the ONLY scientific theory on the table which matches all the evidence.

The other theories you offer are not science, and as such, they are no better than my magic elf theory.
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 11:57 pm
magic elfs awsome !!! personally i believe in the sumerian anliens theory.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 11:59 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Any biologist that doesn't accept evolution is wasting their time in the field...........

cicerone imposter wrote:
That people worked in the field of chemistry and biology before Darwin's time doesn't negate their study and findings.........

So why would anyone who doesn't accept evolution be wasting their time in biology?

If Darwinian assumptions were not necessary to study biology prior to the publication of OoS.........

..........have the laws of the universe changed since 1859?

Have biological systems altered their function since Darwin?
0 Replies