RexRed

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:01 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
But, can you imagine a 100 year old going to heaven and not changing, but getting older? LOL They'll look like mummies walking around heaven.

Jesus had a "new body" that the Bible says that "we will be fashioned unto"...

He could change his appearance and zap from place to place in an instant.

Some of this stuff in the Bible is rather interesting if people would just read it rather than doubting something they do not even know what it says and means....
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:09 pm
RexRed wrote:

Cool! Just like a 2000 year old sci-fi novel.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:09 pm
Rex, That's the first problem with reading the bible; too many errors, contradictions, and omissions. How one is able to reconcile all them contradictions would drive any sane persion crazy. Let's start with god's support for slavery....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:10 pm
Rex, That's the first problem with reading the bible; too many errors, contradictions, and omissions. How one is able to reconcile all them contradictions would drive any sane person crazy. Let's start with god's support for slavery....
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:42 pm
Yes, we know, the Bible is really the origin of "Star Trek" and Christ is Mr. Spock. Will someone please get out the electro-shock therepy equipment? I will personally plug it in. That is, if anyone can get RL out of that straight jacket.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:45 pm
Quote:

Rex
You really don't belive that do you?
It's like watching superheros on Cartoon Channel.

That's child stuff.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:47 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Cool! Just like a 2000 year old sci-fi novel.

No, more like today's science... Jesus used it.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/shadowlands/6583/project441.html
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:50 pm
xingu wrote:

I never got a response from Real so I'll ask Rex; what special reward will God give you for believing in creationism/ID vs. those who will not believe?

I don't recall you addressing this question to me.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:52 pm
NOw you do? <smile>
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:52 pm
RexRed wrote:
xingu wrote:
What's funny is once the Bible declares itself to be true nothing is allowed to question it. Anything that does question it is false; it will piss off God and you will be punished. That's called free will.

I never got a response from Real so I'll ask Rex; what special reward will God give you for believing in creationism/ID vs. those who will not believe?

Well you can't Google this one...
You have to look up the King James Bible online (or a concordance) and do a search for the word "reward" and you will have your answer.

I have studied the word "reward" in the Bible before.

One of the rewards will be a "crown of righteousness"...

Ps 58:11
So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.

2Ti 4:8
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

See if you can find the "other" rewards... Smile

I have little confidence in any enterprise or business or investment that promises dividends only after the death of the stockholders." --- Robert Ingersoll, "A Wooden God" letter to the Chicago Times, March 27, 1890
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:54 pm
pauligirl, That's a good un. I'd like to borrow that one for future use. Wink
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:00 pm
xingu wrote:
Quote:

Rex
You really don't belive that do you?
It's like watching superheros on Cartoon Channel.

That's child stuff.

I am talking about Jesus in his "resurrected body" and yes I most certainly do believe it...

If I did not belive it, I would not be saved...

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Comment:

Salvation is based upon the lordship of Jesus Christ and the belief that he is alive.

He is not only alive but he has a new body...

Ro 7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

1Co 12:12
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:02 pm
Pauligirl wrote:
RexRed wrote:
xingu wrote:
What's funny is once the Bible declares itself to be true nothing is allowed to question it. Anything that does question it is false; it will piss off God and you will be punished. That's called free will.

You have to look up the King James Bible online (or a concordance) and do a search for the word "reward" and you will have your answer.

So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.

Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

I have little confidence in any enterprise or business or investment that promises dividends only after the death of the stockholders." --- Robert Ingersoll, "A Wooden God" letter to the Chicago Times, March 27, 1890

Guess you have no life insurance, eh?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:04 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Rex, That's the first problem with reading the bible; too many errors, contradictions, and omissions. How one is able to reconcile all them contradictions would drive any sane persion crazy. Let's start with god's support for slavery....

Yeah, there are lots of 'omissions'.

What does it prove that something was left out of the Bible, CI?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:06 pm
Pauligirl wrote:
RexRed wrote:
xingu wrote:

Christians are not receiving death from God but inheritance of eternal life from the almighty God...

1Pe 1:4
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:06 pm
real life wrote:

It won't pay me, will it?
P
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:09 pm
Pauligirl wrote:
real life wrote:

P

I consider that it benefits me because it helps accomplish a goal that I have set, providing for my family. It is as if I were receiving income that my family may use.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:13 pm
2Co 4:7
But we have this treasure [spirit] in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:14 pm
real life wrote:
Pauligirl wrote:
real life wrote:

P

I consider that it benefits me because it helps accomplish a goal that I have set, providing for my family. It is as if I were receiving income that my family may use.

So? Which does that have to do with the Ingersoll quote?
P
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:18 pm
RL is a diverter and not a very clever one. He's as transparant as Saran Wrap.
0 Replies