Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 01:27 pm
RexRed wrote:
Self delusion is sincerity not necessarily truth.

Sincerity is no guarantee for truth.

Self delussion is not sincerity.

Sincerity is sincerity.

And Chumly, no... That extract was equally painful to read.

RR seems to love circular logic. The Bible is true because it says so. Pure nonsense.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 01:34 pm
Quote:
The Bible is true because it says so.

I guess that means anything is true that declares itself so.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 01:38 pm
What's funny is once the Bible declares itself to be true nothing is allowed to question it. Anything that does question it is false; it will piss off God and you will be punished. That's called free will.

I never got a response from Real so I'll ask Rex; what special reward will God give you for believing in creationism/ID vs. those who will not believe?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 01:54 pm
xingu, The answer is simple: those that believe in the bible will live in paradise after they die, and those that don't will go to hell for eternity.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 02:06 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
xingu, The answer is simple: those that believe in the bible will live in paradise after they die, and those that don't will go to hell for eternity.

I am reminded of Letters from Earth by Mark Twain, which I foolishly bought in a bookstore when I could have printed the entire thing offline for free (or at least, for the price of the electricity required to print it out).

"By this time you will have noticed that the human being's heaven has been thought out and constructed upon an absolutely definite plan; and that this plan is, that it shall contain, in laboured detail, each and every imaginable thing that is repulsive to a man, and not a single thing he likes!"

-- Letters from the Earth
Mark Twain.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 02:28 pm
It even sounds like a deathly boring place. Who wants to live forever? One life on this planet is plenty!

Can you imagine, nobody ages in heaven?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 02:38 pm
Anybody here know how to administer electro shock therepy for sincerity?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 02:43 pm
CI: First Steps In Life Extension Via Dietary Restriction

LW: sparky at the ready!
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 03:10 pm
Ya, that diet restriction worked for this guy.

http://www.thanhniennews.com/images/newsimages/Manuel-Uribe-123-06.jpg
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 03:30 pm
Clicky
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 03:31 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 03:50 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Can you imagine, nobody ages in heaven?

I can see the advantage of being eternally youthful and dashingly handsome. You know, it would be a nice change from what I am now, getting older and uglier by the second.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 04:00 pm
But, can you imagine a 100 year old going to heaven and not changing, but getting older? LOL They'll look like mummies walking around heaven.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:37 pm
I have seen the spirit of God manifest itself and turn people to the light. The rivers of joyful tears are so deep and wide that they sing praises to glorify God. They speak with unknown tongues, interpret, prophecy, manifesting the power of the newly born holy spirit.... (Can you measure that? Yes.)

Hope that is radiant and healing. Measurable changes in a persons life force. They too are open to the spirit realm and they receive a NEW nature that restores rather than corrupts and that is everlasting. This is a highly observable "change" which is evidenced in the physical realm within a new born believer. Hope... Hope does not guarantee that one will be smart, hope only separates one from the hopeless...
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:44 pm
What about bats then or moles?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:48 pm
I also wonder which bugs, insects, and animals will be allowed in this heaven place? Will god eliminate all them diseases and stuff?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:54 pm
xingu wrote:
What's funny is once the Bible declares itself to be true nothing is allowed to question it. Anything that does question it is false; it will piss off God and you will be punished. That's called free will.

I never got a response from Real so I'll ask Rex; what special reward will God give you for believing in creationism/ID vs. those who will not believe?

Well you can't Google this one...
You have to look up the King James Bible online (or a concordance) and do a search for the word "reward" and you will have your answer.

I have studied the word "reward" in the Bible before.

One of the rewards will be a "crown of righteousness"...

Ps 58:11
So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.

2Ti 4:8
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

See if you can find the "other" rewards... Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:56 pm
Chumly wrote:
What about bats then or moles?

And rocks?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:00 pm
Hey Rex,
do marshmallows come from god or are they earthly rewards?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:00 pm
Sounds like those rewards mentioned in the bible is as illusive and non-descriptive as anything I've heard about "rewards." But using their already trained imagination about what those rewards could be should be no problem for the follower. Gold-paved roads and such.
0 Replies