neologist

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 08:54 am
xingu wrote:
One question I would like to ask our head-in-the-sand creationist; do you think God will punish you if you believe in evolution? Will he send you to hell?
There isn't any hell.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:28 am
neologist wrote:
xingu wrote:
One question I would like to ask our head-in-the-sand creationist; do you think God will punish you if you believe in evolution? Will he send you to hell?
There isn't any hell.

There isn't any God either.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:38 am
Hell is in the mind of the beholder; mostly christians.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:42 am
There is no God or hell.

Great!

Not we can dispense with religious mythology and gain our knowledge through discovery, observation and experimentation. Much better than relying on paranormal gobblygook to explain what we don't yet understand.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:44 am
The voodoo and hocus-pocus of the Bible doesn't explain anything.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:50 am
Unfortunately, many do see things in the hokus pokus of the bible.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:54 am
Yes, hallucinations.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 03:00 pm
Quote:

SOURCE
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 03:02 pm
Let's not forget the so-called Bible Code. Google it if (for some reason) you've never heard of it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 03:03 pm
xingu, Sounds reasonable to me! With what little knowledge I have about chemistry, it sounds consistent with how evolution works.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 07:02 pm
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
Let's not forget the so-called Bible Code. Google it if (for some reason) you've never heard of it.
The most serious claim of scientific evidence for the Codes was made by three Israelis: Doron Witztum, Eliyahu Rips, and Yoav Rosenberg (WRR). They claim that biographical information about medieval rabbis is "encoded" in the Hebrew text of Genesis. Specifically, the rabbis' names and other appellations are claimed to be encoded closer to their dates of birth and death than should be expected by chance. WRR's "experiment" appeared in the respectable journal Statistical Science in 1994.

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/torah.html
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 12:11 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
It's successful in controlling people, isn't it?

Only the people who can't think outside of the box...

The only way to get outside of the box is to reject religion and "first hand" personally get inside of the scriptures...

Study then reflect continuously upon them and grow with them.

There is only one way and all others are false.

Truth cannot contradict itself.

Religion (philosophy) is built on the flimsiest of suppositions and then it is fed to the masses. While the truth is brushed aside for a preferred abstract view. Thus the addiction of the masses cannot be quenched and they remain captive to an unfulfilled dream.

Like Jesus being uncreated? Where is the word uncreate in the Bible? What the heck does uncreated mean? Yes, abstract ideas that cut the word from people.

Jesus was a completely created being, created by God and I would like someone to show me even one CLEAR scripture in the Bible that says Jesus was uncreated. This amidst the abundance of scriptures that CLEARLY teach that Jesus was indeed literally "created".

The entire "uncreated" dogma rests upon ONLY TWO frighteningly vague scriptures that do not even in all objectivity have anything whatsoever to do with an uncreated Jesus... They are the two most figurative scriptures probably in the Bible to boot... I stand back from this in shock and stupefied.

Yet the majority of Catholics and Protestants believe Jesus was "uncreated"...

It seems the nature of religion and the drive for it makes it MORE prone to error...

There is absolutely NO doubt in MY mind that Jesus was (biblically) created by God and I have hundreds of clear scriptures that prove it... How can this be? One would have to overlook all of this clarity to magnify error above the truth but that is EXACTLY what has been done...

And science especially has no clue and is totally in the dark as to how poorly that religion has done in "discovering" the Bible.

If science were to look at the Bible instead of religion, I believe their foes would become their friends...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 12:26 am
Chumly wrote:
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
The most serious claim of scientific evidence for the Codes was made by three Israelis: Doron Witztum, Eliyahu Rips, and Yoav Rosenberg (WRR). They claim that biographical information about medieval rabbis is "encoded" in the Hebrew text of Genesis. Specifically, the rabbis' names and other appellations are claimed to be encoded closer to their dates of birth and death than should be expected by chance. WRR's "experiment" appeared in the respectable journal Statistical Science in 1994.

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/torah.html

This reminds me of a story...

I have told it before (on Abuzz) But I will tell it for those who did not get it the first time...

There was this man who decided that he would just get up every morning and open his Bible and plop his finger onto some page and verse and what ever it said he would go out and do...

So the first verse said, "Jesus fed the poor" so he went out that day and helped feed the poor.

The next day, this man opened his Bible and thumbed through it then placed his finger down... It said, "and Judas went and hanged himself"...

He decided he did not like that one so he closed his eyes real tight, flipped a few more pages and plopped his finger down again and read, "What thou readest go and do likewise"...

Comment:
One should not add superstition to truth.

Smile
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 12:37 am
Hey Rex,
Do you know about the "seer stones"?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 12:49 am
Psalms 95:3 For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. 4 In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. 5 The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. 6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 01:12 am
Chumly wrote:
Hey Rex,
Do you know about the "seer stones"?

I am not Mormon (never have been) but yes they do believe that Jesus was created. Then the Mormons get (really) weird and say Jesus was created in the beginning... I do not believe that... the devil was created in the beginning. Jesus triumphed over the devil as a man.

Again... body, soul and spirit considerations are needed to understand this...

Jesus had body, soul and spirit which put him TOTALLY WITHIN the human realm and that of the "created"...

So what was "the word"? God...

Jesus was only the word because he spoke what God told him. He was the image of God not God.

We are this same image. We do not have to be uncreated to be the "living" word today...

Jesus was the first born of the spirit and we are born after him, one cannot be "born" if they are "uncreated"...

There is so much logic in the Bible that knocks this "uncreated" thing down without a fight. (talk about evidence)

Yet the majority of the world FOLLOW this.. because of this they miss the
TRUTH... nothing can be built further on this but error upon error...

So I KNOW why many of you people don't believe... Because you think religion is a bunch of bull... well it is!

And you are not helping to find the truth you are throwing the baby out with the bath water...

I can tell you from years of experience that you are missing something.

THE WORD IS TRUE...
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 04:38 am
So, what you're saying is that the Bible is true because you think it is and because with your great imagination, you can read the Bible non-literally and apply its sometimes vague verses to anything of that is scientifically true?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 06:17 am
RexRed wrote:
THE WORD IS TRUE...

So is self-delusion.

What's your point?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:07 am
Rex wrote:
He was the image of God not God

The problem with Christians today is the same problem that existed at the beginnings of Christianity. No one knows what to make of Jesus. Some say he's a human messenger sent by God. Others, like Rex say he's in the image of God. Others say he is God.

Many conservative Christians would not consider Rex to be a Christian. You either believe Christ and God are one in the same or not. If not your not a Christian.

Because of this diversity no matter what you say someone claiming to be a Christian will say they don't believe this or that, but some other Christian will believe it.

In conclusion Chrisitans don't know squat about God or Jesus but they think they do. That's what happens when you have a belief based on no evidence. Anyone can make up anything they like.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:10 am
If you want to know the mind of a Creationist read this. Don't know if this was posted already. If so there may be some who have not seen it.

That eye looks familiar.

http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/05-10-28.html
0 Replies